Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #JusticeForBradsWife

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I'm not understanding the "Right to Work" discussion here, as this doesn't involve unions.

At-will employment applies here (as Gordman stated), allowing Cracker Barrel to terminate Brad's wife for any reason that isn't discriminatory or against the law.

There are a few other protections that at-will employees have, such as protections against being fired for refusing to commit illegal acts, taking family/medical leave, or engaging in certain protected legal actions (such as testifying in someone else's wrongful termination case).

Bottom line is that poor Brad's wife isn't in good legal standing, though I think the employment doors will be wide open for her after this.

Load Metric
    CLASSIC DRUFF SHILLING FOR BIG CRACKER IN EXCHANGE FOR BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Massachusetts is super liberal and you can be fired over any reason anytime.
    This is not true for all jobs in MA.

I can be fired for a performance issue, but I can't be fired for no reason.

Thread Information