Thread: More drama on RealGrinders involving another possible scammer

Load Metric

More drama on RealGrinders involving another possible scammer

Apparently theres a shit ton of drama ongoing on RealGrinders FB page right now involving a posting about some guy names Michael Ralph Sutton scamming some people. Whats complicated it is that one of Ray Davis' mods a female named Terry King killed the posting and didn't deny it. Several other folks have now either left the group due to what they see as two faced mod bullshit (can we say 2+2 where mods cover up shady shit by a member) and Rays only response himself has been to say he also booted a couple folks and told one person not to let the door hit them in the ass if they decide to leave.. I must say if the accusations are true that RG would legit bury news of a shady member especially after the fiasco they just had involving that female member who bullshitted people.

To the meat of the matter several folks have claimed they lent this guy money and haven't seen a dime (theres a surprise). And a couple folks making excuses that he just must be in a bad way right now and hope he gets things turned around..

I'm assuming we have another PFA member online there, as they posted for somebody to post it on PFA think its likely Scott from the East Coast (just a guess based on the name and location).

Load Metric
    I'm orettt familiar with the situation as this guy had asked me for "loans" before in which I always turned down. He'd try getting people to loan him $100 today...and he'll pay back $120 on Friday....just seemed like it was a matter of time.

I had done several trades with the guy in the past and had several friends do trades also. Once I got notified of this possible scam I sent him a message. This is what I got

Name:  IMG_0229.PNG
Views: 805
Size:  374.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I raised issue with this on Real Grinders, regarding the deleted messages.

The mods defended their actions in that they received a lot of false-positive scam posts when people were just impatient because small transfers took a few hours to go through.

I stated that actual false accusations of scams in poker are rare, and when they occur, it's still better to let them play out and let the accuser be proven wrong.

I don't think Terry King deleted the messages maliciously or in attempt to cover anything up, but I do disagree with their general policy to suppress these types of posts until it's "proven".

That's not the policy on here, 2+2, or any other poker forum I know of.

Regarding this specific case, Ray Davis made an odd statement that the guy "got in over his head", and that it wasn't a scam.

Huh?

I assume Ray meant that the guy is a problem gambler and traded money he didn't have in order to fund his gambling problem, but that's not an excuse. Even high-profile scammers such as Erick Lindgren sometimes had all the intentions to pay, but stealing with the intent to pay back is still stealing (and often the money never gets paid!)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I raised issue with this on Real Grinders, regarding the deleted messages.

The mods defended their actions in that they received a lot of false-positive scam posts when people were just impatient because small transfers took a few hours to go through.

I stated that actual false accusations of scams in poker are rare, and when they occur, it's still better to let them play out and let the accuser be proven wrong.

I don't think Terry King deleted the messages maliciously or in attempt to cover anything up, but I do disagree with their general policy to suppress these types of posts until it's "proven".

That's not the policy on here, 2+2, or any other poker forum I know of.

Regarding this specific case, Ray Davis made an odd statement that the guy "got in over his head", and that it wasn't a scam.

Huh?

I assume Ray meant that the guy is a problem gambler and traded money he didn't have in order to fund his gambling problem, but that's not an excuse. Even high-profile scammers such as Erick Lindgren sometimes had all the intentions to pay, but stealing with the intent to pay back is still stealing (and often the money never gets paid!)
    That's what I kind of took for the situation. That the Michael Ralph Sutton guy was borrowing money with intentions to pay back but borrowed to much, or maybe had "life happen" and had to spend funds elsewhere.

I've also tried talking sense into letting the scam post stay up but to no unveil.

Thread Information