Amy Schumer recently did a stand-up comedy special on Netflix entitled, "The Leather Special", where she spent an hour doing standup in a skin tight leather outfit.

The special currently has a 1 star (lowest) average rating. This is at least partially due to an alt-right plan, hatched on Reddit, to give the special 1 star.

However, there do seem to be plenty of honest 1-star reviews from people who otherwise seem to be fans of Schumer.

Some of them are shown here: http://decider.com/2017/03/14/amy-sc...l-bad-reviews/

She also has a very low score from users on Metacritic, though there are only 157 ratings total, so perhaps that's also the work of trolls: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/amy-sch...eather-special

I haven't watched it. I have Netflix, but I have no interest to see it. I've never enjoyed the "vulgar female" brand of comedy, which is basically a woman saying, "Hey, look, I'm female, and I can talk about being a slut and talk about gross stuff! Isn't that hilarious?!"

Steven Crowder did a 15-minute clip where he and sidekick Not Gay Jared watch the parts of the special and pause it every time Schumer slips back into gratuitous vulgarity. You can get a pretty good idea of her act from the Crowder clip:

Schumer posted this response on Instagram to her poor Netflix ratings:

I am so proud of my special and grateful to all the people spreading love on line about it. I am the first female comic who is selling out arenas all over the world and so grateful for that. I am embarrassed for the "journalists" who report on trolls activities as if it's news. It's indicative of administration right now. Anyone who reported that "viewers aren't happy" with my special, it would have been cool if you did a moment of research before posting. The alt right organized trolls attack everything I do. Read the @splitsider article. They organize to get my ratings down. Meeting in sub Reddit rooms. They tried on my book and movies and tv show And I want to thank them. It makes me feel so powerful and dangerous and brave. It reminds me what I'm saying is effective and bring more interest to my work and their obsession with me keeps me going. I am only alarmed by the people printing their organized trolling as "news" this is what the current administration wants. So this post has nothing against the trolls. I thank you trolls so much. It fills me with hope and power to see you all furiously posting so as always accuse me of whatever lies you want. Call me a whale. Call me a thief and I will continue to rise and fight and lead. I know who I am. I am strong and beautiful and will use my voice my whole time on this earth. Journalists do better it's embarrassing. Trolls see you on the next one!
Oddly enough, she seems to be blaming Trump for her poor ratings, which is a stretch even if you want to say that the alt-right was partially responsible for this.

Has Amy Schumer jumped the shark?

There's only so long she can subsist on "I'm such a slut" and self-deprecating fat jokes before everyone -- even her fans -- get sick of her.