Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Crowder vs. Joe Rogan regarding pot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Steven Crowder vs. Joe Rogan regarding pot

Thanks to Lewfather for bringing this to my attention (albeit not directly to me) via Twitter.

I am a big fan of Steven Crowder. He's my favorite YouTube personality, and he actually puts out some surprisingly funny and well-produced content, especially being that he now broadcasts a few hours per day, four times a week.

Crowder appeared on Joe Rogan's show this week. At one point, Joe Rogan asked Crowder "You are very conservative, if you could just relax one aspect of your dialogue, what would it be?"

Basically, he was asking Crowder what talking point of his he would be most willing to concede.

That's akin to asking someone, "What is your biggest weakness?" or "What's your ugliest feature?"

There's no good way to answer that without putting yourself down in some way.

Crowder answered that it was marijuana. He then tried to qualify it by saying that he still felt the medical marijuana claims were dishonest, and were exaggerated.

Rogan, who was noticeably drunk at the time, flipped out, and started yelling over Crowder and repeatedly insulting him.

Rogan also had his assistant keep bringing up articles in favor of the points he was making -- something Crowder didn't have the ability to do, as it was in Rogan's studio.

This went on for over 30 minutes. Oddly, Crowder kept trying to concede the points to Rogan and move on, but Rogan wasn't having it.

Crowder kept saying things like, "You asked me a point I don't care as much about anymore. I answered marijuana. And now you keep forcing me to talk about it."

Even Rogan's own fans felt he came off terrible, and looked like a complete dickhead.

Go read the comments, and the general consensus was that Rogan was being a prick.

Admittedly, Crowder came off as kinda weak. He was too nice, and at one point whined about bullying -- something I thought he was above doing. Still, at least he never yelled, interrupted, or freaked out like Rogan did.

Comments

HoodedN: Crowder needs a safe space

Banned
    Load Metric
    Rogan did apologize publicly yesterday to Crowder and before the show ended tried to patch things up. Here's his statement:

joerogan: Well, this one went off the rails for a while. First of all, I genuinely like Steven as a person, and although I might not agree with him about everything I think he's a good man. During the podcast we got into the subject of marijuana and by that time we (especially me) were quite a bit drunk and didn't exactly handle the conversation really well. Steven gets attacked online quite a bit, and it certainly wasn't my intention to have him on my show to argue with him. At the beginning of the show it seemed to me that we weren't being conversational as much as we were going off talking points so I suggested a few drinks as a social lubricant. We disagreed about weed, and judging by my personal level of regret after his reaction I'm sure I fucked up. I take 100% responsibility for it going off the rails, and I'm truly sorry if it upset any of you that listened to it or watched it. We managed to pull it back together at the end, but of course the shitty parts are all you or I will focus on for a while. My humblest and most heartfelt apologies. I do my best with these things but I, like all of us, am flawed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    This is a clip from Crowder's show, actually this did make me chuckle a bit just because it's so ridiculous.

Also just noticed he's from Michigan, do they film the podcast in Michigan still? Apparently he still does his show out of Detroit. This guy in the video is lucky he has a bunch of other union guys around him because Crowder apparently has a long history in MMA but he still tries to throw bombs.

Comments

Henry: :popcorn

Daly: U.K. Ip is god
    Last edited by lewfather; 02-17-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Load Metric
    it's 20 fucking 17.

if you're still against marijuana being legalized, you need to get your head out of your ass.

good on Rogan.

I mean are you really complaining and or surprised this conservative mouthpiece went on JRE and was bombarded with questions regarding the anti-marijuana movement, by a host who is basically 1/4 marijuana Thai stick.

edit:

this is what it would be like if you debated me on marijuana legalization. I know a lot about it. so do others here. We'd shut you down so fucking quick, it'd be like you shutting down tyde on the radio the other day.

every single point you think you have about marijuana, is probably wrong, and un-informed.

just like that guys.

"marijuana might cure A, but it doesn't cure B and C and D" and "people lie about why they need medical marijauna" are two things i've almost heard your say word for word (like in my drug war thread from july 4th)

it does cure A B C and D and how many people are actually lying? Pot cures the symptoms of a vast amount of things....it' that wonderful.

Rogan also brings up the Prison Guard Unions lobbying against it. what's their motive here? to keep people safe?

and to the people who do in fact lie to get medical marijuana cards, they're doing it to keep themselves out of trouble should they ever get caught and then sucked into the justice system.

gmafb.
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 02-17-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    so Washington Post isn't a credible newspaper huh
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    it's 20 fucking 17.
    Much like pot, in some states that would be legal whereas in others it would not be

Comments

LarryLaffer: well played sir

Henry: a higher level

Crowe Diddly: A+

OSA: I wished I thought of this response

gimmick:
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    what annoys me about marijuana people, and I was a big one, is when it comes to wanting it legal they always go "hey it's got medicinal qualities, and if we legalize it the government can tax it!"

why not be a fucking man and be like, "i am an adult I should be allowed to get high and listen to Black Sabbath"

why pretend you care about some fucking cripples or cancer patients

we should be allowed to get high off plants because we are adult humans, and that's final

Comments

Henry: oh wow

lewfather: THIS NEEDED TO BE SAID

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    and all that Netflix documentary bullshit, "weed cures cancer... getting high is GOOD for you" is retarded

even Black Sabbath knows there is a dark side to getting high

I can't stand potheads who pretend it's somehow healthy or wholesome to smoke weed

Comments

Henry: killing it

Banned
    Load Metric
    Here is a much better conversation between Rogan and Crowder:

Load Metric
    rogans a rich flake. i generally align with his politics but i cant imagine why crowder would agree to be on his show, thats really bad on crowder.

like if i went on rush limbaughs show, id expect to drown in small minded hateful repressive white nationalist faggotry for the duration. so why does it surprise anyone that rogan is being an unhinged substance abusing superfreak?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    it's 20 fucking 17.

if you're still against marijuana being legalized, you need to get your head out of your ass.

good on Rogan.

I mean are you really complaining and or surprised this conservative mouthpiece went on JRE and was bombarded with questions regarding the anti-marijuana movement, by a host who is basically 1/4 marijuana Thai stick.

edit:

this is what it would be like if you debated me on marijuana legalization. I know a lot about it. so do others here. We'd shut you down so fucking quick, it'd be like you shutting down tyde on the radio the other day.

every single point you think you have about marijuana, is probably wrong, and un-informed.

just like that guys.

"marijuana might cure A, but it doesn't cure B and C and D" and "people lie about why they need medical marijauna" are two things i've almost heard your say word for word (like in my drug war thread from july 4th)

it does cure A B C and D and how many people are actually lying? Pot cures the symptoms of a vast amount of things....it' that wonderful.

Rogan also brings up the Prison Guard Unions lobbying against it. what's their motive here? to keep people safe?

and to the people who do in fact lie to get medical marijuana cards, they're doing it to keep themselves out of trouble should they ever get caught and then sucked into the justice system.

gmafb.
    As for the Prison Guard Unions lobbying against it.. They like easy peasy criminals behind bars.. The Pot guys are easy to deal with behind the wall vs compared to the violent offenders and such.. That I can tell you was the reason. Also its admittedly a job security thing.. Suddenly guys stop getting felony charges over multiple possession charges here in AZ it cuts into the full beds thing meaning less COs needed on the yards..

Do some people lie to get a MM card sure.. It happens but as a nurse Ive seen too much proof that it does work.. I'm working on drafting a petition now to send to the FDA, DEA and a few others that demand it be pulled off the Sch I listing.. By definition Sch I drugs have little to no medical purpose.. Marajuana no long fits that classification and they know it.. It would be hard to actually discount the medical proof now.. If its pulled off Class I then employers will no longer be able to discriminate and fire people for useage.. The reason being plenty of people have Rxs for meds like opoid pain meds and others which would trip a drug test but with a valid RX they cant fire you or anything unless you are clearly unsafe at your job using them..

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    rogans a rich flake. i generally align with his politics but i cant imagine why crowder would agree to be on his show, thats really bad on crowder.

like if i went on rush limbaughs show, id expect to drown in small minded hateful repressive white nationalist faggotry for the duration. so why does it surprise anyone that rogan is being an unhinged substance abusing superfreak?
    Rogan's a rich flake? I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him that yet, I mean until we hear that he put over Redban, Duncan Trussell, Joey Diaz, Ari Shaffir, Bryan Callen etc and got a cut from all of it. He seems to me to be quite the opposite, seems to me like he'd do a lot for people he calls friends. Rich flake might be over the top imo.

I do agree about Crowder but then I saw this podcast from a few years ago with Crowder on the same show:

Guessing the reason why Joe had him back on for the show I just posted is because they had a decent conversation but most recent show with Crowder was more of him just pounding his right wing agenda. He told him MULTIPLE times I don't really want to go down this avenue, it's not why I had you on the show, I don't lean left or right etc etc. Eventually Joe did break out alcohol but in hopes to calm Crowder down because his right wing narrative was so exhausting and that's when we eventually get to the OP's post about weed. By this time Joe is completely aggravated with him and he starts to act like a bitch even though all through the show before this he is just POUNDING Joe with his propaganda. Does it shock you at all in any way that this is Druffs favorite youtuber?

context, nigga.

Load Metric
    his whole 'everyone should fuck up for years on dmt because i have no responsibilities and could do dmt for years' schtick is counter revolutionary and flakey as shit.

note: i like him.

but hes a fuckin flake.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    his whole 'everyone should fuck up for years on dmt because i have no responsibilities and could do dmt for years' schtick is counter revolutionary and flakey as shit.

but hes a fuckin flake.

You wouldn't say that to his face son
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Banned
    Load Metric

but hes a fuckin flake.
    I kind of get the whole no responsibilities thing to a certain degree, he can come off that way when he's describing his experience on psychedelics etc but I dunno if I'm going to label him a flake because of his experiences on those drugs. I'm not sure if I'm ready to put him up in the same category as like any of the Kardashians, Kanye, Madonna, Julia Roberts types.

But the reason why I really can't do that is because the dude does have responsibilities, UFC, stand up, his podcast, he's done lots of tv and more recently a lot of hunting type of shit, he's married and has I dunno how many kids but still manages to hold it all together. I just feel like of all things he is not a flake.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Real recognize real rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

but hes a fuckin flake.
    I kind of get the whole no responsibilities thing to a certain degree, he can come off that way when he's describing his experience on psychedelics etc but I dunno if I'm going to label him a flake because of his experiences on those drugs. I'm not sure if I'm ready to put him up in the same category as like any of the Kardashians, Kanye, Madonna, Julia Roberts types.

But the reason why I really can't do that is because the dude does have responsibilities, UFC, stand up, his podcast, he's done lots of tv and more recently a lot of hunting type of shit, he's married and has I dunno how many kids but still manages to hold it all together. I just feel like of all things he is not a flake.

pretty sure the only thing on that list that he doesnt brag about doing drug and stoned would be the hunting.

again tho, i consider him part of my tribe, im not judging, im just saying that every time he opens his mouth about 'conciousness' im like 'wow this guy intellectually embalmed himself at the age of 14'.

Banned
    Load Metric

pretty sure the only thing on that list that he doesnt brag about doing drug and stoned would be the hunting.

again tho, i consider him part of my tribe, im not judging, im just saying that every time he opens his mouth about 'conciousness' im like 'wow this guy intellectually embalmed himself at the age of 14'.
    I agree it forsure gets cringe when he goes on about consciousness but I'm pretty sure he is hella passionate about MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing, and his stand up. We gucci.

Load Metric
    lol at lord flakeotine himself the man basically too lazy to fish or play halo out here casting flake stones

Load Metric

I agree it forsure gets cringe when he goes on about consciousness but I'm pretty sure he is hella passionate about MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing, and his stand up. We gucci.

and id rather deal with a flake whose enthusiastic about consciousness than anyone at all who isnt approximately all and every day, so really, i like the dude fine.

just saying, thats all.

Load Metric
    hey jace, great story

Thread Information