Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

Load Metric

Global Poker: The newest future fail site?

https://www.globalpoker.com/

Seems like a feeble attempt to evade the current poker restrictions and likely fail, but who knows?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw this advertised on 2+2.

I don't fully understand their currency system ("Sweeps Cash" and "Gold Coins"), but I can't see how this is legal.

While they do give you $2 Sweeps Cash and 10,000 Gold Coins free for signing up, they also sell gold coins.

So the bottom line is you are purchasing something for real money, gambling with it, and then can cash out the winnings to PayPal.

Sounds like gambling to me!

Comments

JohnCommode: Trying to understand their currency system is definitely popsicle headache stuff

Load Metric
    The domain apparently has been registered since 1997 which is odd to say the least. I agree it's slated to be fail but more concerning is how it could affect hypothetically who happens to have registered and owns the domains globalpokerclub.com .net and globalpoker.club. Yeah this could be potentially an issue.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I saw this advertised on 2+2.

I don't fully understand their currency system ("Sweeps Cash" and "Gold Coins"), but I can't see how this is legal.

While they do give you $2 Sweeps Cash and 10,000 Gold Coins free for signing up, they also sell gold coins.

So the bottom line is you are purchasing something for real money, gambling with it, and then can cash out the winnings to PayPal.

Sounds like gambling to me!
    As you said, seems like gambling even with this "review".

http://www.winmoney101.com/global-poker.html

PayPal will not be pleased when they figure this thing out.

Load Metric
    Global poker right now has 16 ring games going. They are actually raking the games up to 3 dollars per pot maximum . Games are mostly up to .25 .50 with texas holdem and omaha no other mixed games. Have seen 1 2 dollar plo running. You buy gold coins. Lets say you spend 60 dollars on 5million gold coins. The 60 dollars are reflected as sweeps cash which you play in ring games with that you can cashout. If you buy 200 worth of gold you have 200 for cash games that you can use and so on.

Goldcoins are worthless though you can play 100 dollar goldcoin freeroll if you see 50 flops in goldcoin games. They are doing a lot of advertising. They offer tournaments also. They bought chubia or some shit like that software that is being used for nitrogen sports poker. They had a 10k superbowl freeroll about 250 players saw 300 raked hands to qualify, Raked hands must have been at .5 .10 level. 500 raked hands for the week gets you into 1500 freeroll . 100 flops gets you into daily 500 freeroll. They seem to have descent support.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 03-02-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Load Metric
    I heard about this on the radio show Wednesday so I thought I would give it a closer look today. I figured I would take whatever I could get for free, turn it into whatever I could, and never open my wallet to them, no matter what.

I signed up and got my free $2 $weeps Cash and got my free 10,000 gold coins. Although everything on the site might make you think that the $2 $weeps Cash is equivalent to $2 USD, it is actually only equivalent to $0.02 USD. I think this is a large part of "the catch" with this site. When you are playing their cash games, you are either playing for gold coins (which is essentially worthless other than to qualify for the daily $100 $weeps Cash freeroll...in other words, the daily $1 USD freeroll) or you are playing $weeps Cash games...so what looks like a $0.25/0.50 USD NL game is actually only a $0.0025/$0.0050 USD game.

You can't directly buy $weeps Cash - this is probably one of the ways they try to get around any legal issues - you can get it when you buy gold coins or get it for free by mailing in an envelope -they will give you $600 $weeps Cash ($6 USD) at a time, released $1 USD each day for six days...so basically you could send in 5 envelopes per month and get $1 USD per day for the 30 days...Druff mentioned this on the show Wednesday. But the catch that was not mentioned is that according to their terms, this $weeps Cash has a 20x rollover requirement before it can be cashed out, it expires in 60 days, and there is a minimum cashout of $10,000 $weeps Cash ($100 USD). So best case scenario - you get your free $60 (minus the approx. $5 worth of stamps), you run it up to $100 playing some incredibly low limit cash games or tournaments before it expires, and you cash out the $100 once you hit the $10,000 $weeps Cash threshold. I think it could be done, in theory - but it is a lot of work and a lot of poker to put in for two months just to get $100...especially since the site probably has never yet paid anyone out, and we don't know what additional verification requirements they might have when someone requests a cashout.

To me it seems like a fun way to play free poker, and they will probably get some suckers to buy those gold coin packages so they will make some money that way, but if enough people realize how impossible it is going to be to run that free $2 $weeps Cash up to $10,000 $weeps Cash, it will fail as expected.

Load Metric
    the above is wrong. Sweeps cash is real cash and the .25 .50 is a 50 max buy in. the 1 2 plo are actually 1 2 that have max of 200 buyin. If you buy 150 worth of goldcoins the 150 is the sweeps cash or real money that you can run up and cashout if you win.

Load Metric
    Sorry Frank, you are correct. I emailed support just to confirm and they say that the free $2 $weeps Cash is equal to $2 USD. I think I was just extra-suspicious because of the large, poorly-attended freerolls that they are running. For example the $100 freeroll today only had 100 players on a Saturday night. Given how few cash tables they have running it seems like it would be hard for them to give away $100 each day - not to mention the $500 daily freeroll they are offering to anyone who buys gold coins that day...I think there were about 85 people in that (not me).

I guess a large part of "the catch" is that all of the $weeps Cash has to be played through 20 times, and it expires in 60 days. To me having the expiration date is a little fishy when you are putting the $weeps Cash in play at the tables in an effort to win more $weeps Cash. So if I win $5 sweeps in a freeroll or "earn" it by buying gold coins, take it to a cash game, go all-in on the first hand and double up, I now have $10 $weeps Cash. But is the play-through requirement and expiration only for that first $5?

Who knows, maybe this site was able to get a lot of investment capital and that's how they are able to subsidize all these freerolls for now...but it just seems like it can't last unless they get a lot more people playing...

So here's something else I thought of...is this at all accurate to say? If I earn $5 sweeps and I have to play it through 20 times in order to redeem it, that means I have to put $100 into pots or tournaments. If pots are raked at 5% and tournaments at 10% (not sure if that's accurate for this site, just throwing out standard #'s), they would anticipate raking $5-10 from me while I try to put $100 into play. I know this is overly simplistic because if the pot hits the max rake then it won't be a full 5%, but at the micro-limits that they are offering there won't be a lot of pots hitting the max rake.

Maybe they figure that with this play-through requirement and expiration date, any and all money they give away will be either raked or expired and will just go back to them. So their model might be able to work if it is actually legal and enough players get on board.

For now I am willing to play the freerolls but you won't see me buying gold coins anytime soon. If I ever cash anything out I'll let you all know.
    Last edited by mdj1980; 03-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Mdj there are no play thru requirements just the percentage of 5 percent or so they charge for cashouts gl.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This really isn't the poker you guys think..

I actually played a couple of games..

It's actually like a cross of club wpt and poker cafrino..

Poker cafrino is that you watch commercials and play sit and go (ladder system) to achieve points in which you can enter tournament,S.

The bigger the tournament, the more points it will cost..

I have collected about $26 directly transfered to my PayPal. From poke cafrino.

The h.q. of this site(cafrino) is Madison Ave n.y. and is owed by one Greek guy and his Jewish partner..

Absolutely no money comes from players other then playing sit N go to win points while a commercial is playing on the side of the screen.

They have $1 to $500 tournaments.

Everyone knows about subscription poker like club wpt which I was also a player with.

It costs $25 a month and have some really nice prizes, vacations and $ tournaments.

I have cashed out quite a bit from it. ($200??)

There is also pure play which is also either commercial based and they do have a monthly option.

I think club wpt and poker cafrino are really fun for the rec player.

DRUFF IS RIGHT.

Global poker will be a fail couse it's so darn DISCOMBOBULATED.. and doesn't know what it is. It's all over the place.

The apartment
    UnOfficial rec player rep for p.f.a.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just remembered, g.p. has the same software as quarter poker..

Q.p. is were you get a free 25c a day to play in tournaments or cash..

If you reach $50 you can cash out via PayPal..

The 25c us just a top up if your balance is below 25c.

A lot of "sweeps" poker does go through PayPal successfuly..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I WAS WRONG ABOUT GLOBAL POKER..

I won $32 and cashed out $25..

In my pay pal account the next day!!!

You buy gold coin play chips Packages and get sweeps$ for free to play sweep$ games(cash)..

Buy 1000 gold coins for $5 cash and get $5 worth of Sweep$ to play with for "free".

They have $5,/ 10/ 20/100/$300 gold coin packages

I won a sit and go plus cashed in a couple of tournaments and made a couple playing cash(sweeps) tables..

Yo guys,, it was cool..

I've been playing for a couple of days.. it's fun..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Played some today after I made a small deposit. It has a home game feel like no other site i've ever played on. People are talking shit, 5 players to the flop, half the people all in preflop first hand of tourmeys. I like it and hate it at the same time. I read they're somewhat partnered up with facebook so maybe that's helping them pull new players. Only a real poker player will bother to find a place like wpn or ignition.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FNdonkey View Post
    Played some today after I made a small deposit. It has a home game feel like no other site i've ever played on. People are talking shit, 5 players to the flop, half the people all in preflop first hand of tourmeys. I like it and hate it at the same time. I read they're somewhat partnered up with facebook so maybe that's helping them pull new players. Only a real poker player will bother to find a place like wpn or ignition.
    Yea dude .

Real home game feel..

Cash out small amount to test and no problem..

Real home game fun feel...

And actually good traffic..

Always cash games going..
    Sit n go,s are going off..

About 200 in tournaments , which is bigger then wpn at that entry level..

It's OK,, especially if your from new York..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Great support too!!

I emailed them on Friday to suggest a tournament and to infom them not too listen too everyone on 2+2 demanding rake back and the such..

I also said the site would be better without most of them just cashing out daily while demanding rake back...

That it would hurt the fish and recs and probably bankrupt you while demanding rake back checks in addition and diminishing fish "net deposit,s" by chasing us away..

Today (Wed)I got a really nice "non form" email from Matt (rep).

That's all I had to say..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Been playing sit n go and cash games for a couple of hours this morning..

So far up $21..(micro grinding)

They added higher limits up to $20 entry..

Cash tables of all limits running..

Sit n go of all limits are going off.. very little wait time.(if any)

I think global poker will become a "sleeper" hit..

I definitely c it affecting a.c.r....GOOD!
    Last edited by thesparten; 04-28-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think they need to find a happy medium. No grinder is going to play here which isn't really a bad thing. But they are screwing everyone on their guaranteed tourneys. If you notice they never show how many rebuys they have gotten and it never goes over the guaranty.........

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FNdonkey View Post
    I think they need to find a happy medium. No grinder is going to play here which isn't really a bad thing. But they are screwing everyone on their guaranteed tourneys. If you notice they never show how many rebuys they have gotten and it never goes over the guaranty.........
    I emailed them about that...

But if you look at the 5pm $100 gtd for a.50 entry.. it passed the gtd and it was put in the prize pool..

Count all the PAYOUT,S.. the tourney still identify s it as a 100gtd but the payouts surpassed $100..

Most are running OVERLAYS that's why..

But nonetheless , I agree the have to put re buys and add on, in the tournament info section..

In the 2+2 thread, they have they are working on several items for the next update.

Also on 2+2 , with no rake back or deposit bonus, they consider the overlays a preferred marketing expense at this time..

The only "deposit" bonus and "rake back" they offer are free entries into tournaments..

Play "x" amount of cash hands and get free entry into "Y" tournament..

I really want to like this site. You don't feel like cannon fodder or begrudgingly accepted by the site..

Im playing the 1k $2 entry at 8pm..

UPDATE.
    the $2 1k broke 1k already if you count the payout spots

My player name is "TRUMPWON"..what's yours..
    Last edited by thesparten; 04-28-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like no one here plays global poker...

At 6am there was about at least 300 active players on global..

Probably more..

About 30 cash tables and a dozen sit n gos..

All the tournament,s yesterday broke the gtd ,..

Fuck you a.c.r..

PS..
    Yesterday,s 1k.. I cashed 7th. $67...
    TRUMPWON baby
    Last edited by thesparten; 05-01-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can see no one is admitting publicly that they are playing on global but if im not mistaken I think the traffic is considerably higher then a.c.r. during non peak hours.

Obviously during peak hours a.c.r. does have decent traffic but global has got 4/5 or six hundred filled seats almost always..

Of course lower limits but at least 30 cash tables up too $2/$4 and a couple of dozen sit and goes running always..

Global definitely a sleeper hit.

Under reported and under appreciated.

Thread Information