Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube to offer TV package with 40 channels for $35 a month

Platinum
    Load Metric

YouTube to offer TV package with 40 channels for $35 a month

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/28/youtu...v-bundle-.html

Susan Wojcicki, chief executive officer of YouTube. YouTube unveils skinny bundle called 'YouTubeTV'
    1 Hour Ago | 02:37
    YouTube is giving viewers a way to tune in live to their favorite shows, without a cable or satellite subscription.

The company announced a live and on-demand streaming TV service called "YouTubeTV" on Tuesday. The subscription, which will cost $35 a month for a family plan of up to six accounts, is expected to launch in the next few months in the U.S. Currently there are no plans for international service.

Subscribers will have access to up to 40 networks, as well as YouTube creator content like original content from subscription service YouTube Red. Channels include all broadcast channels and cable channels like USA, FX, Freeform, ESPN, Fox Sports and NBC Sports. Users can add Showtime and soccer programming for an additional fee.

"There's no question that millennials love great TV content, but what we've seen is they don't want to watch it in the traditional setting," said YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki at a press event.

The over-the-top service will let people wach on any device. Users can also record as many programs as they want. Some content with restrictions, like NFL games, may be blocked on mobile but will be available on TV and on desktop.

People will be able to stream to their TVs using Chromecast when the service launches, with additional devices to be added in the future. In addition, Google Home and Google Cast will allow people to speak to their TVs to control their TV experience in the near future. (The voice search functions failed during the demo on Tuesday, proving more work needs to be done.)

Google and its network partners will have the ability to sell ads for an additional revenue stream.

The news comes at a time when more Americans are open to cutting the cord. A study from research firm GfK said a quarter of American homes don't subscribe to a pay TV service, with 6 percent only using the internet to watch their favorite shows on a TV using a device like Apple TV or Roku. A recent U.S Energy Information Administration survey shows 2.3 televisions were used in American homes in 2015, down from an average of 2.6 televisions per household in 2009. The number of homes with three or more TVs declined, while the number of homes without a TV grew.

Google will have competition in the space. Hulu is planning is own over-the-top service this year, with CBS, Fox and Disney -- including ESPN -- among the networks which have signed on.

Load Metric
    Feel price too expensive unless they have single user package.

Load Metric
    cable tv is dead.

Comments

Daly: This

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I really need to get up on all this cord cuttting stuff. What the fuck is chromecast? How will I get the signal to my TV if I get the YouTube package? I don't understand a lot of this new shit. $35 is very enticing. I have been trying to figure out a way to dump my now $210 a month cable bill. But Redzone/NFL Network and local baseball RSN channels not being available is holding me back. Just pisses me off how much I pay for cable/internet with literally zero premium channels except NFL Network/Redzone basically.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I really need to get up on all this cord cuttting stuff. What the fuck is chromecast? How will I get the signal to my TV if I get the YouTube package? I don't understand a lot of this new shit. $35 is very enticing. I have been trying to figure out a way to dump my now $210 a month cable bill. But Redzone/NFL Network and local baseball RSN channels not being available is holding me back. Just pisses me off how much I pay for cable/internet with literally zero premium channels except NFL Network/Redzone basically.

Funny I am in the same boat. I just told Cox to give me all the shit they have and use about 3 percent of it. In addition I have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Like you, Redzone and I order almost all the UFC fights is about all I get our of cable. I have friends that have "cut the cord" but during football season they seem to not get all the games and just seems like an overall hassle to do this with every TV in the house.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Chromecast is god /thread.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Gold
    Load Metric
    I get my cable and internet access through the same provider. I wonder what they are going to do if I cut my cable and then use 100's of gigabytes of YouTube TV streaming. I am sure they won't be too happy about that. I suspect one way or another, they are going to bend over their customers who do this.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I get my cable and internet access through the same provider. I wonder what they are going to do if I cut my cable and then use 100's of gigabytes of YouTube TV streaming. I am sure they won't be too happy about that. I suspect one way or another, they are going to bend over their customers who do this.
    They'll start with varied packages like 50 gig = $x 100 gig = $x unlimited package = $x

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

There going to have to do something.

I have you tube red. It's great for music but very little original programing..

The also rent movies on YouTube. I just figured it out. I rented Phantasm

They might just get it right if they shy away from. Censorship (political correctness)..

Say what you will about metro PC's but I regularly break the 40 gig mark and no toggling..

I find cablevision very custermer friendly too. Never had a problem with speed, price or data.

Load Metric
    IPTV has been treating me great.

I barely watch TV other than sports/ufc and it all comes in hd. I grab two subscriptions from different providers for about 100 each per year.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    lol TV. Internet 39 dollars a month, with cable 49 dollars a month... no thanks you Jews I'll just steal the 4 or 5 good shows you put out a decade from the 39 dollar internet and spend the 120 dollars extra a year on Steak N Shake

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    IPTV has been treating me great.

I barely watch TV other than sports/ufc and it all comes in hd. I grab two subscriptions from different providers for about 100 each per year.
    What IPTV providers are you using? I am currently shopping around.

I run KODI on an Amazon fire stick and it works great for movies but the free IPTV is shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's interesting because if youtube was on their own still like a few years ago Google could run them over but now that they acquired them (which I forgot about for a bit) they could branch the businesses together in certain markets where Google Fiber internet is available providing the combination of tv/internet services. I'm sure this is the long term play and it will create a more competitive market if Google Fiber can expand to a lot more markets.

The problem is if I drop my cable/internet package I would have to pay an extra $20 to $30 to just keep my internet from my cable provider because I'm not in the combo pricing anymore. It would only be a few bucks more to keep what I have and not be forced to use my bandwidth to watch regular tv and I get probably 125 or so channels including some premiums so paying a few bucks less for a whole lot less makes no sense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Funny I am in the same boat. I just told Cox to give me all the shit they have and use about 3 percent of it. In addition I have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Like you, Redzone and I order almost all the UFC fights is about all I get our of cable. I have friends that have "cut the cord" but during football season they seem to not get all the games and just seems like an overall hassle to do this with every TV in the house.
    Cox can suck my dick.
    Cox is a waste of money.
    I feel they should pay me to watch all these damn commercials.

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Ultraviolet (enter the code from DVD/BlueRay to add movie to your online collection).

I don't use any of that shit anymore.

On any android platform, you can use KODI.
    Actually, it's unauthorized 3rd party apps for KODI like Exodus, Phoenix, 123Movies.
    That covers 99.9% of all movies and T.V. shows.
    You can use Phoenix to watch any UFC fight or Boxing match pay-per-view.
    It's fairly easy to put KODI on a Amazon fire stick and watch on a Big Screen T.V.
    I think there is also a way to watch whatever you're watching on your android phone or tablet and put it on most new T.V.'s.

Load Metric
    I'm about to start my trial. Does anybody know how it works when you're out of market? For instance will I still be able to stream everything live when I'm in another city that doesn't offer YoutubeTV? What about when I'm out of the country?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I'm about to start my trial. Does anybody know how it works when you're out of market? For instance will I still be able to stream everything live when I'm in another city that doesn't offer YoutubeTV? What about when I'm out of the country?
    Get a Chicago vpn and I'd imagine that solves the Problem?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Get a Chicago vpn and I'd imagine that solves the Problem?
    At that point I might as well stream everything illegally. Idk how to VPN an ipad
    Last edited by PLOL; 04-12-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20170412-095051.png
Views: 309
Size:  268.3 KB

Load Metric
    tyty
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information