Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 158

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Mike Dentale vs. Cate Hall Heads Up Grudge Match Rail -- Sunday 3/19, 12pm PDT

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    2998
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    *** OFFICIAL *** Mike Dentale vs. Cate Hall Heads Up Grudge Match Rail -- Sunday 3/19, 12pm PDT



    Good article about the whole thing on Pocketfives: http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...re-off-592911/

    Time: 12:00pm PDT, March 19th (Sunday)

    Twitch Stream with Polk & Deeb commentating: http://www.twitch.tv/pokernighttv

    Twitch Stream with no commentating, only table talk: http://www.twitch.tv/pokernighttv2

    I may turn on radio during the match tomorrow and do my own commentating. If I do, and if you want to hear, obviously just watch the second stream. Not sure right now if I feel like doing this. Might just want to passively watch.

    I usually don't watch poker on TV, and I especially hate these promoted "grudge matches" (for example, the recent Kassouf vs. Matuson match) because they are often not real grudge matches, and the people playing don't actually dislike one another.

    In this one, Hall and Dentale really do hate each other, and their completely opposite-yet-outspoken personalities could make for great TV.

    It's actually kinda tough to figure out who to root for, because I personally identify with neither of them. I think that's also some of the allure here, and I think a lot of the poker community cannot identify with either.


    Reasons to root for Cate Hall: Smart and educated. Pretty (if you ignore the bony fingers and legitimately pointy elbows). Personality can be charming at times, and even has a sense of humor. Represents the "smart, white collar" type of poker player, who can be successful through study and thoughtful game theory analysis.

    Reasons NOT to root for Cate Hall: Obnoxious and sometimes hypocritical SJW and third-wave feminist. Huge attention whore. Ran basically the same "look at me" routine in college a decade ago, which she has now brought to poker. Often engages in an annoying "I'm a slut" shtick, in the vein of Amy Schumer or Chelsea Handler, yet seems to only engage in long-term, monogamous relationships.


    Reasons to root for Mike Dentale: Brash, tell-it-like-it-is personality can be refreshing in a game full of passive aggressive phonies. Seems to have made it in poker and business with street smarts, despite lacking much of a formal education. Seems like perfect antidote to the hypersensitive SJW types who have infested poker. Represents the "street smart, blue collar" type of poker player, who can be successful through instincts and feel for the game.

    Reasons NOT to root for Mike Dentale: Has the personality and looks of a roided-out meathead bully, who makes people at the poker table feel uncomfortable. Has been known to threaten physical violence on Twitter during arguments. Is pretty much the type of personality you hate having at your poker table. Sometimes comes off as simple and ignorant.


    Who are you guys rooting for?

    Who plans to watch this?

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Contributor Shizzmoney's Avatar
    Reputation
    305
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,689
    Blog Entries
    1
    I look forward to not watching a second of this
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

    "Donk down, thatís what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

  5. #5
    Looks to me like both fame seekers are winning.

    Who actually wins the match is moot but no doubt Mike's ego takes a hit if he loses.

  6. #6
    in before....

    Name:  Unknown-4.jpeg
Views: 533
Size:  6.3 KB

    Name:  images-5.jpeg
Views: 531
Size:  7.8 KB

    and card protector
    all hail Hydra



    Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

  7. #7
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -185
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    X-Mansion
    Posts
    3,813
    I'm rooting for Cate Hall to piss off Dentale so much that he loses his cool and starts making threats, and the match has to aborted because of concerns that he will get physical and try to hurt her, but in a week or so, news breaks that they secretly hooked up after the aborted match, and a sex tape of them getting freaky in that encounter is leaked onto the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I don't smoke crack at least not today

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    2998
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,774
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I'm rooting for Cate Hall to piss off Dentale so much that he loses his cool and starts making threats, and the match has to aborted because of concerns that he will get physical and try to hurt her, but in a week or so, news breaks that they secretly hooked up after the aborted match, and a sex tape of them getting freaky in that encounter is leaked onto the internet.
    I know you're not being serious here, but Dentale is unlikely to threaten Cate, because he only seems to threaten other men.

    However, if he does get pissed off enough, it's likely we will hear a lot about her being a "cunt", "whore", and various slams about her bony fingers.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dentale, because he only seems to threaten other men.
    A therapist may suggest his aggression towards men is a defense mechanism to hide his real feelings...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Reputation
    783
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,095
    lol control + f no sign of chalk

    what does this mean? where is sanlmar we need a new yorker styled take

  11. #11
    Is there any way both of them can lose?

     
    Comments
      
      Reno: lol I was thinking the same thing

  12. #12
    I believe it is possible, yes, would look something like this in their heads...

    Name:  imagesC1U67XTC.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  8.5 KB

    I imagine it ultimately looks like this for Mike...

    Name:  images4B460RS0.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  8.8 KB

  13. #13
    this match seems very important to Hall, mike should let her win so she doesn't kill herself. If she loses, at a minimum she will be having a meltdown about an eating disorder within a year

  14. #14
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1201
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,028
    Blog Entries
    20
    Just whatever the cameraman does please don't zoom in on Cate hands.
    BeerAndPoker Blog: Click HERE
    Twitter: @BeersAndPokers

  15. #15
    Forget the boney hands, I can't get over the fact that she looks like Axl Rose during the 90's, which will not be a good look for her in about 10 years. Plus she's the reason there's a "Royal Flush Crew" now instead of hot gals and she whined after winning female poker player of the year. I'll take roids/meathead guy for the win every time while she overthinks everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #16
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    -185
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    X-Mansion
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    I believe it is possible, yes, would look something like this in their heads...

    Name:  imagesC1U67XTC.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  8.5 KB

    I imagine it ultimately looks like this for Mike...

    Name:  images4B460RS0.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  8.8 KB
    Re second pic: Isn't that the dead guy whose friends arranged a poker game using his embalmed corpse to honor his love of poker?
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I don't smoke crack at least not today

  17. #17
    It is, glad you caught that otherwise the joke is wasted lol

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Deserved!

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    2998
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,774
    Blog Entries
    2
    PFA already taking over the chat room.

    It's starting at 3:30pm EDT, I guess.

    Poker Night announced it as 3pm ET, but they forgot that they have a 30 minute delay.

    Ooops.

  19. #19
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    2998
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,774
    Blog Entries
    2
    Now stream starting at 4pm "estimated".

    I bet it's because commentator Dog Puke is getting a haircut and it's running long.


  20. #20
    druff doesnt care that my girlfriend called me daddy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Dentale accused of cheating, threatens WSOP champ Joe McKeehen
    By ftpjesus in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 02:03 AM
  2. Reivew: Fighting Chance Podcast (featuring Dan O'Brien and Cate Hall)
    By Dan Druff in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 06:45 PM
  3. Official Challange to DirtyB for boxing grudge match...
    By son of lockman in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 06:49 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •