Thread: Pooh just picked up his $50k golf clubs.

Load Metric

Pooh just picked up his $50k golf clubs.

Well....I did it again guys. I haven't purchased golf clubs in around six years so I figured it was time. I've been a long time Ping player so I figured PXG would be a good fit since they stole Ping's top two engineers. Expensive as fuck though. So I went for a fitting and said fuck it. Bought them for a hair under $4k. No biggie for Just Stanley but for just Pooh it's still a lot of dough.

Name:  FullSizeRender (7).jpg
Views: 442
Size:  1.37 MB

So how does one pay for the clubs is the next logical question. I have a policy where I don't like to pay for anything with my own money. I like to sell naked puts in the stock market. I then use the premiums to pay my bills etc. Mrs. Pooh got a nice $8k Cartier watch this way back in October. It's been working for me. My profits since I began keeping track average around $12k per month. So naturally I decided to day trade in order to pay these clubs off in short order right? Well, in two weeks I managed to realize $50k in losses thanks to CLF and JNUG both tanking.

So now I have a nice set of technically $54k golf clubs. Fuck it. I'm still up bigly since Trump got elected but nobody likes to read about success stories....

Yes my finger hurt when I hit the sell button on Friday.

Comments

lewfather: whats with the instagram lowfi filter? also shout out to puma golf. didnt make pooh for much of a rickie fowler fan.

FPS_Russia: Donations are being sought for the Trumpcare tax cut freeroll.

Henry: :ballin

Load Metric
    Those shoes were free so I used them for two years. Going in the garbage because they are garbage.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Those shoes were free so I used them for two years. Going in the garbage because they are garbage.
    Nothing wrong with Puma, I see plenty of people wearing them now. My FJ Hyperflex are just about worn out, they were great but I might try something new this go around just to see. I have had a Dick's giftcard forever in my desk, I might use it this week on some new shoes.

Load Metric
    Well....I did it again guys. I haven't purchased golf clubs in around six years so I figured it was time. I've been a long time Ping player so I figured PXG would be a good fit since they stole Ping's top two engineers. Expensive as fuck though. So I went for a fitting and said fuck it. Bought them for a hair under $4k. No biggie for Just Stanley but for just Pooh it's still a lot of dough.

So how does one pay for the clubs is the next logical question. I have a policy where I don't like to pay for anything with my own money. I like to sell naked puts in the stock market. I then use the premiums to pay my bills etc. Mrs. Pooh got a nice $8k Cartier watch this way back in October. It's been working for me. My profits since I began keeping track average around $12k per month. So naturally I decided to day tradein order to pay these clubs off in short order right? Well, in two weeks I managed to realize $50k in losses thanks to CLF and JNUG both tanking.

So now I have a nice set of technically $54k golf clubs. Fuck it. I'm still up bigly since Trump got elected but nobody likes to read about success stories....

Hate to ask, but do you understand that *day* trading means you almost never hold a position overnight?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Leveged ETFs have exponential decay, they will almost always go down. There probably isn't a single 3X ETF that has had a positive 3 year return. Selling puts on a leveraged ETF is suicide, it's not possible to win long term. Sell calls.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Leveged ETFs have exponential decay, they will almost always go down. There probably isn't a single 3X ETF that has had a positive 3 year return. Selling puts on a leveraged ETF is suicide, it's not possible to win long term. Sell calls.
    Over the long haul this is obviously correct. Selling weekly puts on leveraged ETF....I'd have to disagree with you. Blindly selling them sure.

Regardless, I don't sell many puts on JNUG or any other leveraged funds anyway.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Interesting clubs, I'm guessing the dots are interchangeable tungsten inserts or something. There's like a million dif ways to customize. What about the drivers and putter? Don't hide those Spalding drivers you scored from the Kmart going out of business sale.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

So how does one pay for the clubs is the next logical question. I have a policy where I don't like to pay for anything with my own money. I like to sell naked puts in the stock market. I then use the premiums to pay my bills etc. Mrs. Pooh got a nice $8k Cartier watch this way back in October. It's been working for me. My profits since I began keeping track average around $12k per month. So naturally I decided to day tradein order to pay these clubs off in short order right? Well, in two weeks I managed to realize $50k in losses thanks to CLF and JNUG both tanking.

Hate to ask, but do you understand that *day* trading means you almost never hold a position overnight?
    Wrong... go back to driving your truck.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Interesting clubs, I'm guessing the dots are interchangeable tungsten inserts or something. There's like a million dif ways to customize. What about the drivers and putter? Don't hide those Spalding drivers you scored from the Kmart going out of business sale.
    lol, I thought they held precious gems or in this "case" mirrors. And yeah, at that price, it's the equivalent of a buying a Rolex. They will provide forgiveness but won't improve your game.

I'm sure there is more money spent on the driver and putter than the rest. Lessons are fake

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    lol, I thought they held precious gems or in this "case" mirrors. And yeah, at that price, it's the equivalent of a buying a Rolex. They will provide forgiveness but won't improve your game.

I'm sure there is more money spent on the driver and putter than the rest. Lessons are fake

Yeah, perfectly happy with my current driver and putter. I've been a scratch golfer for 25 years so it's tough to get much game improvement at my level short of practicing your ass off which I don't have the time or inclination to do. PXG driver is $700. I have a Ping G30. That thing is god. Taylor made spider putter. Wanted these irons because I could.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Someone needs to stop watching Billions
    Slava Ukraini!

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yeah, perfectly happy with my current driver and putter. I've been a scratch golfer for 25 years so it's tough to get much game improvement at my level short of practicing your ass off which I don't have the time or inclination to do. PXG driver is $700. I have a Ping G30. That thing is god. Taylor made spider putter. Wanted these irons because I could.
    fucker.....how's the hairline?

Load Metric

My hairline? Grey and receding.

Comments

big dick: welcome to the club.. no pun intended

Load Metric
    Drop by Maralogo anytime, always hiring.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

My hairline? Grey and receding.
    See, in the end it's all a wash. My lowest cap was a 6, and hair that has it's own hair. Probably would have traded at some point.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Stay away from selling naked puts the next 60 days or you might be at the pawn shop.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Stay away from selling naked puts the next 60 days or you might be at the pawn shop.
    Let's be honest here. I got my anus ripped to shreds pretty good last week. I'm laying low for a little while.

Thread Information