Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amy Schumer's Netflix special rated 1 star -- is the alt right to blame?

Load Metric
    seriously tho i dont know what the 5th best show on tv is, but i know numbers 1-4 is Girls.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    is druff really retarded or is he just trying to generate traffic now that the Trump thread is loosing steam
    Slava Ukraini!

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    seriously tho i dont know what the 5th best show on tv is, but i know numbers 1-4 is Girls.
    in no particular order
    Homeland (is a warm mess)
    Billions
    Suits
    Wicked tuna
    Gold Rush Alaska
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    its the americans man seeking woman which just ended always sunny which just ended then some combo of pbs rick bayless food shows then bronsons

Comments

The Shrink: Man Seeking Woman rep

Load Metric
    honestly norway so sad

Load Metric
    sunny was fucking great this season once they got past the waterpark episode.

im struggling with the americans so far. i think im just overexposed on sneaky cossack fuckery, and they appear to have moved past the cool tradecraft and are now slogging into relationships with a side of politics and im just totally losing interest.

wild tuna is great when the fish get away and the assclown masshole fishermen tick off all the ways their lives are going to fall apart because of it.

i used to like port protection but its not landing for me this season. genuinely no idea why. i think its because the first ep seemed to be less astoundingly gorgeous nature footage and more obvious oxycodone addicts building goat nests or whatever the fuck.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also the life below zero lawsuit did a fantastic job of curing me of my fascination with that show as well.

Banned
    Load Metric
    yea but for a min there broad city was better than girls and look what happened to that.

Load Metric
    to be honest i literally havent watched an episode of this seasons americans yet cuz i need to be sober enough to understand it and i diverted my attention to patriot on amazon which actually might be the goat

Load Metric
    ill dip a toe.

Load Metric
    He’s also a stoner and folk singer, and takes several breaks in the first episode to croon out exposition like “I’ve just been getting paid for looking up at birds wondering why there aren’t male hotel maids in other countries you never see that” and “I’m showing increasing signs of mental instability.” The soundtrack of the episode is mostly John’s own folk music stylings, mixed up with some Townes Van Zandt.

interest barometer rising.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    in no particular order
    Billions
    Suits
    Wicked tuna
    Gold Rush Alaska
    how has this season been? used to watch it religiously, but missed the first couple of episodes and didn't want come in midseason...

parker is a fucking stud...he might fuck up but to do what he has in his teens and very early 20s is impressive...

Load Metric
    don't care for the her politics, but there are parts of the show that are funny

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Druff is easily the biggest misogynist on PFA but Amy Schumer just isn't funny. Never has been in my mind. I don't recall Druff ever writing or speaking nicely of any women ever without a but somewhere in the same sentence. Cate Hall is attractive, but......ad nauseam.
    This is indisputable.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    in no particular order
    Billions
    Suits
    Wicked tuna
    Gold Rush Alaska
    how has this season been? used to watch it religiously, but missed the first couple of episodes and didn't want come in midseason...

parker is a fucking stud...he might fuck up but to do what he has in his teens and very early 20s is impressive...
    so im not the only person in the world who watches Gold Rush!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've watched it from season 1. we had a drinking game where when the grandpa would say they were on th egold we'd drink.

this season pretty legit. not sure if im gonna watch the parker spin off show
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Amy Schumer isn't toptop in anything related to comedy. Diceman is toptop.
    George Carlin

/thread
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Amy Schumer isn't toptop in anything related to comedy. Diceman is toptop.
    ask and thall shall receive.

I think Diceman at Dangerfields since i posted a Kinnison.

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    by the way....

you don't get shit like this anymore. you know why? because you can't make fun of racisim throguh paraody anymore. just telling a racist joke means you're a racist.

i got a joke in my act that's about terrorism and islam and 72 virgins. It's hard to even do it, because even though the joke is about making fun of terrorists, people still hang on the islam fact, and therefore it sometimes dosen't get laughs.

all i all....people are dumb. dice is one of the kings.

there is no top top in comedy. there are a few who share the top. Dice included.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

Im not prepared to make that effort, no. Her ancient Comedy Central standup shows were enjoyed by me. I wasnt rabid about them but as far as stand up comedy goes, I consider them toptopish.

And the thing people forget about writers; cultivating a team that can compliment your vibe is something very, very few comics pull off. There is nothing lazy about doing it, much less doing it right.

Here's a comprehensive list of all the scandals about rappers with ghost writers, for example:

No one gives a shit where the material comes from until they want to drag someone.
    Not sure if I agree about that, gareth sex's boy Drake was just under fire regarding ghost writers and most stand ups pride themselves on their own material. Often times asking other peers if they are stepping on toes regarding particular premises etc.

But sure generally speaking, your Amy Schumer fans probably don't give a fuck.
    Hey lew....you know that standups regularly sell material to each other? and they regularly don't give a fuck about stealing other peoples matieral......

see.....Bills Hicks vs Denis Leary (Learly stole nearly all of No Cure For Cancer from Hicks including the jim fixx joke)

Carlos Mencia vs Everyone, outed By Joe Rogan.

when standups try out new material, its on stage, while the others watch.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    its the americans man seeking woman which just ended always sunny which just ended then some combo of pbs rick bayless food shows then bronsons
    Man Seeking Woman confirmed best show on TV.

Thread Information