Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coping w/Severe Depression & Regrets (Venting)

Banned
    Load Metric

Coping w/Severe Depression & Regrets (Venting)

I realize there are a handful of posters here who will seize this opportunity to take shots at me, but that's ok. Maybe I deserve it anyway. But I'm going to write this post and just let it rip for better or worse. Partly because I'm in the mood to write for a change, but primarily because I want to see if others are experiencing similar feelings in one form or the other.

For the bulk of my adult life, and even teenage years for that matter...I've suffered from chronic depression and various forms of clinical anxiety.

I suppose it started when my parents divorced when I was only 7 years old, being raised by a single mother with no real father figure in my life. To this day, I harbor a deep seeded resentment towards my father for divorcing my mom and leaving my sister and I at such a young age. Not to suggest that I hold him personally responsible for whatever character flaws or mental instabilities I may possess, but speaking from an objective standpoint, I think it's fair to assign a lot of the blame squarely upon his shoulders. By leaving my sister and I at such a young age in our impressionable years, it had a profround impact on both of us, not to mention saddling my mother with the burden of raising both of us on her own. I think its an indisputable fact that children raised by both parents in a supportive environment have a much greater likelihood to go on to lead productive and fulfilling lives.

Its tempting to elaborate in further detail about my childhood, but I'll just fast forward and state that in my opinion, not having a father figure in my youth was a big factor in the way I ultimately decided to live my life, and shaped the framework for various facets of my core belief system.

I'll be the first one to admit that I do have anger issues. I tend to lash out excessively with venom, and have a dark side that can be downright vicious. Its a side of me that I can't deny exists, and probably always will. Not to suggest I embrace it on any level, its just who I am. Maybe my father leaving my sister and I at a young age was instrumental in that, maybe not. I really can't be certain either way. It is what it is

Combining the aforementioned with fairly developed writing abilities and a reasonably expanded vocabulary has proven time and time again to be to say the least, problematic.

Ive always had a tendency to just let it rip, never mincing words, without regard for consequence, or how my tirades will affect the intended recipient.

I suppose that in a strange way, it's a good thing that I have an ingrained, deep seeded sense of brutal honesty, but the reality is that in countless instances, I've said and written things during the course of my life that inflicted intense pain and grief to people close to me. Words that can never be taken back, only retracted and apologized for with regret.

I suppose that this post is inspired out of a need to vent, but more because of the fact that over the years, the dark side of me that lashes out with brutal hostilty and venom, has fractured relationships with some of my relatives and a handful of close friends.

This inherent ability I have to use words as a weapon cut like a sharp edged sword, and have inflicted irreparable damage on far too many individuals close to my heart, which can never be retracted, only mended with an apology, that in some cases have been rejected because the severity of a particular verbal assault far surpassed the targets willingness or ability to forgive. This I accept unconditionally.

With all that said, at this stage in my life, I've come to realize that hurtful and venomous things I've said to people important to me, have come back to haunt me personally and quietly been manifested in the form of severe depression and a deep seeded sense of regret that have affected my sense of self respect and well being.

Not to suggest that I'm consumed by a self loathing complex by any means, actually quite the contrary. I like myself and take pride in the fact that despite my admitted dark and occasionally predatorial and merciless tendencies, I'm equally as giving, affable, and good hearted with the ability to make those around me laugh. Although I'm cautious letting others get close to me, I think objectively speaking, that deep down I have a good heart and genuinely care about and wish nothing but the best for people that I cross paths in life with.

Nevertheless, I still carry a heavy burden on my shoulders that I can't seem to unload, created by the immeasurable damage and pain I've inflicted in the form of viscous, even savage verbal assaults that I'll almost certainly never be forgiven for. Words that I can never retract or justify under any circumstances. The damage has been done, and left me with a weighted and unshakable sense of guilt and regret that I can't seem to shake away, or distance myself from no matter how hard I try

I realize that many people in this world possess the ability to walk away from relationships without ever looking back, and even distance themselves from family under various circumstances, but for me personally, that's simply not possible.

I may or may not regret posting this here, but I needed to vent for my own sake. I'm guessing a few of you might have experienced similar scenarios, and if that's the case, by all means feel free to reply.

Comments

Charham: thanks for sharing. anger management = job, family, freedom

ftpjesus: Much respect for laying things bare and honest Marty.. that takes balls..

lewfather: we all know you're good people deep down marty.

The_Lurker: everyone gets the blues, keep your chin up

BeerAndPoker: Huge props and respect for putting yourself out there. A lot of people can't do that.

Corrigan: MS WORD Lockdown

SysOp: great post

Ricky: brave, you get green for being real

snowtracks: Tyde is Zod

Tegnation22: Life is hard

Serial Fail: Your words dont hurt as much as you think they do.

Sol: JiMBeAmBeNdErReP

hongkonger: strong

thesparten: Smoking crack works for me
    Last edited by tyde; 02-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Load Metric

love you buddy!

Comments

tyde: Word
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    or.......

just drink less........

much, much, much, less.

really....

you're an adult.........

Blaming this on your father for leaving your mother is fucking selfish. He was supposed to stick around and not be happy so you could grow up to be happy? No, nature vs nurture doesn't apply here. YOUR NATURE, is that you're a terrible human being. Not in a serial killer sort of way, but in a waste of space-i want everything to be handed to me on a silver platter- where's my 35k lifetime score- type terrible.

terrible begets terrible...

perhaps the apple didn't fall far from the tree Martin.

I think of all the families your president that you elected broke apart. and I have no sympathy for you anymore. yeah that's right. That guy you taut and love so much, that you started a thread about, the big one. the guy you have in your avatar. that guy. that guy just made millions of people feel the same way you did/do.

think about that for a moment.

Comments

dick: awful

Daly: Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with you?

lewfather: seriously dude?

IamGreek: reprehensible Sir

The_Lurker: life advice from larry LOL

Tegnation22: Typical liberal

nunbeater: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Ricky: sigh.....

dwai: awful

Serial Fail: Druff but fair

Sirens: Wierdo rep
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    or.......

just drink less........

much, much, much, less.

really....

you're an adult.........

Blaming this on your father for leaving your mother is fucking selfish. He was supposed to stick around and not be happy so you could grow up to be happy? No, nature vs nurture doesn't apply here. YOUR NATURE, is that you're a terrible human being. Not in a serial killer sort of way, but in a waste of space-i want everything to be handed to me on a silver platter- where's my 35k lifetime score- type terrible.

I think of all the families your president that you elected broke apart. and I have no sympathy for you anymore.

I don't expect shit to be 'handed to me' and never have. I work my ass off at my job and never asked anyone to give me something for free, and that includes family

And to be clear, I never said I blamed my father for anything...I was suggesting that having a father figure in my life would have likely had a strong impact on the choices I've made and the person I am today.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

I occasionally fuck with Marty, but deep down hes good people.

Comments

tyde: Thanks bud

lewfather: lol swear i didnt read this post before my rep, 100%
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    or.......

just drink less........

much, much, much, less.

really....

you're an adult.........

I think of all the families your president that you elected broke apart. and I have no sympathy for you anymore.

I don't expect shit to be 'handed to me' and never have. I work my ass off at my job and never asked anyone to give me something for free, and that includes family

And to be clear, I never said I blamed my father for anything...I was suggesting that having a father figure in my life would have likely had a strong impact on the choices I've made and the person I am today.
    and im suggesting that you're full of shit. you think it's ok to break up other families based on religion, or where they're from by supporting 45 and the travel ban. But the consequence of that is broken families...like yours...

so what's not good for you, is good for others? get fucked.

Comments

dick: terrible

Daly: Red

lewfather: its bad when daly is negging you multiple times in a thread, just go away god.

Tegnation22: Wtf you are horrible

Ricky: whats ur prob dude

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

and im suggesting that you're full of shit. you think it's ok to break up other families based on religion, or where they're from by supporting 45 and the travel ban. But the consequence of that is broken families...like yours...

Larry I think he is a racist too

Comments

LarryLaffer: probs, but that's neither here or there.
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    i'm not allowed in that shit show thread anymore, but if i were, i'm sure I could find plenty of examples of you supporting the ban. so please don't say you haven't.

just remember, that in your case, your dad made the choice for you.

in the cases of the millions who are affected by this ban, and the families that are broken as a result of it, the government, and YOU, made that choice for them.

Comments

dick: stfu you fucking faggot

HoodedN: got u daly

GrenadaRoger: Build a Barber Pole rep

gimmick: ^

IamGreek: Needs more neg rep

Tegnation22: More red

nunbeater: lol not allowed in the shit show of a thread that you literally turned into a shit show

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    truth sucks man......

but you're still full of shit for as long as you're gonna be riding 45's dick all the way for the next 4 years or however many it is until he's thrown out faster than Nixon.

enjoy your day fellas.

you too Martin.

Comments

dick: stop posting you insufferable piece of shit

tyde: Awful

Tegnation22: Pathetic smh

George Steinbrenner

Bronze
    Load Metric
    truth sucks man......

but you're still full of shit for as long as you're gonna be riding 45's dick all the way for the next 4 years or however many it is until he's thrown out faster than Nixon.

enjoy your day fellas.

you too Martin.

Jesus Larry, fuck off already.

Comments

tyde: He's the worst addition to this site for quite some time now

lewfather: 1,000 TIMES THIS

Tegnation22:

Load Metric
    I accept your apology Martin.

Comments

LarryLaffer: nicely done
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    truth sucks man......

enjoy your day fellas.

you too Martin.

you have to log into a dupe to say that?

Comments

dick: n-word lover

Daly: I was done but i fucked upmabove offset.

Tegnation22: Red

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Jesus Christ

Larry can you maybe take a single day off from being an attention whoring pseudo intellectual cock rocket ?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    or.......

just drink less........

much, much, much, less.

really....

you're an adult.........

That'll do it every time jk
    Lafondah Laffer shut it down.

Above is the truth.
    I hope you find the one, w 5 black kids would be epic haha. I know you'll make a great father. Seriously tho, get some confidence. Buy hookers, date some major league fatties. Bottom of the ninth, leave your comfort zone or die lonely...

Edit: Oh that, get some boner pills, seriously.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-09-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Load Metric

Ok Larry I have to respond to this..regarding the travel ban.. Your illustrious messiah Obama did something very similar temporarily just like Trumps EO, yet the media kept their mouths shut and unless you knew about it or found out you never knew it happened. https://mic.com/articles/166845/the-...ion#.m5DEi6qz7

So let me guess your also for open borders letting any fuckwad into th is country that can sneak in.. Fuck even the Mexicans don't allow that shit (ask Marty he will tell you that you cant just plop your ass in Mexico randomly without certain requirements being met).

I saw Patriots day a couple days ago and two things were proven to me.. Obama was playing politics constantly afraid of offending Muslims despite hard proof that the brothers were radicalized. The older one who was killed in the shoot out in Watertown was on a fucking watch list and got in anyway so temporarily locking down the borders isn't necessarily a bad thing. We need to fix the broken system and meanwhile letting folks in from countries with known terrorist issues.. (also going to say Patriots day fucked up my PTSD from 9/11 again had a shitty night due to night terrors coming back).

Sure not all Muslins are terrorists but also not all Germans were butching Nazi fuckers in WW2 that didn't stop Germany from murdering millions of Jews and others and setting off the worse death toll from combat in human history for a single combined conflict. Its estimated 10-15% of Muslims are Wahabist and radicalized.. Now doesn't seem like much but if you let in 10000 'refugees' many of whom are not women and children and more seem to be military aged males that's 1000-1500 possible terrorists.. That's unacceptable.. Not to mention its been proven in some cases radical terrorists have been working with drug cartels in Mexico which means the risk of those sneaking across the border is legit.. (was just last year they snagged 8 Middle Eastern males in the desert of Arizona with no ID and such so YES they are sneaking across our border and I don't think its to go clean houses or pick fruit)

Comments

LarryLaffer: bro, you think im an obama person? I hated obama. but good points all around.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post

you have to log into a dupe to say that?

Sorry kid, I'm a real person, not a duplicate account.

Apologies for only posting a few times a year but you know, I don't have time to sit on my computer smoking weed posting hourly for 9 straight months. Kinda busy raising my family, taking care of my business and properties.

Good luck with the bike delivery thing.... I'm sure you're doing great.

Comments

SysOp: lol roasted larry

Load Metric
    Def takes balls to lay it out there like this. I apoligize for turning on you cus we were always cool, the Trump shit got the better of me.

Best of luck Martin, and I hope you can beat down these demons(most of us have them) so you're not alone.

No father figure is bound to fuck most people up a bit. You just gotta let it go and do the best you can with your life

Remember the happiest people in the world are people who work in soup kitchens, not multi millionaires.

Maybe do some vounteer work at an animal shelter when you get back on land it might cure some of the anger issues or at least reduce them a bit.

Comments

ftpjesus: True Dat..

FPS_Russia: We have to win these people over, the Trump thread is700 pages of proof that arguing politics doesn't work.

tyde: Thanks brother

Charham: good advice

IamGreek: your best post ever

herbertstemple: Solid Republicanesque post bd. There is hope for you after all.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

big dick: don't worry baby

tyde: Thanks zap

Banned
    Load Metric
    Marty is good people, I just hope it works out brother. Takes balls to say shit like this and naturally pussys like larry have to come in and try to fuck it up. Can we restrict this mong yet? my god.

GL Marty.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Marty is good people, I just hope it works out brother. Takes balls to say shit like this and naturally pussys like larry have to come in and try to fuck it up. Can we restrict this mong yet? my god.

GL Marty.

lolololololol.

snowflakes

Comments

lewfather: nobody cares if you die, not kidding like in a delaware type of way. we actually mean it dude. go ride your huffy off a bridge my god.

Tegnation22: I want you in the negatives

dick: terrible human being

nunbeater: way to go

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information