Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The overwhelming tournies are just straight entry..

But they still have to cover there legal asses with running those low tornies $250gtd for .11cents and 200 play flops..

I do 50 flops at .25/.50 a day and play in the daily $250.. No direct entries, its only for cash players for free.. It usualy has about 120 entries..

I also do the $2500gtd (weekly) for free. no direct entries for seeing 400 flops at .25/.50.. Last tourney had 211 entries.

They also have a monthly 10k for guys playing 4k in cash hands that genneraly has about 350 entries..

All those tourneys are free for cash table players. No direct entried

So basically im getting $45 a week in rake back VALUE... Ive never played in the monthly.

Luv it, luv it..

The entries for the guys rewarded for playing "play chips" im sure are FUN fof those playerss as well..

Like ive been saying for years.. As long as the rec is happy is all that matters..EVERYTHING ELSE AFTER that will fall into place..

Global is the future of poker in america..

Even if poker is legalized, global has the basis for the winning model. Its not perfect but.
    No huds.
    No seat scripters.
    No bum hunting.
    No d.o.n. or h.u.
    Limited multi tabling
    No rake back but entries into "exlusive" free tournies.

Just a fun fair game of poker which seems to piss u guys off. Lol
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-01-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    your paying rake while trying to complete the flop/hand requirement and what ever you lose would be your buyin.........so how is this a freeroll unless you win every hand your in?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Im fine with it..

Just cashed out another $300 just playing micros..

Its fair and fun...

No huds
    No rake back
    No seat scripters
    No angle shooting bum hunting multi tabling bonus whores allowed..

Just sit down and play a fair game of poker..
    Lol/ha ha..

They deserve the extra $ for providing such a fair environment..

$50 a week in free tournaments just for playing 400 flops of micro cash tables is fine by me..
    Cashed 3x in those..

A healthy site is one were there are plenty of happy fish swimming around..

U can keep all the dried up leftover sites..

Global model is still a work in progress but i have absolutely no doubt, it is the future of online poker..

They are crushing it...what little fish that are stupid enouph to play on the other l"eft over"sites are leaving them en mass.. Lol/ha ha

24 tabling with huds 20 hours a day is gone. Which is a good thing.
    Taking recs $ under the pretense of playing a fun fair game of poker is for losers..
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-02-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this global is a lol a rake generator like most shops nowadays. i yearn for the days of old pacific or party. they've changed for the worse like stars w/ their upgrades, but at one time they were legit.

this global makes me want to go back to stars it's so corrupt. and that's saying a lot.

never before have i seen so many runner, runners, or 1/2 outers on the river. it's like they play w/ 10 cards post flop, all action ones. with the main reason to induce and sabatoge the hand ahead. i mean fuckers have 1 live card and they hit the shit nonstop.

i know u get jackass's and the play money factor, but that still doesn't change the fact that the outcome is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    here's my take on global:

i have to say i'm pretty down on global and their mtt's.

i guess it's entirely possible to run bad in ridiculous fashion continuously but it just zaps the credibility for me. the run out from the turn and river is just mind boggling to the hand that's ahead. it's a constant dagger to the heart

the latest showdown beat i'm repeatedly taking is is a big A vs Ax. i realize i'm not suppose to win them all but losing them all never really entered the equation until i started playing at global. never in my 20 years playing online have i seen this before on any site.

also, this is coming along with all the other redick runner, runner suck outs or 1 or 2 outers as well lets you build up some really lol HH and short term variance that hits you in your wallet and mind.

it's really sad that almost every fucking turn and river complete something that fucks up your hand. this place really makes your head spin. you try and erase it and wipe the slate clean the following day but it picks up where it left off. it's like henry hill saying "fuck you pay me" and you're the one that ultimately loses. not just your $$$ but your psyche but your time. it's sucks and is hard to swallow especially being an accomplished long term winning player.

couple things i've noticed:

they're plenty of lousy players here. obv when you get a multi way pot w/ jackasses holding almost anything strange shit happens. but it still doesn't change the outcome of you getting gunned down more than you should. it's just show the software in action. it's shows the post flop rng in it's true glory. and it's some sight to behold.

all mtt's are turbo. or super turbo. not one mtt w/ 15min levels. let alone 30

2 suits means call any raise preflop in any position..

2 suits on flop means go the distance regardless of it being 72s
    2 overs means call any raise preflop

Ax means call any raise preflop
    any gutshot draw means call most post flop raises
    hitting 2nd/3rd pair on flop means they will call postflop raises.
    betting 2/3 bb on your raise preflop most times you will get half the table to call.

early on in this mtt's you really have to dumb your game down to acquire chips.

i'm sure it can be beaten if u put in the time, but i lol every time i spark it up

Comments

thesparten: What's your screen name
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I remember what was told too me consistently by all the HUD using , seat scripting, angle shooting, bum hunting rake back nits on 2+2..

they all told me just too play better poker..

Without there huds and seat scripters and rake back..THEY SUCK AND ARE BEATABLE by playing poker. Not numbers..

my advice too you..JUST PLAY BETTER POKER.. LOL

Global is killing it.. sucking all the recs and real poker players from those Krusty , old dried up sites.

P.s.

I single table all day..I think I have only deposited about $100 in total and have cash out almost 2k in a couple months..

Global rocks.

You keep on playing the h.u.d. and hope for rake back..

I'll keep on playing the player..

3 years on A.c.r. I cashed out 3x for a minimum amount just to see if the button still worked..

Those sites that advocate grinders making money under the pretense of a fair game of poker are over!!
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-09-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Global claims that having an RNG certificate makes there games legitimate, however they ONLY have certified their RNG algorithm - there is nothing to verify that the RNG that they have certified is implemented into their games.

Play at your own risk - sounds to me like once they implement that RNG unto their games then their "Sweepstakes Model" goes out the window.
    So why do you think makes this "Sweepstakes Model" supposedly legal?

My best guess (first mentioned by a 22 user) is that their software is not actually shuffling a deck of cards:
    Instead they have created a very large sample of scenarios included all hole cards, and all community cards. The RNG then selects one of these scenarios and they hand plays out accordingly.

How would this be legal? (Again, this is assumption since they are so secretive about how their games actually work)
    But if each of these scenarios can be classified as an individual sweepstakes then Global Poker can assert that they are simply providing users with a randomly generated sweepstakes for each hand played.

Thoughts?

BTW - I requested a copy of their RNG certificate and they told me that they do not display and I needed to contact iTech Labs, who certified them.
    My email exchange with iTech is included below. I sent them a few follow up questions and they did not respond.

Links from attachment:
    https://www.partypoker.com/itech.html
    http://www.itechlabs.com.au/certific...a_15022017.pdf
    http://www.itechlabsglobal.com/sideb...o-certificate/
    http://www.mga.org.mt/

Name:  imageedit__7055031202.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  144.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Your probably that same guy that been posting that on 2+2...

It's Soo funny..

There are people making lots of $ on global and cashing out and receiving the $ the next day...

Just go play on a.c.r. ...

There more legit.......

It's Soo wierd a couple of people consistently complaining about global..

I think some of them are probably dupes from other sites and the others are just b.f. left overs that are starting to miss hoodwinking rec,s and noobs making money under the pretense of playing a fair game of poker..

It's a shame the industry is leaving those "pros" in the dust..

Well,
    I guess they will always have a.c.r. and wait for there rake back checks..

While there 24 tabling , I'm playing a couple of hours at .25/.50 .. make a couple of bucks ,then go out and get laid and have a life then play AND cash in the free tournaments provided for me as "rake back"

Fun and fair poker..

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-09-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm not the same person posting on 2+2.

If you want to play on the site than play, but I think people should know how the site is actually running so that users can be aware and monitor for people who are potentially taking advantage of it. Even the most established sites have proven that they cannot adequately monitor for cheating without the help of users.

And if you are wondering how someone can take advantage of that type of implementation of an RNG - it is pretty simple....

There are a finite number of "sweepstakes scenarios" that they can create.
    If someone models all of these scenarios, as they get more information about the hand they can immediately start searching for matching scenarios through the entire set.
    • You immediately know your hole cards (2 or 4)
    • If you have several partners at your table you also know their cards.
    • You can eliminate some hands from your opponents based on their preflop action (ie folders dont have monster hands)
    • As community cards are dealt you can fill in those unknowns as well

You wind up with either a single scenario or a very small subset of these. With this you can find yourself in situations where there are only 4 possible sweepstakes that you could be in - you can see that you will win in 3 of the 4.
    Regardless of what a normal user may *think that their true equity is in the hand based on a truly random shuffle, the "smarter player" who has knowledge of the sweepstakes model will know that the ACTUAL equity in the hand is .75

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just too be honest..

I have had a couple of deja Vu moments with hole cards and flops..
    It can't predict who will raise, fold ECT ECT

I'm willing to accept it, better then playing on a site with nothing but huds, grinders, seat scripters ect ect..

There's no way to play on those sites unless u devote your life too it...fuck that.

I'm having fun and making a couple of bucks playing "competent" poker..

AT THE END OF THE DAY.. that's all that matters.. I think that's were online poker lost it besides b.f..

They catered too much to the grinder and subsidized there style of play..
    They, in a matter of fact way, lined up recs for the grinders too shoot down. I don't call that poker either.

And global really is killing it..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If you are winning, keep playing and crushing it, I'm all for a site that caters to an actual poker game and not just data mining.

I'm just making my concerns known.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Most posters on 2+2 are loving it, never mind most recs don't even know what 2+2 is...

Even grinders are getting disgusted with the A.c.r
    "Style" of play...

In my heart. , I do believe the shuffle could be micro incrementally off in order to keep it legal (?).

But ask yourself, if your a daily competent rec player with a life.. which system is more (fair)..

I'd prefer to play were the shuffle is off by .0001 then the above..

I'd really prefer a site with a perfect shuffle and no huds ect ect ECT..

ACR is a bunch of chess masters waiting to pounce on checker players and they call themselves online pro,s. I
    As if that's not enough, they demand structure,s that support there nit style and a whole bunch of support of 3rd party software with the sites blessing..

That's a bigger scam then global..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I've never tried ACR, I heard all of the same complaints that you made and I'm not interested in that.
    We are on the same page when it comes to catering to rec players vs pro grinders.

I'm a software guy by profession so this RNG stuff interests me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm just a deplorable and irrademable tax giver that doesn't count and still miss my commodore 64 and old school indestructible Nokia.

And yes. Time to time , I get deja Vu on global.

Just a poker fan and have no expectations of earning a living at it but do incrementally get better.

As far as my choices..

A.c.r./ b.o.l./ grand poker/ .... Global is the "fairest "choice. Everyone just upset they can't make free money by ambushing players under the pretense of playing poker any more..

At least we agree on a certain morality of the game..

Comments

SlowRoll: Make poker great again rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    sweepstakes model...lol that's the funniest thing i've ever heard.

it's just action rng.

many people complain is because they see all the bs because so many play in the gold coin events where its a ffa. it translates the same way in cash but not so much because there's a lil more at stake.

i've made 3 final tables 3 days in a row in the daily 250 . i even took 1st in one of them..each tourney had over 200 people

don't get me wrong..sites still skechy..but it's beatable

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    sweepstakes model...lol that's the funniest thing i've ever heard.

it's just action rng.

many people complain is because they see all the bs because so many play in the gold coin events where its a ffa. it translates the same way in cash but not so much because there's a lil more at stake.

i've made 3 final tables 3 days in a row in the daily 250 . i even took 1st in one of them..each tourney had over 200 people

don't get me wrong..sites still skechy..but it's beatable
    ALL online poker is off in one way or another.

I consider a reg/nit infested seat scripting and huds using and house player infested more crooked..

I'm up 2k..

It is poker and it is fun and there are killing it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    global's rng tightens the screws on everybody. never in my 20 years have i seen such a deplorable poker site. that doesn't mean you can't win, but beating the (rig) for lack of a better word is much harder than beating the player.

it's a continual ass fucking by the devil at this place. every time i make a deep run each excruciating beat is worse than the next. it doesn't fucking help that every god damn game is a turbo and when you get down to the final 2 tables everyone is almost in push/fold mode.

again,..i'm winning here, but it's rng is lol rigged for rake and quick games......it's.shameful excuse for a poker site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    global's rng tightens the screws on everybody. never in my 20 years have i seen such a deplorable poker site. that doesn't mean you can't win, but beating the (rig) for lack of a better word is much harder than beating the player.

it's a continual ass fucking by the devil at this place. every time i make a deep run each excruciating beat is worse than the next. it doesn't fucking help that every god damn game is a turbo and when you get down to the final 2 tables everyone is almost in push/fold mode.

again,..i'm winning here, but it's rng is lol rigged for rake and quick games......it's.shameful excuse for a poker site
    ITS SO FUNNY SO MANY PEOPLE WINNING CASHING OUT AND COMPLAINING! LOL

It's worth the Xtra rake.. just keep the recs coming and all falls into place..

I'm up almost 3k..

I think I deposited $50 months ago.

A.c.r. and all that old school model of setting up recs to be shot down or multitabling just to get a rake back check are over...

Always (almost) lost on a.c.r. and that site is absolutely rigged against the rec. Unless you are devoting your life to poker or are willing to just bum hunt and angle shooting and seat scripting..you have no business there..

Most but not all have a real turbo feel. It sucks sometimes.. but why can't there just be a site were 2 people can just play an honest game of poker and not being bushwacked by 3rd party huds and programs.. global is it and it's worth paying a couple of bucks more to support that truly fair and honest environment.

I'm sorry it's too expensive for you to play there try Walmart and leave targ'et alone.
    Last edited by thesparten; 08-22-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Perhaps they have to charge the xtra rake to make up for lost income by not allowing all the lowlifes to 24 table all day..

It's worth it.

Load Metric
    Just thought I would share my Global Poker experience here...was waiting until I had my first cashout processed before posting.

If you go back and read my first post in this thread I was definitely very skeptical of the site from the beginning. I didn't think the terms and conditions were worded clearly enough. And then there were the concerns that others brought up about the possibility that Global would get busted soon and would just take everyone's money and run.

So of course I wasn't going to deposit anything onto this unknown poker site. But I was willing to risk a few stamps and envelopes, so I mailed in a couple months' worth of envelopes requesting my free Sweeps Cash. From the end of June until now I have received a total of $54 free from Global just by sending in the envelopes (nine $6 credits). For the first month and a half I played very little and only at the micro-stakes when I did. My balance went up to about $80. Recently I've had more time to play, I played some slightly higher stakes, and I ran it up to about $195. Then after a bad beat at Omaha and some poor play on my end cost me $60 of that, I figured I should try a cashout just to make sure I came out ahead on this whole experiment. Plus, if I couldn't even cash out $100 then how was I ever going to cash out anything more than that in the future?

Last night I requested my $100 cashout and they emailed back requesting two forms of ID. A few hours later I sent those in, and just a few hours after that the $100 was in my PayPal account.

So overall the experience has been a positive one. And every time I have ever emailed customer service or dealt with them in any way I have always received a prompt, courteous response that was worded in proper English...you don't get the idea that you are dealing with third-world customer service reps who can barely speak English, as you often do with other companies (online poker and otherwise).

There is one thing that I remain skeptical about...that is the RNG issue that was discussed in this thread and on the show. Like I said, I've only played on there a couple months, and I have seen some very strange things. Of course in poker you expect to see some strange things, but when they happen over and over again you start to wonder.

The first thing that I thought was weird (although not RNG-related) was when I first started I would play in the gold coin games to qualify for the daily freeroll (which is now the daily $250 - $0.11 buy-in with tons of overlay). Very often - not just on occasion - my opponents would just fold when they had the option to check, even heads up, and even in situations where they had actually checked the flop and turn, and could still just check the river. I didn't know what to think of this...maybe they were just trying to get their Gold Coin hands in as quickly as possible, or maybe people were playing with bots and this was some sort of bug in the bot. I still am confused as to why this happened so much.

The second thing that still bugs me is that of all the daily freerolls I entered, and of all the $250 daily guarantees with the $0.11 buy-ins, I think I have only min-cashed in one for like a total of $3. I have probably played in 20 or more of these, and consistently, almost every time I get knocked out it involves someone with a worse hand sucking out on me one way or another. It has really gotten laughable...I wish I would have kept a log of all of these. I know this could be a sample size issue, but I know I am not that bad of a player...could I have just been really unlucky these 19 times...maybe....?

In the cash games I have played, I've felt like things have been pretty fair and pretty normal for the most part. Usually the games that I have been in have been pretty tight, but once in a while someone will come in and start giving away money. So I do think the higher rake is beatable. But I do worry that if someone found a way to exploit the RNG thing, then who's to say that four or five people at your table might not also be exploiting it? That worry would keep me from depositing and would probably keep me from playing the bigger stakes on the site if I did run my account up to more than a few hundred dollars.

Thread Information