Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to get on the OPRAH train

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    yeah, Oprah would win with her dog as V.P.

Load Metric
    warren would be a problem for oprah for exactly as long as it took oprah to say the words "warren isnt a problem".
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I like Oprah, but if the current trend with media etc. continues into the next election cycle while the economy continues to grow, Trump is going to get reelected by an even larger margin if he runs. There is no realistic candidate on the horizon yet to defeat him. People keep saying creepy Joe Biden, but I don't think so. I'm not going to say anything bad about her speech, but association with that crowd of high horse douchebags is doing her no favors in a political sense, -- only appealing to the same demo that lost the election for Hillary.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    I like Oprah, but if the current trend with media etc. continues into the next election cycle while the economy continues to grow, Trump is going to get reelected by an even larger margin if he runs. There is no realistic candidate on the horizon yet to defeat him. People keep saying creepy Joe Biden, but I don't think so. I'm not going to say anything bad about her speech, but association with that crowd of high horse douchebags is doing her no favors in a political sense, -- only appealing to the same demo that lost the election for Hillary.
    Did you vote for Trump? This flies against everything I see where his approval ratings are historic lows?

I really don't know about Oprah though. Didn't know she was seriously considering running until this morning's news reading. I guess she did make her own network and such and isn't just a TV talking head.

Democrats seem like they might fuck things up if they keep up with the identity politics. Oprah makes me cringe for this reason.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Someone like Gowdy would point out what a fail it was to have someone with no experience as President. I think the public would swallow that up plus she can't stop being black and female which still counts against her more than it counts for her in the good ole U S of A. Once again if the GOP does the standard move and puts Trump against her she'd beat the pants off him.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think the odds Trump runs again are < 33%.

Just wait for 3 more years of stress on him. 33% is probably on the high side. I'm sure there is a 33% he doesn't make it 4 years.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Wow really? 33 percent? So that's another reason Hillary people should stop talking shit about Trump. They need to rope-a-dope him into running again because Oprah isn't beating any real politician.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I really don't know about Oprah though. Didn't know she was seriously considering running until this morning's news reading. I guess she did make her own network and such and isn't just a TV talking head.

Democrats seem like they might fuck things up if they keep up with the identity politics. Oprah makes me cringe for this reason.

at this point the democrats need a W, not a competent, effective leader to govern.

mostly because in this weird juncture in this toddler-nation's history, the public cant be trusted to vote in its own collective best interests.

a quick list of people who would vote for oprah:

- every democrat ever
    - most indiependent / greens
    - a reallllly big portion of republican women

because a) cult of oprah and b) oprah is going to talk a lot of actual common sense because at the end of the day, she just doesnt say that much stupid shit. some, but not a lot. and unlike trump's folksy brand of carnival barker nationalism, oprah's message is going to be palatable and relevant and realistic and focused on restoring american pride and explaining why it benefits us to be part of the global community. something which literally not a single republican candidate is even capable of, much less considering.

plus, shes a black cock shaped dagger into the heart of this nations vaughns, which everyone to the left of rodrigo ruterte is absolutely ready to embrace.

the x factor here would be the democrats coming up with an actual candidate capable of winning, because believe me oprah doesnt need this shit. she wants to sleep in and not be called a n-word 24/7 by breitbart's great intellectually unwashed masses.

but given how unlikely that is, i expect she's going to take one for the team and make it happen, cap'n.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    I think the odds Trump runs again are < 33%.

Just wait for 3 more years of stress on him. 33% is probably on the high side. I'm sure there is a 33% he doesn't make it 4 years.

95% because trump doesnt back down from challenges no matter how ill equipped he is to meet them.

5% chance putin tells him to take a dive tho.

Comments

Sanlmar: Deserved rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    warren would be a problem for oprah for exactly as long as it took oprah to say the words "warren isnt a problem".
    Martha Stewart heads up with Oprah on the podium in the Democratic primary. Imagine.

Now that nuclear war is no longer something that is discussed in measured and precise terms but rather is the fodder for double entendre jokes about the size of ones button... perhaps they would debate how to make kerosene lamps from household items in a post apocalyptic world.

Bush offered Martha up as a virgin sacrifice during the Enron era. She died for Ken Lay’s sins.

Too old and a federal rap sheet.

Even FPS won’t touch this.

Remember GRINGO: THE DANGEROUS LIFE OF JOHN MCAFEE? Charming piece. I have something better

The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers

I was all geared up to see The Post with Tom Hanks and Merrill Streep. This documentary about Ellsberg was so good that The Post will seem anticlimactic in comparison.

I just happened to catch it last night. I don’t know if it’s on demand but it’s well worth searching out

So good on so many levels. Maybe the best part was how Ellsberg morphed from a straight laced policy wonk at the Rand Corporation to an activist. Ellsberg actually volunteered to tote a rifle and be the Point man for a squad of Marines in Vietnam. He wasn’t even a Marine himself.

The guy flipped sides and the catalyst was a girlfriend. As is so often the case in life.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Volunteering for something that you know will never happen, lol. Hey I volunteer to be the first person to walk on the moon w/o a space suit, book it.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-08-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Load Metric
    Oprah is not going to run, and if she did she would quit halfway through the race. She already has money and fame, and unlike Trump she does not desire the spotlight. What made Trump run is he was supremely bored with his life and the Apprentice was on fumes. Oprah does not have that drive, and she is not compelled by the issues of say "#metoo". She will burn out after a couple months. Running for President has to be brutal.

Most people who run for President do not have fame and fortune. Reagan had some fame as an actor but was near broke when he ran.

Oprah might give it a go for a few weeks, then she will realize how much work it is and quit. She will be in her late 60s in 2020 and she has no children, which means she has no real bloodlines. I see her cracking under pressure and just say fuck it and quit if she was in the race. By the way, she would be crazy to run, she has billions and could lead a glamorous life into her 70s affecting issues she would want without the saddles of running a government.

For the record, I like Oprah as she is a self made person, 100% on her own. But Oprah and campaigning would be a disaster. She would not last 20 minutes in Iowa at one of those made up lunches in some rural diner. Especially when some farmer ripped a fart in her presence, she would probably faint and rushed to the hospital with oxygen.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :noose

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Fuck that stupid out of touch fat bitch.
    You heard it here first, Nehlen 2020

Fuck Mr Roid Rage too.

Hey guys, golden rule: Don't vote for any candidate who might support treasonous 'free trade' agreements period.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-08-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Load Metric
    FPS thinks The Boys From Brazil was a love story.

Load Metric
    https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...dy-else/219000

for anyone who doesnt think oprah is going to crip walk on the right wing's dreams from bell to bell, you might want to wonder why alex jones is already trying to mobilize the brownshirts against her.

like it hasnt even been 12 hours and he's on the front lines.

Comments

Tellafriend: brownshirts - omg you are a giant and we are undeserving

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Maybe the best part was how Ellsberg morphed from a straight laced policy wonk at the Rand Corporation to an activist.

this is a sticky point for me; Rand is basically just a privatized, passive branch of the cia, in as much they strictly do intelligence modeling. for someone to say enough and take a stand for something they clearly believe in is really not surprising behavior from a Rand analyst. maybe more so at the time but you get the idea i hope.

watching regardless.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is it weird that I don't really know anything about Oprah Winfrey.

Obviously I recognize the name, but I have never seen one second of any TV show or movie she has ever been in, including her own. I don't think I could tell you a single thing about her. Not gonna lie, I Would probably vote for her over Trump if he went for reelection though.

If she does run, my only concern is that the media is going to try to use this as an opportunity to start a race war. Basically, they will interview/feature some black people who say they support her because she is black. Then they will interview/feature some white people who say they oppose her because she is black, and then they will stir the flames to manufacture the race war they have been coveting for years now. I can already see this happening.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @ ATINE ALREADY TALKING LIKE HE KNOWS HOW IT WILL ALL PLAY OUT WITH THE HELP OF HIS PAL HOSE.

Comments

sonatine: GET ON THE OPRAH TRAIN BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU LOVE A WINNER

donkdowndonedied: Napping it out in the Trump thread but headed for the Oprah thread. Well played.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Wow he really said that.
    Why should we pay insane interest to some scammers masquerading as a part of the federal govt?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Maybe the best part was how Ellsberg morphed from a straight laced policy wonk at the Rand Corporation to an activist.

this is a sticky point for me; Rand is basically just a privatized, passive branch of the cia, in as much they strictly do intelligence modeling. for someone to say enough and take a stand for something they clearly believe in is really not surprising behavior from a Rand analyst. maybe more so at the time but you get the idea i hope.

watching regardless.
    No question - almost simply an ad agency for the CIA. But smuggling and leaking Top Secret documents was Falcon and the Snowman type shit that risked a lifetime in the clink. Not to mention never finding work for the rest of your natural life. More than just a philosophical disagreement.

The relevant Nixon tapes were god.

McNamara recognizing the Viet Nam hopelessness privately but publicly toeing the line and killing hundreds of thousands if not millions was breathtaking.

The real life intrigue was just stunning and entertaining.

The Bush WMD’s is sprinkled in just to remind everyone history repeats itself.

You won’t be disappointed.

Comments

sonatine: point, point

Thread Information