Thread: PokerFraudAlert now 5 years old

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PokerFraudAlert now 5 years old

Should've made this post yesterday, as the site went up on March 2, 2012. I registered the domain on March 1, 2012.

I'm a few hours late, though I did mention on radio yesterday that it was the 5-year anniversary.

The name PokerFraudAlert was chosen at the last minute -- the day before the site went live. It was originally planned to be called dandruffpoker.com, as explained in this blog. I changed the name because I wanted the site to be about the community and anti-fraud efforts, rather than about me. The logo was hastily thrown together by my girlfriend, who intended it to be temporary, but I never bothered updating it.

Here was the very first post, oddly enough in The Bathroom Wall forum: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...e-posting-here

PFA has easily outlived all of the other neverwinpoker spinoff forums. By "outlived", I am referring to the forum being active, not merely accessible.

The only forum from this community to go longer was NWP itself, which lasted from May 2004 through November 2009. But we're coming up on beating that, as well.

This site never had much growth. It's a little less active now than in its first year, but not by a wide margin. It never had a big jump in activity, but also never suffered from any extended period of deadness.

The radio show began a few weeks after the site went up, and has approximately 1500 listeners per week, though most listen through the archives.

Most of the archive radio listeners do not post on or read the forum, though most of the live listeners do.

PFA has generally been a success, given my goals for it. It was never meant to replace 2+2 or make money. It was basically a combination of a continuation of the NWP community and a platform for my radio show and anti-fraud efforts in poker.

When I started PFA, Donkdown was still somewhat active (though it had declined a lot in the 6 months since I departed in September 2011), and I was not sure if there was going to be enough interest in a new forum solely run by me.

I decided I wasn't going to run a failsite. I was going to give it about 1-2 months, and if it was a ghost town, I was going to shut it down and give up. I never had to make that decision, as it instantly saw activity. At the same time, Donkdown quickly declined, and was a complete ghost town within a few months.

Some (including Micon) believed I started PFA as a "fuck you" to Donkdown, in an effort to replace it.

That honestly was not my intention. In fact, the quick demise of Donkdown was a surprise to me. I never asked anyone to leave Donkdown, and thought it was very possible that the two sites would exist simultaneously for quite some time. I just wanted a forum again, and also missed doing radio.

I will say that this site's moderate success and Donkdown's quick collapse was vindicating. During some of our fierce arguments on the phone, Micon told me that I was the reason NWP/DD failed to blow up huge. I contended that my positives very much outweighed my negatives there, and the opposite was true -- that I was a very large part of both sites doing as well as they did. He disagreed, and swore the site would become a huge success once I was gone. Well, indeed I left, and you saw what happened.

I would like to thank the active posters of this site for keeping PFA and our community alive. Without active posters, this forum would have been gone a long time ago.

I would especially like to thank those who have been extra generous with their time and money regarding PFA.

Belly Buster runs the NoFraud Online Poker room, and has also donated money to the freerolls.

simpdog has run some very generous contests for the userbase here.

cmoney has been amazingly generous with the radio freeroll, and many other things here. He's donated more money to PFA than anyone.

smiflorida has donated frequently to the freeroll.

Pooh has thrown in some large donations to the freeroll.

We have a few anonymous donors who I don't want to name, but I appreciate them, as well.

Brandon has been a great co-host for radio, and I truly enjoy the periods of time when he's an active part of the show. We really have great chemistry on the radio, and he's hilarious.

Vwls hasn't been here in awhile, but she did a great job during her time on the show in 2012 and 2013.

Daredevil was an excellent radio co-host in 2015 and early 2016, and was liked by nearly everyone.

khalwat, the current radio co-host, is also excellent, and brings a lot of really intelligent perspectives to the show, along with a great sense of humor. He's also really generous with donating to the freeroll, and was responsible for the infamous $300 offer to get Brandon to drive to a ghetto Sonic and do a live radio segment from there.

traderusky is a great guy who helped with PFA from day one. He's not only generous with his time in co-hosting radio, but he's donated to the freeroll, arranged the PFA hats, and done a bunch of other stuff behind the scenes.

If I'm leaving anyone out, I apologize, as I'm tired, and I'm doing this off the top of my head.

Here are the 10 most prolific PFA posters:

1) Dan Druff 20,077
    2) sonatine 13,520
    3) 4Dragons 10,625 (currently MIA)
    4) BeerAndPoker 8,750
    5) DRK Star 7,959 (currently MIA)
    6) limitles 6,773
    7) Brittney Griner's Clit 6,461
    8) Hockey Guy 6,154
    9) chinamaniac 6,134
    10) simpdog 5,840

90 different users have 1,000 posts or more.

There have been approximately 353,000 posts on PFA in its 5-year existence, not counting the automated bot posts.

There are almost 14,000 threads on the site.

The most active thread by far is Tyde's "Time to get on the TRUMP train", which is approaching 16,000 posts and has about 452,000 views.

There have been 223 radio shows, not counting the 14 "user" shows also produced.

Well over $10,000 has been given away in the site's CASH freerolls during radio. This site is also unique in that it awards actual cash for winning its freerolls, rather than crappy poker site money.

It would take well over a month to listen to all the radio shows, even if you spent every minute doing so and never slept.

There are only a few non-spammer users currently banned on PFA. I won't bother naming them, but I think this site has done very well in its 5 years in staying away from internal drama for the most part.

The site has never had any mods or co-owners. I have done 100% of the site's technical work, as well.

Russian hackers installed a nasty web shell backdoor to the server during a hack in early 2014, but it largely sat dormant until January 2017, when it was suddenly used to fire out lots of spam e-mail. I don't believe those Russians were interested in any data on the site, but instead attacked for spamming reasons. The backdoor has since been cleared out.

The site's low point was the Jasep scam of early 2013. However, about 1/3 of the money has been recovered, and we are still recovering it (slowly) to this day.

I have no plans to take down PFA any time soon, so it may very well be here for the 10th anniversary as well.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Let's start a green train

Tegnation22: NWP was god

YUUP: Great job

gimmick:

hongkonger: God is Todd

simpdog: Happy Cinco

Ricky: Thank you for providing us with pfa Todd! Happy bday

JSTAT: 5 years of bliss. Congrats!

NaturalBornHustler: RIP DONKDOWN REP WAS A GOOD RUN

Kuntmissioner: you're very welcome Todd

Shizzmoney: 5 yr rep

SysOp: nice job and thanks for the site and free entertainment

nunbeater: props

BCR: Time

smiflorida: FL rep..

LarryLaffer: thank you

Sanlmar: Confessing to full responsibility for PFA without the threat of regulatory action

IamGreek: Deserving of an OPA!

Daly: Well deserved green

BeerAndPoker: Good job and interesting VPIP stats

ThreeBet:

lewfather: and here's your green.

Reno:

Crowe Diddly: druff is god

big dick: thanks

Belly Buster: 10 years here we come

GaryQQQ:

thesparten: Kudos

snowtracks: Thank you Druff

HoodedN: Happy anny you deserve 1600 downloads imo

OSA: TODD IS GOD

handicapme: +1

Cupid Stunt: Serious Motherfuckin' Business!

BiffCo99: great job Druff

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: I predict a successful 10 year anniversary!

Load Metric
    simmer down toddger

Load Metric
    The stat the people want to know is how much weight did you gain in those 5 years? Is it offset by hair loss?

Comments

Pooh: druff but fair
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Silver
    Load Metric
    If you took all of bottomsets accounts and added them together I'm sure he'd be in the top 10 most posts too.

Comments

Ricky: and not one worth reading, amirite

Load Metric
    I don't post much, but read nearly everything.

Ty for pfa Todd, I enjoy your site.

Cheers!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    for everyone

Load Metric
    When is the 5th anniversary radio show/tournament?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This seems like an appropriate times to make some comments. I would like to say that over the years my association with Donkdown has been quite the journey. From the shennanigans and the degenerate gambling to the people who form this community its been a ride. Over the last couple years i feel we have seen a sort of maturity happen. And that maturity has coincided in my own life. 2008 i was living at my moms smoking weed all day and playing poker, thats it. That was my life.. period I was extremely depressed. I had no net worth, no formal education no life outside the internet, no way to change it and definitely no hot girlfriend. Surprisingly l I can say this, I have observed alot winners (at life) on this site in the last 3-4 years and how they go about their business. The generosity, the intelligence, the experience there are alot winners that are part of this "community" believe it. Druff certainly gets alot of credit for that because Druff is the captain of this ship. I have certainly learned alot and it applied to my own goals and objectives in life. I have had the best year of my life, made more money in the last 12 months than i ever thought i might have in my entire life and ive dated some of the hottest girls ive ever seen let alone dated. Life is a journey we never really get "there" as ive learned through accomplishing some huge goals in the last year. We are always faced with the next adversity. Getting to new places in life comes with a new set of problems often harder and more complex than the last set(it never gets easy, it gets harder). But to anyone out there on this site who is struggling with no hope in site with no visible way out. Pay attention learn everything you can from the people you want to be like and apply what you can to your own life and anything is possible. Thanks to Druff who i personally admire alot and learned a ton about money management, maximizing value and just generally making intelligent life moves.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff's side gig: Life coach for poker wannabes

Crowe Diddly: upside rep

SysOp:

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

SysOp: rofl wtf

Load Metric
    although my account isn't from 2012, i have been here the whole time, even though i sometimes razz druff a little about the site it's all in fun, thanks for all the free entertainment druff, here's to another 5 years.

also you should have mentioned the few that have passed away in the last 5 years from here.

Comments

Deal: Plus the FACT that MICON built the community

simpdog: RIP Doyle

Load Metric
    I'm hoping for another 10 atleast. Thanks for everything Todd.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    The only thing I miss about this site compared to when I joined a few years ago was the China and others sport radio shows.

I'm only semi interested in the personalities poker so that factors into it.

Comments

SysOp: china's show was GOD

snowtracks: Beer and Lew rep too

Diamond
    Load Metric
    FTR ive been planning a "top 20 3rd tier poker forum legends" post for a while....

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    5 years old? Those Russians are chomos.

Comments

jsearles22: Asexual and is not available

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I don't get a shout out? Okay, I see how it is.

Load Metric
    PFA is 5 years old now? Better keep sonatine away

Comments

jsearles22: Lolz

lewfather: LOL

nunbeater: damn roasted

hongkonger: wp

LarryLaffer:

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: where there's smoke...

lvpkr1009: Login just to green rep

SysOp: got em

simpdog: Nh sir

WillieMcFML: nh kiddopham

HoodedN: Straight fire

OSA: SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mintjewlips: WP NH GG
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    PFA is 5 years old now? Better keep sonatine away

poor post.

Comments

jsearles22: Polo shirts

Load Metric
    as dark as the Jasep period may be, its still fairly amazing that he's actively paying his debt back. That was the doing of this board as well. A success story in progress, if you will.

Happy Anniversary, Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I found this site just over two years ago, I believe.

It's actually a staple of mine..

I listen the majority of the time through stitcher couse of that New York bias..

I really really feel that druff has created something special..

And for the cherry on top as you guys skewer me, I really like druffs music choices at the opening..

I know I truly enjoy playing the "asshole" around here but I really tip my hat to druff..

I've even forgiven druff for being a bush "Republican"

Comments

HoodedN: Looking at your join date I've concluded that math = hard

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Congratulations, I listened to all the shows and look forward to many more years of information and entertainment you give every week.
    One thing: Limon no more than once a year. He was realy funny on Bart show years back, but now is just bitter, grampy, crying old fart.. small doses only...
    anyway - Happy Anniversary

Thread Information