Thread: Micon spars with Jesse Martin on Twitter about Seals taking Martin's bitcoin

Platinum
    Load Metric

Micon spars with Jesse Martin on Twitter about Seals taking Martin's bitcoin

The Icon is going on monkey tilt on Twitter about bitcoin, how he never was the chairman of Seals (LOL) and acted with the utmost of integrity blah blah blah.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    The Icon is going on monkey tilt on Twitter about bitcoin, how he never was the chairman of Seals (LOL) and acted with the utmost of integrity blah blah blah.

Micon is being careful with his choice of words as he should be. What he says in this tweet I believe to be 100% true he's simply leaving out the details of the stake he owned of SWC for his role.

Load Metric
    lol did he delete all his tweets or something?

all that shit 404's me.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    lol did he delete all his tweets or something?

all that shit 404's me.
    A few minutes after I post them on here and they get snap deleted.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I still had the tab up and can't look at the follow up comments but here:

Name:  micontweets2.PNG
Views: 396
Size:  21.9 KB

Name:  micontweets.PNG
Views: 480
Size:  55.5 KB

Comments

sonatine: feastmode

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That was the gist of it besides a bunch of randos chiming in to say how all their bitcoin got stolen under his watch LOL. It was hilarious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've never heard of this before.

When did people lose their BTC on Seals?

Obviously this was on the old Seals -- the one which later became swcpoker under "new" ownership.

But I had always thought that everyone's funds had been safe there, aside from the 30-day period Seals gave people to withdraw after Micon got busted (basically, they let everyone withdraw and then confiscated the rest of the balances, which I did think was shady.)

So is Jesse Martin referring to that 30-day thing? It's hard to believe that Jesse, who is well-informed online and follows poker drama, would have let those 30 days pass.

At the same time, Jesse as been known to be a stand-up guy and I've never seen him lying or exaggerating. So there's gotta be something to this.

Paul Volpe also repeated the accusation.

Anyone know anything more?

Also I'll just leave this here:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've never heard of this before.

When did people lose their BTC on Seals?

Obviously this was on the old Seals -- the one which later became swcpoker under "new" ownership.

But I had always thought that everyone's funds had been safe there, aside from the 30-day period Seals gave people to withdraw after Micon got busted (basically, they let everyone withdraw and then confiscated the rest of the balances, which I did think was shady.)

So is Jesse Martin referring to that 30-day thing? It's hard to believe that Jesse, who is well-informed online and follows poker drama, would have let those 30 days pass.

At the same time, Jesse as been known to be a stand-up guy and I've never seen him lying or exaggerating. So there's gotta be something to this.

Paul Volpe also repeated the accusation.

Anyone know anything more?
    I saw about 8 people make reference to the fact during all these tweets. It wasn't just a few people either apparently.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, I'm looking at Jesse Martin's tweets, where are still there.

Apparently Jesse's attempts at withdrawl were "thwarted", and lost his BTC on there after the 30 days. They are apparently angry that Micon was of no help as to who has their BTC after those 30 days expired.

Jesse also insisted he "remembers not missing the memo" to cash out:

I remember remarking at the time that the whole "30 days to withdraw, then they're gone" thing was very shady. It was implied that the owners of Seals wanted to scatter to the wind, and didn't want to leave a trail to find them for the authorities, but another solution (such as entrusting the coin and balance info to an uninvolved third party) could have been utilized. They did the absolute minimum to let people withdraw, and then skated off with the money.

What if someone went on vacation for a month? What if they just didn't log into Seals? What if they had problems withdrawing, like Jesse did? Tough luck? Apparently so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I used to spar with Volpe on twitter about Merge cashouts. He always complained that they didn't pay. But then he admitted he hadn't tried to cash out for a long time (maybe months or years lol) when at that time you could get off a good amount. He also got pissed when a check he got bounced when he left it on his dresser for months.

No surprise he doesn't remember his screen name or password , but even if he did it would do him no good
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 03-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

I'm returning to the poker scene after a few years away. Where can I read a rundown of what happened to Micon/Druff since the old days of NWP/DD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    I'm returning to the poker scene after a few years away. Where can I read a rundown of what happened to Micon/Druff since the old days of NWP/DD

Off the cuff I dont know, but we got a slot open for someone capable of keeping us abreast of the impending east coast hurricanes this season so maybe we can work something out.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Lol.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Micon spars with Jesse Martin on Twitter about Seals taking Martin's bitcoin

fair nuff

Load Metric
    whatever the withdrawal problems might have been on swc, they would most likely be cataloged at the bitcointalk forums. any serious withdrawal complaints at the time would have found their way there, IMO. Announced its closing around mid-Feb 2015ish I think, if anyone feels like digging.

Thread Information