Thread: Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

https://www.globalpoker.com/

Seems like a feeble attempt to evade the current poker restrictions and likely fail, but who knows?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw this advertised on 2+2.

I don't fully understand their currency system ("Sweeps Cash" and "Gold Coins"), but I can't see how this is legal.

While they do give you $2 Sweeps Cash and 10,000 Gold Coins free for signing up, they also sell gold coins.

So the bottom line is you are purchasing something for real money, gambling with it, and then can cash out the winnings to PayPal.

Sounds like gambling to me!

Comments

JohnCommode: Trying to understand their currency system is definitely popsicle headache stuff

Load Metric
    The domain apparently has been registered since 1997 which is odd to say the least. I agree it's slated to be fail but more concerning is how it could affect hypothetically who happens to have registered and owns the domains globalpokerclub.com .net and globalpoker.club. Yeah this could be potentially an issue.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I saw this advertised on 2+2.

I don't fully understand their currency system ("Sweeps Cash" and "Gold Coins"), but I can't see how this is legal.

While they do give you $2 Sweeps Cash and 10,000 Gold Coins free for signing up, they also sell gold coins.

So the bottom line is you are purchasing something for real money, gambling with it, and then can cash out the winnings to PayPal.

Sounds like gambling to me!
    As you said, seems like gambling even with this "review".

http://www.winmoney101.com/global-poker.html

PayPal will not be pleased when they figure this thing out.

Load Metric
    Global poker right now has 16 ring games going. They are actually raking the games up to 3 dollars per pot maximum . Games are mostly up to .25 .50 with texas holdem and omaha no other mixed games. Have seen 1 2 dollar plo running. You buy gold coins. Lets say you spend 60 dollars on 5million gold coins. The 60 dollars are reflected as sweeps cash which you play in ring games with that you can cashout. If you buy 200 worth of gold you have 200 for cash games that you can use and so on.

Goldcoins are worthless though you can play 100 dollar goldcoin freeroll if you see 50 flops in goldcoin games. They are doing a lot of advertising. They offer tournaments also. They bought chubia or some shit like that software that is being used for nitrogen sports poker. They had a 10k superbowl freeroll about 250 players saw 300 raked hands to qualify, Raked hands must have been at .5 .10 level. 500 raked hands for the week gets you into 1500 freeroll . 100 flops gets you into daily 500 freeroll. They seem to have descent support.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 03-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Load Metric
    I heard about this on the radio show Wednesday so I thought I would give it a closer look today. I figured I would take whatever I could get for free, turn it into whatever I could, and never open my wallet to them, no matter what.

I signed up and got my free $2 $weeps Cash and got my free 10,000 gold coins. Although everything on the site might make you think that the $2 $weeps Cash is equivalent to $2 USD, it is actually only equivalent to $0.02 USD. I think this is a large part of "the catch" with this site. When you are playing their cash games, you are either playing for gold coins (which is essentially worthless other than to qualify for the daily $100 $weeps Cash freeroll...in other words, the daily $1 USD freeroll) or you are playing $weeps Cash games...so what looks like a $0.25/0.50 USD NL game is actually only a $0.0025/$0.0050 USD game.

You can't directly buy $weeps Cash - this is probably one of the ways they try to get around any legal issues - you can get it when you buy gold coins or get it for free by mailing in an envelope -they will give you $600 $weeps Cash ($6 USD) at a time, released $1 USD each day for six days...so basically you could send in 5 envelopes per month and get $1 USD per day for the 30 days...Druff mentioned this on the show Wednesday. But the catch that was not mentioned is that according to their terms, this $weeps Cash has a 20x rollover requirement before it can be cashed out, it expires in 60 days, and there is a minimum cashout of $10,000 $weeps Cash ($100 USD). So best case scenario - you get your free $60 (minus the approx. $5 worth of stamps), you run it up to $100 playing some incredibly low limit cash games or tournaments before it expires, and you cash out the $100 once you hit the $10,000 $weeps Cash threshold. I think it could be done, in theory - but it is a lot of work and a lot of poker to put in for two months just to get $100...especially since the site probably has never yet paid anyone out, and we don't know what additional verification requirements they might have when someone requests a cashout.

To me it seems like a fun way to play free poker, and they will probably get some suckers to buy those gold coin packages so they will make some money that way, but if enough people realize how impossible it is going to be to run that free $2 $weeps Cash up to $10,000 $weeps Cash, it will fail as expected.

Load Metric
    the above is wrong. Sweeps cash is real cash and the .25 .50 is a 50 max buy in. the 1 2 plo are actually 1 2 that have max of 200 buyin. If you buy 150 worth of goldcoins the 150 is the sweeps cash or real money that you can run up and cashout if you win.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I'd love to leave acr but not everyone can/wants to use PayPal as a sole banking option. If they offered bitcoin i would insta switch.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Sleeper Site...Lmao everyone that joins wins money at first...enjoy the ride

Bronze
    Load Metric
    While we are on this subject of a GREAT Site............Lets look at a few things
    1st this Poker god he/she that started playing 0.05/0.1 and ended in hands shown here.

https://play.globalpoker.com/poker-c...b0debd47198842

This was last may I joined around last oct this fool came in a couple months later. He played most hands calling to the river and played anything. Watch the speed and calls and his position.
    Ive seen this person push n shove to the river with hands like 5c 7h 8c 3d Just to give you a idea......And win like magic than give a speech to the other players like god. 1 more factor, Some of these players can not even WITHDRAW being in other countries......Yes there giving 2 bucks to anyone anywhere...What a Bonus, your playing real money against non residents. He went on a Rush for a few months and now Vanished. But just recent a New Poker god has arrived same style same chat but a new name ..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Here is the new Socalled poker God giving the other player $750-$1500 to open other tables and play he/she. The other person opened another 2 tables and BeHumble dumped the money in the first hand as the pay off.
    I watched for two hours Humble even tryed to bait another player to open tables for a price. The deal was $750 a table and they had to play for atleast 60 mins per table. Myself I witnessed a player Dumping the payment n than folded first hand on each new table.

Name:  fhf.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  119.5 KB Name:  fhfgjgjg.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  101.9 KB Name:  fhfgjgjghhh.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  97.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nolawojy View Post
    I'd love to leave acr but not everyone can/wants to use PayPal as a sole banking option. If they offered bitcoin i would insta switch.

I know what u mean..

Acr is horrible..

The paypal withdrawal is great couse u get it overnight but it is paypal and if your winning consistantly. paypal does make u nervous..
    In a way helps keep pro nits off. which is always good.

As regards to the above posts... They are experiencing growing pains. The site is taking off big time as far as traffic is concearned.

There is always some lowlife bumhunting nit grinder trying to exploit tve system.

As far as chip dumping..that was actually addressed on 2+2 by c.s...

Load Metric
    As the immortal Mr Wolff of pulp fiction said: Gentlemen lets not go sucking each others cocks quite yet. By that I mean its a great site with 100 unique tables going at peak traffic. Pl omaha up to 10 20 limit poker. Seen these stakes running often. I played on the seals site when It was a viable site until Micon got smacked in his undies. I also played on Minted poker another good site that had Western Union running for a good while but got locked down. Minted wasn't as well trafficked as seals was and they still got shut down with a lot of players unable to get cashed out. Those that did had to go to canada and open a checking account to get paid. I really like that no 16 plus tabling at once and now huds work with the site also. Site is unbelievably juicy right now though becoming a tad reg inftested. Enjoy Global while it lasts but don't get stuck with a lot of money.

Its fun now with paypal as the only funding option but don't get caught with a lot of cash on this site, I doubt sparten will make that mistake. Hopefully Global gets on board with bitcoin. Druff should really work on his Omaha game its a goldmine with anyone with that type of a bankroll for 10 20 plo .

Comments

thesparten: Absolutely agree and yea the play defiantly tighting up..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My point is..... Do not play global poker thinking your going to out play the rest of the Field. Your up against a very un random card system for 1. Your quads will be smashed you will see str8 flush destroyed by the royal and str8s n fhouses pounded by higher.This happens everyday and every tourney or ring table you play. Its like prerecorded hands over and over. You cant compare this shuffle to other sites.

Im not saying you shouldnt play at global Im saying be patient and be aware there are bots,Prop Players/House players and multi accounts up the ass there.. And Frank Dont take this personal but I read so much about Global being Juicey and Soft and Easy money my opinion is thats Bs. Dont let it bite you in the ass as I stated some of those socalled fish have $1000s in there account and cant even withdraw there money so they will play anything and call anything and chances are your on the Rail.

As for spartan calling people nits just because We are giving and showing examples of shady play at global...I feel bad for you. Enjoy the $20 withdraws. Im not down a cent and have been playing global over 10 months Everyday. Enjoy, but be Patient and cautious its not a pokersite

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I kinda agree with you but im not calling people who are critisizing global as nits. Just those sest scripting , hud using, bum hunting, rake back beggars

If you follow the 2+2 thread on global they have mentioned new systems comming into place for all the scammers and that they hired additional staff to handle it.
    They are growing fast..

They got cought off gaurd with all the regs comming in to abuse the system(my thoughts).

All sites are shady..but once again if you follow the threads, global is rocking and growing and payong as well as being FUN to play..

Yes i am a micro player and i do very much enjoy my free overnight withdrawal,s especially when there done quite frequently..

None the less it is making poker fun again and feels more honest then acr.. I think most who play as well as most regs who post on 2+2 would agree..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealNoNameYet View Post
    My point is..... Do not play global poker thinking your going to out play the rest of the Field. Your up against a very un random card system for 1. Your quads will be smashed you will see str8 flush destroyed by the royal and str8s n fhouses pounded by higher.This happens everyday and every tourney or ring table you play. Its like prerecorded hands over and over. You cant compare this shuffle to other sites.

Im not saying you shouldnt play at global Im saying be patient and be aware there are bots,Prop Players/House players and multi accounts up the ass there.. And Frank Dont take this personal but I read so much about Global being Juicey and Soft and Easy money my opinion is thats Bs. Dont let it bite you in the ass as I stated some of those socalled fish have $1000s in there account and cant even withdraw there money so they will play anything and call anything and chances are your on the Rail.

As for spartan calling people nits just because We are giving and showing examples of shady play at global...I feel bad for you. Enjoy the $20 withdraws. Im not down a cent and have been playing global over 10 months Everyday. Enjoy, but be Patient and cautious its not a pokersite
    No offense taken. I did rail the 10 20 plo but im a regular at .25 .50 up to 1 2 plo. I meant to say there are no huds that currently work. Ive seen tons of players multi accounting and setting up new accounts for the lol 2 dollars in free money which is beyond retarded. I really haven't seen any bots or house players at my stakes either. The games are beatable still. I have lost a couple of hands while holding yes quads and nut flushes to the ace vs runner runner straight flush but thats omaha for ya.

Thread Information