Thread: Online Poker: What is Best Platform for Tournaments?

Load Metric

Online Poker: What is Best Platform for Tournaments?

I only play Ignition and I play a fair amount of tournaments. I do alright and am certainly up overall on the site, cashing in about 20-22% of tournaments entered (not including SnGs, which would bring the avg up significantly).

One of the biggest advantages of Ignition is the user base, ability to use bitcoin, and the fact that players can't be tracked outside of individual tournaments, due to the anonymized-ish lack of usernames, etc.

Ignition has a big tournament series this month, but I was wondering what other sites people use for tournaments and why they may be better than Ignition.

Or, if there are people that play many sites, could anyone give me a ranking of the best to worst?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It depends what limits you play. NLHE only?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    It depends what limits you play. NLHE only?
    Yeah, NLHE only, I forgot to mention.

Load Metric
    38 views and not a peep. I should have never called all the March 2012 guys a bunch of cowardly cornballs who stick up for each other regardless of principle or logic.

Load Metric
    It's incredibly hard to find actual discussions about poker on this site. Strange.

Load Metric
    ACR is pretty decent. I have accounts on ACR, Ignition, BetOnline as far as active. Also have an acct on Intertops but haven't played in months there..

I also hear theres a rumor a new site might be coming about primarily accepting bitcoins that may even offer OFC as well as a lot of the more popular poker options .. Just rumblings at this point though..

Comments

GringoStar: Appreciate it. I've been considered ACR as well, just haven't seen many ppl play it. BetOnline is a little sketchy.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    ACR is pretty decent. I have accounts on ACR, Ignition, BetOnline as far as active. Also have an acct on Intertops but haven't played in months there..

I also hear theres a rumor a new site might be coming about primarily accepting bitcoins that may even offer OFC as well as a lot of the more popular poker options .. Just rumblings at this point though..
    I've been playing on Black Chip Poker and while I haven't played a lot there are a ton of tournaments. They seem fairly soft too. They have an interesting series coming up called The Cage. It's a $1000 buy in (lots of sattelites available). You start with 1000 chips which represent real money. The tournament ends after 5 hours no matter how many players are left. What ever your chip stack is gets deposited into your account as real money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I've been playing on Black Chip Poker and while I haven't played a lot there are a ton of tournaments. They seem fairly soft too. They have an interesting series coming up called The Cage. It's a $1000 buy in (lots of sattelites available). You start with 1000 chips which represent real money. The tournament ends after 5 hours no matter how many players are left. What ever your chip stack is gets deposited into your account as real money.
    Isn't that just a cash game with no rebuys?

I have actually thought about a possible tournament format where people can "cash out" their stacks at any point, based upon some kind of calculated equity. Then their chips are taken out of play, and the tournament continues as normal.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I have actually thought about a possible tournament format where people can "cash out" their stacks at any point, based upon some kind of calculated equity. Then their chips are taken out of play, and the tournament continues as normal.
    FTP used to have something along these lines, though I never played these tourneys. Say buy in was 20+2 for 2000 chips, 10 went to main tourney pot, 10 went to the cashout pot. At any time, I think, you could cash out chips at half their original value (since only half the buyin went to cashout pool) in increments of like 10% of the starting stack. You could cash out in increments of 1/10th the original chip stack.

Silver
    Load Metric

You are correct. It is basically a cash game but it is run like a MTT with levels and increasing blinds and antes.

We Turn Up the Heat by Increasing the Blinds Every Level The Cage is split into five levels (55 minutes apiece), with each getting more intense. Here’s the breakdown of how the blinds increase throughout the event: Level 1 with $5 / $10 blinds and $1 antes Level 2 with $8 / $16 blinds and $1 antes Level 3 with $10 / $20 blinds and $2 antes Level 4 with $15 / $30 blinds and $3 antes Level 5 with $25 / $50 blinds and $5 antes

Read more at: https://blackchippoker.eu/promotions/the-cage/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I played the "playpen" cage while ago.

Same thing as cage but $15 entry..

It's basically a 3 hour match with no rebuy..

Everyone plays for exactly 3 hours unless u bust..

The chips have actual $ value.

At the end of 3 hours. Whatever you have IS YOURS....

Its actual a real fun format!!!!!

Gold
    Load Metric

This is the basis for the rake free poker games all over Oregon. They're all tournaments. I don't think you can miss your blinds. (Not a big deal for NL, but a deal killer for lhe) It may be that the law expressly allows tournaments.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

This is the basis for the rake free poker games all over Oregon. They're all tournaments. I don't think you can miss your blinds. (Not a big deal for NL, but a deal killer for lhe) It may be that the law expressly allows tournaments.

Brian seriously STFU you smelly broke ass limit playing robot. You dont even play tournaments because your heroin polluted Texas trash pea brain can't comprehend the end game.

Go back to babysitting someone else's weed crop for free rent and riding your used moped in the mud you fucking white trash mega loser

Thread Information