https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...certainty.html

Canada pressing forward with marijuana legalization amid U.S. uncertainty
The Liberal government is determined to go forward with legislation this spring, according to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould.

It's coming but not with out a fight apparently, fucking old conservative curmudgeons in Ontario still trying to stop the tsunami surge LOL good luck.
Vancouver Police have decided to not enforce the stupid laws and opted to not bother with the weed shops and instead concentrate on real police matters.
yesterday for the first time i walked into a dispensary and bought a vaporizer xvape v-one 2.0 , 1gram CBD crumble,
2g shatter and 1 gr wax or butter for around $300 i was never asked for card or ID, while i was in there 20min there was a minimum of 10 people walking through buying joints and buds. frankly this whole experience blew my mind a bit as I have always considered pot and such a underground life style not a go to the store for a joint.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ourt-1.4019001

Marc Emery, a Canadian known as the Prince of Pot, and his wife Jodie Emery are due to appear in a courtroom at Toronto's Old City Hall at 10 a.m. ET to face drug trafficking, conspiracy and possession charges.

The Vancouver couple were arrested on Wednesday evening at Pearson International Airport while trying to make their way to a marijuana festival in Europe.
On Thursday, law enforcement officers in three Canadian cities raided various locations of Cannabis Culture, a chain of marijuana shops owned by the Emerys. Jack Lloyd, a lawyer, is representing the Emerys in Toronto.
A police news release said the raids were part of Project Gator, "a Toronto Police Service project targeting marijuana dispensaries."

Cannabis activists Marc and Jodie Emery are to appear in court Friday with three others who were also charged, including the owners of the Toronto location of the Cannabis Culture shop.

Marc Emery, 59, has been charged with:

Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Three counts of trafficking schedule II.
Five counts of possession for the purpose schedule II.
Five counts of possession proceeds of crime.
Fail-to-comply recognizance.
Jodie Emery, 32, has been charged with:

Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Trafficking schedule II.
Possession for the purpose schedule II.
Two counts of possession proceeds of crime.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out this spring is the target for full country wide legal weed.