Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mdj1980 View Post
    Just thought I would share my Global Poker experience here...was waiting until I had my first cashout processed before posting.

If you go back and read my first post in this thread I was definitely very skeptical of the site from the beginning. I didn't think the terms and conditions were worded clearly enough. And then there were the concerns that others brought up about the possibility that Global would get busted soon and would just take everyone's money and run.

So of course I wasn't going to deposit anything onto this unknown poker site. But I was willing to risk a few stamps and envelopes, so I mailed in a couple months' worth of envelopes requesting my free Sweeps Cash. From the end of June until now I have received a total of $54 free from Global just by sending in the envelopes (nine $6 credits). For the first month and a half I played very little and only at the micro-stakes when I did. My balance went up to about $80. Recently I've had more time to play, I played some slightly higher stakes, and I ran it up to about $195. Then after a bad beat at Omaha and some poor play on my end cost me $60 of that, I figured I should try a cashout just to make sure I came out ahead on this whole experiment. Plus, if I couldn't even cash out $100 then how was I ever going to cash out anything more than that in the future?

Last night I requested my $100 cashout and they emailed back requesting two forms of ID. A few hours later I sent those in, and just a few hours after that the $100 was in my PayPal account.

So overall the experience has been a positive one. And every time I have ever emailed customer service or dealt with them in any way I have always received a prompt, courteous response that was worded in proper English...you don't get the idea that you are dealing with third-world customer service reps who can barely speak English, as you often do with other companies (online poker and otherwise).

There is one thing that I remain skeptical about...that is the RNG issue that was discussed in this thread and on the show. Like I said, I've only played on there a couple months, and I have seen some very strange things. Of course in poker you expect to see some strange things, but when they happen over and over again you start to wonder.

The first thing that I thought was weird (although not RNG-related) was when I first started I would play in the gold coin games to qualify for the daily freeroll (which is now the daily $250 - $0.11 buy-in with tons of overlay). Very often - not just on occasion - my opponents would just fold when they had the option to check, even heads up, and even in situations where they had actually checked the flop and turn, and could still just check the river. I didn't know what to think of this...maybe they were just trying to get their Gold Coin hands in as quickly as possible, or maybe people were playing with bots and this was some sort of bug in the bot. I still am confused as to why this happened so much.

The second thing that still bugs me is that of all the daily freerolls I entered, and of all the $250 daily guarantees with the $0.11 buy-ins, I think I have only min-cashed in one for like a total of $3. I have probably played in 20 or more of these, and consistently, almost every time I get knocked out it involves someone with a worse hand sucking out on me one way or another. It has really gotten laughable...I wish I would have kept a log of all of these. I know this could be a sample size issue, but I know I am not that bad of a player...could I have just been really unlucky these 19 times...maybe....?

In the cash games I have played, I've felt like things have been pretty fair and pretty normal for the most part. Usually the games that I have been in have been pretty tight, but once in a while someone will come in and start giving away money. So I do think the higher rake is beatable. But I do worry that if someone found a way to exploit the RNG thing, then who's to say that four or five people at your table might not also be exploiting it? That worry would keep me from depositing and would probably keep me from playing the bigger stakes on the site if I did run my account up to more than a few hundred dollars.
    I actually agree with most said..

But in a way u contradict yourself.. they paid the sweeps for you and let u cash out.

That's as honest as your ever going to get

The payouts are great. Almost instint..

I'm up a couple of k..

Cashed maybe 3x for $100 each on a.c.r. in 3 years. Just to see if the button still worked.

The tourney thing is funny..I could cash on tournaments at a.c.r. and never win on micro ring games..

But on global, I'm actually quite frequently bubbling tournaments but am definitely way up at cash games in higher stakes then I would have played in a.c.r..

Who cares.. there c.s. is very attentive and the payouts are great..

I'll deal with an r.n.g. that is .001 off and the higher rake..

They pay, they like there customers and keep the games fun.

In a subjective way. I think it's less corrupt and more honest then a.c.r..
    Last edited by thesparten; 09-01-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

huh?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRoll View Post

huh?
    Just using very loose fluffery term..

Competent players are winning,, playing competent poker. so who cares if the rng is a little/micro funny..

If that what it takes to keep it legal and a player safe environment from bum hunting, angle shooting, seat scripting , multitabling grinders off.

I actually think that's a "more honest" form of poker in a complex way..

If they can do all of the above and keep it legal with and absolute rng would be great..

Until then, this is the better option for a daily rec player to use from new York.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just cashed out ANOTHER $350 today playing micro.. I think I've done $2200 this month(profit)

Don't even remember when I last deposited..

If I can make at least the "medium" annual income doing this online poker thing, does that make me an online poker pro now??

Seriously...

Of course I'll never make millions like u guys couse I don't bum hunt or use huds or seat scripting or just play for rake back..

I just "straight up" out play mother fuckers in a fair game of poker.
    Last edited by thesparten; 09-23-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just thought i would piss u guys off. The pre b.f. leftovers still playing those arcain sites with no c.s. while u guys complain about payout processors and cant make a buck without r.b. or bushwhacking recs with huds and seat scripters under the pretense of a fair game of poker..

I cashed out $850 at around 9.30pm yesterday and it was in my account at 12.10pm today. Probably sooner. No cash out fees..lol diks..

I ran it up from the $20 bucks i leave in my account every time i cash out..DIKS..

P.s..
    I dont ever bum hunt "table selection" either.. Diksx3
    Last edited by thesparten; 12-08-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Load Metric
    Just thought i would piss u guys off. The pre b.f. leftovers still playing those arcain sites with no c.s. while u guys complain about payout processors and cant make a buck without r.b. or bushwhacking recs with huds and seat scripters under the pretense of a fair game of poker..

I cashed out $850 at around 9.30pm yesterday and it was in my account at 12.10pm today. Probably sooner. No cash out fees..lol diks..

I ran it up from the $20 bucks i leave in my account every time i cash out..DIKS..

P.s..
    but how much did u lose

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post

P.s..
    but how much did u lose
    Dude...

No bullshit...

I only deposit $20 at a time(day) and my biggest lossing streak is 2 days..

Ive have withdrawn in excess of 10k wich i will have to claim as sweepstakes winnings which im sure will cost me in excess of 3k..

I grind at the micro tables and then grind at the mtt with other peoples $...

Yesterday afternoon i sat at the tables with 20$ turned it to 55$ then played the $5 entry $400 gtd deepstack which hit a prize pool of $720 and got 3rd place for $85..THATS AN AVERGE DAY FOR ME ON GLOBAL.

I only play one table at a time..while listening t a podcaste and smoking kush while eating chinese takeout... Other wise it loses its entertainment value (fun) for me.

P.S.

unlike those OLD sites that always cancell tournies with overlays.. Ive played with a 4k overlay on global.. There good to there word..a gtd is a gtd..

Of course a consistant 3 or 4 houndred a week in profit isnt enouph for u pre b.f. leftovers but il take it AND i have a life instead of grinding 24 tables 23 hours a day 7 days a week. I mono table 5 hours or less a day..

Fuck rake back and deposit bonuses. Il take the overlays..
    Last edited by thesparten; 12-09-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Today i only played an hour and a hallf with my coffee and made $30 profit...

I think the rake is 5% with no cap or rake back. Thats great keeps the riff raff away.

That's ok il be playing the 5k tmw for free and im almost entittled to a limited edition avatar..

Hey. Whatever it takes not to have to play with 24 tabling grinding hud using bum hunting riff raff.. Paying a little extra in rake for excusivity from that trash is a good thing..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just cashed out ANOTHER $400..

Made over $300 on ring games since last post and TOOK DOWN the $250gtd($440) for $103..

Comments

Tellafriend: congrats, you deserve it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On 2+2 a guy couldnt get his 50k off global couse he got his pay pal permanently closed from some other b.s.

Global found a way to ge him his $(undisclosed)..

Global rocks..

U pre black friday hud using bum hunting rake back grinderes crying and emailing your sites to no avail..

Ha_ha...

Load Metric
    When I started this thread back in February of 1917, I didn't think that it would last until that summer but many rec players found it enjoyable and some regs found it to be worth their time. The Paypal connection must have been quite lucrative for Paypal to have allowed it to continue for so long. I wonder what the catalyst was to end this relationship.? Is there any chance that they believe that Paypal can be a payment option for many of the legal sports betting ADWs that will soon appear? If so, then Paypal needed to clean up its act if it hoped to be part of state licensed gambling sites.

Reading the correspondence between players and customer services on Global, it sounds to me that they are getting close to the "take the money and run" final stage of troubled poker sites. I feel bad for all players but especially for thesparten, who really hoped that they would prosper. I don't think that this started out as a scam, but because of circumstances beyond their control with Paypal, it may end as one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    When I started this thread back in February of 1917, I didn't think that it would last until that summer but many rec players found it enjoyable and some regs found it to be worth their time. The Paypal connection must have been quite lucrative for Paypal to have allowed it to continue for so long. I wonder what the catalyst was to end this relationship.? Is there any chance that they believe that Paypal can be a payment option for many of the legal sports betting ADWs that will soon appear? If so, then Paypal needed to clean up its act if it hoped to be part of state licensed gambling sites.

Reading the correspondence between players and customer services on Global, it sounds to me that they are getting close to the "take the money and run" final stage of troubled poker sites. I feel bad for all players but especially for thesparten, who really hoped that they would prosper. I don't think that this started out as a scam, but because of circumstances beyond their control with Paypal, it may end as one.
    On the same page brother!!!
    But definitely feels like "full flush" .. trying to get deposit,s and stalling cashouts.

Reps not being specific at all or just plain hiding under desk.

No verified world pay cash out,s.

Every day grinders getting no response,s..

Reps don't even have anything minimum too say except we are busy and "something about his personal life?!?".

Everyone trying too get bulk off of site at once. I'm sure new Deposit,s have dwindled down significantly at the same time..

Many overlays yesterday.

They did try to do the right thing!
    The traffic was growing everyday and cashouts were basically paid instintaniosly.
    Customer service was very responsive and greatly appreciated the business.

I believe they were hard working and honest and tried to do the right thing but this PayPal thing hit them hard and the way they handled it was sketchy.
    I don't even think world pay will cash out anything. just a whole lot of excuses and silence.
    Last edited by thesparten; 06-17-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No c.s rep available, no verified cashouts from world pay!!,

Cash table traffic down 50%...

Many overlays over weekend.

1k "new player" tournament. (Lol, make it 100k, what's the difference now) good luck noobs.

EVERYONE, TRYING TO GET CASHOUTS ON ENTIRE B.R. AT THE SAME TIME..I'm sure with the exception of leaving some minimum pocket change on site.

No doubt, deposited have SIGNIFICANTLY decreased.

All this Is happening during a ONE week period!!!

Same m.o. as lock and full flush.

Ok
    Boys and girls,
    Can anyone tell me how this story ends??????
    Last edited by thesparten; 06-18-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Thread Information