Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck feuds with Tomi Lahren, suspends her from his Blaze network

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Glenn Beck feuds with Tomi Lahren, suspends her from his Blaze network

In a battle between two conservative voices I don't particularly like, Glenn Beck and Tomi Lahren are going at it.

In case you're not familiar with Tomi Lahren, she's a conservative 24-year-old talk show host who works for Glenn Beck's "The Blaze" network.

Tomi has rapidly gained popularity in conservative circles, especially on the internet.

People like her because she's pretty, young, confident, and unapologetically angry.

I never liked her because I didn't see any evidence she was genuine. She always comes off as if she's reading cue cards (which she probably is). It's unclear which thoughts are hers and which thoughts were written for her by others. She's also too angry for my taste, even if it's an act. Compare her to a young conservative personality such as Steven Crowder, who usually comes off jovial and humorous while making his points.

Glenn Beck is just a douche, and often peddles ridiculous conspiracy theories for attention. Never liked him.

Beck has apparently kicked Lahren off his network -- at least temporarily -- because she (gasp) said she was pro-choice.

He defended this by blaming it on "intellectual dishonesty", claiming that her support of Trump was a contradiction of her claim that she wants the government out of her business.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/32...e-blaze-report

Wait, libertarian views? Help me out on Trumpcare, stimulus, and executive orders. Trump is anything but libertarian
    That's what Beck wrote on Twitter, after Lahren tweeted that she had "moderate, conservative, and libertarian views".

The Daily Caller website said that Lahren is likely on her way out of The Blaze, and that she apparently has problems getting along with other employees and hosts at The Blaze. Her exit date in the article written two days ago indicated she'd be gone "by September", but now it looks like it might happen sooner.

Load Metric
    you know this is about her being pro-choice right?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yes.

I mentioned that in the OP, but I didn't really go into it very much because I didn't have time.

As much as I don't care for Lahren, I am on her side on this one. It's absurd that they would kick her off The Blaze simply because one particular political view doesn't correlate with what they want.

I mean, this is probably just an excuse to get rid of her, as it seems they were tired of her infighting, but this just makes them look really bad.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm not at all a right winger Todd but you have turned me on to Crowder, he's funny and does provide a different perspective. You should really try and get him on the show man.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Yes.

I mentioned that in the OP, but I didn't really go into it very much because I didn't have time.

As much as I don't care for Lahren, I am on her side on this one. It's absurd that they would kick her off The Blaze simply because one particular political view doesn't correlate with what they want.

I mean, this is probably just an excuse to get rid of her, as it seems they were tired of her infighting, but this just makes them look really bad.
    Ach missed that.

Yeah whatever the right wing has morphed into at this point, it has zero point zero tolerance for abortion.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Glenn Beck is just a douche, and often peddles ridiculous conspiracy theories for attention. Never liked him.
    That does really well with your base.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Lol
    Last edited by Henry; 03-21-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Name:  17359121_1929458130632335_123888960871883264_o.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  118.9 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric
    If you google her name...

Name:  Screenshot_20170321-173556.png
Views: 538
Size:  191.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched every one of her videos, but I've found that the "racist" charges against Tomi are bullshit SJW-type accusations.

I just don't care for her because she comes off too angry and sounds like she's reading.

Makes me feel like I'm watching a carefully orchestrated act rather than a fellow conservative talking to me.

At least this whole pro-choice flap shows that she's not completely just packaged bullshit.

Load Metric
    I'd love to eat her ass though.

Comments

LarryLaffer: this

Load Metric
    now, SHE is a millennial.

seems so entitled.

she can eat a bag of dicks.

oh she's pro choice? so she's not a total monster. but she's still a monster.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Huge strategic misstep by our favorite blonde......not conservative. I am also wondering as much as she has been in the media...on twitter.....this topic has never come up before?? How in the fuck does an extreme right winger in the spotlight manage to keep that view suppressed for so long?? It seems impossible. Back to the strategic part, not the brightest bulb to alienate the only people in the world that have your back. I mean she will NEVER have a bit of left support, so what was the point of making this a big deal? What was there to gain? Should have just kept her mouth shut.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think something is lost in most of this....I don't think she's PRO choice as much as she isnt ANTI choice..saying keep the governments laws off my body don't mean you're PESONALLY pro choice in all instances. It means you don't want the government restricting choice. It's quite simple honestly. while I'm prolife personally I recognize that not everyone is and don't need or want my government passing laws against those choices

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    I think something is lost in most of this....I don't think she's PRO choice as much as she isnt ANTI choice..saying keep the governments laws off my body don't mean you're PESONALLY pro choice in all instances. It means you don't want the government restricting choice. It's quite simple honestly. while I'm prolife personally I recognize that not everyone is and don't need or want my government passing laws against those choices
    That's some twisted logic, bro. For a woman, not wanting the government to restrict her choice of what she do with her body is *exactly* what "pro-choice" means.

Comments

JimmyG_415: exactly
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-21-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    That's some twisted logic, bro. For a woman, not wanting the government to restrict her choice of what she do with her body is *exactly* what "pro-choice" means.

Not true at all and really pretty simple and just as a hypothetical example....I personally don't smoke weed and dont believe others should either for whatever reason but I dont want the govt making laws saying that others can't smoke weed if that's their choice. That just makes me not anti weed doesn't make me pro weed

Edit....should read "that just makes me anti weed law not pro weed"
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 03-22-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Not true at all and really pretty simple...I don't do 'x', I don't think other people should Do 'x' either. Doesn't mean I want laws to prevent people from doing 'x'. Does this make me pro 'x' or does this just make me not anti 'x'. You can hold personal opinions for yourself but not not want to deny others of their own personal choice.....I personally don't smoke weed but I dont want the govt making laws saying that others can't smoke weed if that's their choice. That just makes me not anti choice doesn't make me pro weed
    Just like mumbles said, your answer was twisted, typical GOP bend over backwards for GOP.
    "I think what she meant was" .(how many times have we heard that about Trump?)...then put words in her mouth to fit your how you wish she was.
    Same way you guys twist everything about Hillary to the bad.

TY, from all pot smokers, for not denying our rights.
    (I'd see a shrink if I cared if other people smokes weed or not, called having control issues.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Not true at all and really pretty simple...I don't do 'x', I don't think other people should Do 'x' either. Doesn't mean I want laws to prevent people from doing 'x'. Does this make me pro 'x' or does this just make me not anti 'x'. You can hold personal opinions for yourself but not not want to deny others of their own personal choice.....I personally don't smoke weed but I dont want the govt making laws saying that others can't smoke weed if that's their choice. That just makes me not anti choice doesn't make me pro weed
    Just like mumbles said, your answer was twisted, typical GOP bend over backwards for GOP.
    "I think what she meant was" .(how many times have we heard that about Trump?)...then put words in her mouth to fit your how you wish she was.

(I'd see a shrink if I cared if other people smokes weed or not, called having control issues.
    I could have used plenty of other examples...not agreeing with something personally and not wanting a law preventing others from that same something isn't twisted it's called tolerance but whatever.

Could also just say I dont smoke weed but I sure as hell don't want the government passing a law saying I can't smoke weed if I wanted to...pretty simple isn't it
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 03-22-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Load Metric

I could have used plenty of other examples...not agreeing with something personally and not wanting a law preventing others from that same something isn't twisted it's called tolerance but whatever.

Could also just say I dont smoke weed but I sure as hell don't want the government passing a law saying I can't smoke weed if I wanted to...pretty simple isn't it
    Your weed example would relate to original claim in a sense that Tomi isn't pro abortion, but pro choice. There really is no difference with pro choice and not anti choice except one those sounds less silly.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Whatever happened to Ralph Lauren? Isn't white pride bigger than ever? Or did they tarnish their brand by trying to go urban?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

"Pro choice" means having the right to choose, not the intent/desire to use. Meaning, a woman can be for all women to have the *right* to choose whether to have an abortion but personally not want to ever do so. Of course, her opinion about that choice for herself might change, as might yours about you smoking pot. That is why the *right* to have an abortion is appropriately called "pro CHOICE", not "pro ABORTION".
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information