Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Legalize It Canada***

Load Metric

***Official Legalize It Canada***

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...certainty.html

Canada pressing forward with marijuana legalization amid U.S. uncertainty
    The Liberal government is determined to go forward with legislation this spring, according to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould.

It's coming but not with out a fight apparently, fucking old conservative curmudgeons in Ontario still trying to stop the tsunami surge LOL good luck.
    Vancouver Police have decided to not enforce the stupid laws and opted to not bother with the weed shops and instead concentrate on real police matters.
    yesterday for the first time i walked into a dispensary and bought a vaporizer xvape v-one 2.0 , 1gram CBD crumble,
    2g shatter and 1 gr wax or butter for around $300 i was never asked for card or ID, while i was in there 20min there was a minimum of 10 people walking through buying joints and buds. frankly this whole experience blew my mind a bit as I have always considered pot and such a underground life style not a go to the store for a joint.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ourt-1.4019001

Marc Emery, a Canadian known as the Prince of Pot, and his wife Jodie Emery are due to appear in a courtroom at Toronto's Old City Hall at 10 a.m. ET to face drug trafficking, conspiracy and possession charges.

The Vancouver couple were arrested on Wednesday evening at Pearson International Airport while trying to make their way to a marijuana festival in Europe.
    On Thursday, law enforcement officers in three Canadian cities raided various locations of Cannabis Culture, a chain of marijuana shops owned by the Emerys. Jack Lloyd, a lawyer, is representing the Emerys in Toronto.
    A police news release said the raids were part of Project Gator, "a Toronto Police Service project targeting marijuana dispensaries."

Cannabis activists Marc and Jodie Emery are to appear in court Friday with three others who were also charged, including the owners of the Toronto location of the Cannabis Culture shop.

Marc Emery, 59, has been charged with:

Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
    Three counts of trafficking schedule II.
    Five counts of possession for the purpose schedule II.
    Five counts of possession proceeds of crime.
    Fail-to-comply recognizance.
    Jodie Emery, 32, has been charged with:

Trafficking schedule II.
    Possession for the purpose schedule II.
    Two counts of possession proceeds of crime.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out this spring is the target for full country wide legal weed.

Comments

sonatine: peter tosh gets green

big dick: .

DirtyB: +1 for Peter Tosh
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    The big money that is behind legalizing for profit are just making sure all the non connected participants in the market are cleared out of the way first. #corruption

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: every one want's to wet there beak
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

The Liberal government is determined to go forward with legislation this spring, according to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould.

It's coming but not with out a fight apparently, fucking old conservative curmudgeons in Ontario still trying to stop the tsunami surge LOL good luck.
    Vancouver Police have decided to not enforce the stupid laws and opted to not bother with the weed shops and instead concentrate on real police matters.
    yesterday for the first time i walked into a dispensary and bought a vaporizer xvape v-one 2.0 , 1gram CBD crumble,
    2g shatter and 1 gr wax or butter for around $300 i was never asked for card or ID, while i was in there 20min there was a minimum of 10 people walking through buying joints and buds. frankly this whole experience blew my mind a bit as I have always considered pot and such a underground life style not a go to the store for a joint.

Marc Emery, a Canadian known as the Prince of Pot, and his wife Jodie Emery are due to appear in a courtroom at Toronto's Old City Hall at 10 a.m. ET to face drug trafficking, conspiracy and possession charges.

The Vancouver couple were arrested on Wednesday evening at Pearson International Airport while trying to make their way to a marijuana festival in Europe.
    On Thursday, law enforcement officers in three Canadian cities raided various locations of Cannabis Culture, a chain of marijuana shops owned by the Emerys. Jack Lloyd, a lawyer, is representing the Emerys in Toronto.
    A police news release said the raids were part of Project Gator, "a Toronto Police Service project targeting marijuana dispensaries."

Cannabis activists Marc and Jodie Emery are to appear in court Friday with three others who were also charged, including the owners of the Toronto location of the Cannabis Culture shop.

Trafficking schedule II.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out this spring is the target for full country wide legal weed.
    Had the same experience on the Island, one outlet requiring no membership. These are the happiest places on earth for legal age consumers. I still feel like I should scan the street when I exit a dispensary.
    Next up is psilocybin and MDMA outlets.

Emery spent a few of years in U.S. prison(extradited) for selling seeds to Americans by mail.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: happiest places on earth rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Trafficking schedule II.

Had the same experience on the Island, one outlet requiring no membership. These are the happiest places on earth for legal age consumers. I still feel like I should scan the street when I exit a dispensary.
    Next up is psilocybin and MDMA outlets.

Emery spent a few of years in U.S. prison(extradited) for selling seeds to Americans by mail.
    I had a thought that this arrest may be the best thing to expedite the process to legalize pot in Canada... unfortunately at the expense of this lovely couple.
    Mark Emery is a very well know activist and a huge supporter of legalization and is no stranger to Canada's and Americas legal system.
    The government arrests the most well known couple involved in the industry knowing full well they will vigorously defend them selves, all while banging drums and honking horns, guaranteed lots of media attention which Emery has never been shy of EVER. with a huge possibly unlimited (industry funded) budget, maybe 15% of the population gets behind them. suppose they WIN? or the judge throws the case out or sends the case to the supreme court? the case could also turn into major decision by the highest court to change the law permanently. the regulations will have to be rolled in afterwards (kinda like a lemans start)... amnesty for jailed offenders plus expulsion of pending cases.
    Potentially this could free up valuable court time and resources that could be otherwise used for real police and important court matters and save millions.

I read this article on the problems involved in national regulating weed and there are a lot of issues dealing with all the provinces and regulating so they get the substantial piece of the pie i am sure they will request. So some may want to stock up while the prices are what they are, seem to be reasonable and much cheeper than in WA more than 30% lower.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3302335/ma...ustin-trudeau/

Bill Blair, the Liberal’s point man on marijuana regulation, made similar statements in an interview with Bloomberg News.

“We will take as much time as it takes to do it right,” said Blair, the parliamentary secretary to Canada’s justice minister. “I’m pretty reluctant to suggest a specific time frame, frankly, because I don’t know how long this will take in each of our 10 provinces and three territories.”

In the meantime, the criminal charges laid during last year’s raids in Toronto are slowly making their way through the courts.

“The prosecutors aren’t pursuing them very vigorously,” defence lawyer Paul Lewin told Global News last October. “All the signs are that they’re not very interested in this, and that they’ve been saddled with this giant mess. It’s the same with the police.”

“We’re looking at 200 or 300 people charged…It’s an incredible load for the criminal justice system, which is already overburdened.”
    the issues the Emery's and co. are going through should be municipal bylaw matters rather than federal criminal.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 03-10-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    eh

Name:  332978_285e2666f6a763b978a54ad4ea6cc08716b229a4-1.png_970x400.png
Views: 382
Size:  27.5 KB
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    hope nobody's holding there breath, but...

Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902

The Liberal government will announce legislation next month that will legalize marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018.

CBC News has learned that the legislation will be announced during the week of April 10 and will broadly follow the recommendation of a federally appointed task force that was chaired by former liberal Justice Minister Anne McLellan.

Bill Blair, the former Toronto police chief who has been stickhandling the marijuana file for the government, briefed the Liberal caucus on the roll-out plan and the legislation during caucus meetings this weekend.

Provinces to control sales.

4 plants per household.

Raids raise questions... ya and what the fuck?

all hail Hydra

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hope nobody's holding there breath, but...

Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902

The Liberal government will announce legislation next month that will legalize marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018.

CBC News has learned that the legislation will be announced during the week of April 10 and will broadly follow the recommendation of a federally appointed task force that was chaired by former liberal Justice Minister Anne McLellan.

Bill Blair, the former Toronto police chief who has been stickhandling the marijuana file for the government, briefed the Liberal caucus on the roll-out plan and the legislation during caucus meetings this weekend.

Provinces to control sales.

4 plants per household.

Raids raise questions... ya and what the fuck?

on canada day no less, does trump get the cbc

Load Metric
    there are a few new head lines lately relating to....

A new way to bet on legal marijuana hits the TSX
    Horizons Medical Marijuana Life Sciences ETF focuses on producers and drug companies

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/hori...unch-1.4056365

A marijuana-themed exchange traded fund — touted as the world's first — launched on Wednesday morning on the Toronto Stock Exchange, giving investors a new way to bet on legal marijuana stocks.

Horizons Medical Marijuana Life Sciences ETF, managed by the Canadian branch of Horizons ETFs Management, bundles 14 stocks related to the marijuana industry and makes them available as a single security.

Loblaw is covering medical marijuana for workers. Will other employers follow?
    Food and drug giant's coverage for 45,000 employees has some limitations

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lobl...rage-1.4054864
    Joan Weir, director of health and disability policy with the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association, was surprised to see that Canadian retail giant Loblaw Companies had started covering medical marijuana for employees through their health benefit plans back on March 28.​

After taking a closer look at the limitations of Loblaw's coverage, Weir said her astonishment diminished somewhat. The company is only covering medical marijuana used to treat the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, as well as the side-effects of chemotherapy for cancer patients, and only up to $1,500 per year.

Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    its on...
    it will be interesting to see there roll out plan, i still like the lemans start version.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mari...bill-1.4069178

The Liberal government has tabled legislation to end the prohibition on pot, checking off a major promise from the 2015 campaign.

The pot plan comes with two new bills; one to regulate the recreational use, sale and cultivation of marijuana, and a second that strengthens measures to stop impaired driving.

It would allow people to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis and sets the minimum at 18 years of age, though provinces and territories can set a higher legal age.

Consumers can grow up to four plants at home or buy from a licensed retailer. Dried and fresh pot and cannabis oil will be available first, with edible products to become available later.

rip 4d

Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-14-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Justin Trudeau offers new details on future of legalized pot in Canada

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sat down with an audience at Vice headquarters in Toronto Monday night to answer questions about the future of legalized marijuana in Canada.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/justin-tru...181843280.html

this i like... I even think i predicted Large and small growers will have a place in this industry NOT just the big guys.

As Vice points out, the prime minister offered a number of details regarding the new laws, such as plans to accommodate large and small licensed marijuana producers — comparing it to the beer industry where major brewers and craft brewers compete in the same marketplace. He also confirmed there are no plans to expand the law to make other drugs, such as opioids, legal for recreational use.

"just got a ounce in the mail"
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-26-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Its starting to ramp up a little here.... move over bell peppers and make way for some KGB.

Canada's largest pot grower plans to double capacity with B.C. greenhouses

Company aims to have capacity ready for recreational pot legalization on July 1

Canopy Growth Corp. says it will develop up to three million square feet of greenhouse growing capacity in British Columbia, more than doubling Canada's biggest licensed marijuana producer's production footprint.

Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton says the greenhouses currently grow peppers and the company will spend tens of millions of dollars to transform them to grow cannabis, the majority of which will be sold domestically.
    The company will spend $20 million to develop 1.3 million square feet and hopes to have product available as soon as July 1 next year when recreational marijuana sales are set to be legalized.

Name:  DL4FeMtU8AA9jjD.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  216.3 KB

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...uses-1.4349286

all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Its starting to ramp up a little here.... move over bell peppers and make way for some KGB.
    WTF does this even mean? Is the Russian secret police coming to Canada?

Did you mean THC perhaps?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    WTF does this even mean? Is the Russian secret police coming to Canada?

Did you mean THC perhaps?
    KGB = killer Green Bud

:KGB cannabis strain is an Indica dominant hybrid created by VISC (Vancouver Island Seed Company).

Comments

Hockey Guy: Info rep.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    The Liberal government avoided a disastrous result for its marquee marijuana bill Thursday, as the bill to legalize recreational marijuana passed a key legislative stage in the Senate. It's now headed to committee for further study.

Senators voted 44 to 29 to pass the bill, largely along partisan lines, at second reading. A defeat would have killed the bill, forcing the government to start over again in the House of Commons with new legislation, all the while jeopardizing plans for full legalization by summer.

Done deal summers coming
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...vote-1.4588560

all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Done deal... Legalization imminent for canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sena...bill-1.4713222

OTTAWA - Canadians will be able to legally purchase and consume recreational marijuana by mid-September at the latest after the Senate voted Tuesday to lift almost a century-old prohibition on cannabis.
    Senators voted 52-29, with two abstentions, to pass Bill C-45, after seven months of study and debate.
    Canada is the first industrialized country to legalize cannabis nationwide.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing white westerners that weed is good for you
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Hate how they left it up to provinces to decide how they were going to implement sales etc. Only available at selected liquor stores here in NS.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: beer and weed store rep
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Hate how they left it up to provinces to decide how they were going to implement sales etc. Only available at selected liquor stores here in NS.
    pretty good podcast pretty much breaks the whole thing down.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...198700600?mt=2

Name:  170x170bb.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  4.3 KB
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Sorry for not being very well educated about Canada's legalization of cannabis.

Were there medical dispensaries before legalization? Are they legalizing concentrates and edibles as well?

Baron, I meant to ask you a while back if you were able to hit any dispensaries when you were in my knick of the woods a few months back. I have switched from flower to concentrates and it has been so much better.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: thanks bootsy

Gold
    Load Metric
    Does anyone know any long-term users of marijuana that are normal human beings? I know a dozen guys that have been smoking for 20+ years and they are all useless humans. Dumb, broke mother fuckers.

Thread Information