Thread: @ Dan Druff.

Load Metric

@ Dan Druff.

so im not crazy bc i hate the sound of you slurping shasta on the radio.

http://time.com/4659308/misophonia-n...ating-science/

If you've ever been tempted to confront someone slurping their soup in a restaurant, or if a person breathing loudly next to you in the movie theater is enough to make your blood boil, then you're not alone: You're one of many people suffering from a genuine brain abnormality called misophonia.
    Misophonia, a disorder which means sufferers have a hatred of sounds such as eating, chewing, loud breathing or even repeated pen-clicking, was first named as a condition in 2001.
    Over the years, scientists have been skeptical about whether or not it constitutes a genuine medical ailment, but now new research led by a team at the U.K.'s Newcastle University has proven that those with misophonia have a difference in their brain's frontal lobe to non-sufferers.In an report published in the journal Current Biology, scientists said scans of misophobia sufferers found changes in brain activity when a 'trigger' sound was heard. Brain imaging revealed that people with the condition have an abnormality in their emotional control mechanism which causes their brains to go into overdrive on hearing trigger sounds. The researchers also found that trigger sounds could evoke a heightened physiological response, with increased heart rate and sweating.For the study, the team used an MRI to measure the brain activity of people with and without misophonia while they were listening to a range of sounds. The sounds were categorized into neutral sounds (rain, a busy café, water boiling), unpleasant sounds (a baby crying, a person screaming) and trigger sounds (the sounds of breathing or eating). When presented with trigger sounds, those with misophonia presented different results to those without the condition.
    "I hope this will reassure sufferers," Tim Griffiths, Professor of Cognitive Neurology at Newcastle University and UCL, said in a press release. "I was part of the skeptical community myself until we saw patients in the clinic and understood how strikingly similar the features are."“For many people with misophonia, this will come as welcome news as for the first time we have demonstrated a difference in brain structure and function in sufferers," Dr Sukhbinder Kumar, from the Institute of Neuroscience at Newcastle University and the Wellcome Centre for NeuroImaging at University College London, added. “This study demonstrates the critical brain changes as further evidence to convince a sceptical medical community that this is a genuine disorder.”
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Every time my girlfriend speaks to me, I develop a loud long yawn that annoys her to no end. I think she has misphonia.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

If you've ever been tempted to confront someone slurping their soup in a restaurant, or if a person breathing loudly next to you in the movie theater is enough to make your blood boil, then you're not alone: You're one of many people suffering from a genuine brain abnormality called misophonia.
    Misophonia, a disorder which means sufferers have a hatred of sounds such as eating, chewing, loud breathing or even repeated pen-clicking, was first named as a condition in 2001.
    Over the years, scientists have been skeptical about whether or not it constitutes a genuine medical ailment, but now new research led by a team at the U.K.'s Newcastle University has proven that those with misophonia have a difference in their brain's frontal lobe to non-sufferers.In an report published in the journal Current Biology, scientists said scans of misophobia sufferers found changes in brain activity when a 'trigger' sound was heard. Brain imaging revealed that people with the condition have an abnormality in their emotional control mechanism which causes their brains to go into overdrive on hearing trigger sounds. The researchers also found that trigger sounds could evoke a heightened physiological response, with increased heart rate and sweating.For the study, the team used an MRI to measure the brain activity of people with and without misophonia while they were listening to a range of sounds. The sounds were categorized into neutral sounds (rain, a busy café, water boiling), unpleasant sounds (a baby crying, a person screaming) and trigger sounds (the sounds of breathing or eating). When presented with trigger sounds, those with misophonia presented different results to those without the condition.
    "I hope this will reassure sufferers," Tim Griffiths, Professor of Cognitive Neurology at Newcastle University and UCL, said in a press release. "I was part of the skeptical community myself until we saw patients in the clinic and understood how strikingly similar the features are."“For many people with misophonia, this will come as welcome news as for the first time we have demonstrated a difference in brain structure and function in sufferers," Dr Sukhbinder Kumar, from the Institute of Neuroscience at Newcastle University and the Wellcome Centre for NeuroImaging at University College London, added. “This study demonstrates the critical brain changes as further evidence to convince a sceptical medical community that this is a genuine disorder.”
    Perhaps, you could alleviate these serious symptoms by switching to the Chicago Joey Podcast and watch and listen to him give a verbal lap dance and backrub to this week's young poker phenom. I know that many in the chat room and forums would support such a move.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

Perhaps, you could alleviate these serious symptoms by switching to the Chicago Joey Podcast and watch and listen to him give a verbal lap dance and backrub to this week's young poker phenom. I know that many in the chat room and forums would support such a move.

like i'd give that fucking weirdo a listen.....

he's not even from Chicago.

i'd sooner listen to Druff/Mousilini rant about mooslims
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    he's not even from Chicago.
    Uh oh. He's not from Evanston is he?

Comments

OSA: watching fox news...new years resolution?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I bring water into the room with me for radio, something I have to do because the show goes around 6 hours and there are no breaks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I bring water into the room with me for radio, something I have to do because the show goes around 6 hours and there are no breaks.

yes we know this.

mute button works for coughs, and water drinks.

we learned this in high school communications courses.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Larry, you don't seem to be laughing much lately.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: lol

Load Metric
    always good to see my uni (UCL) get a mention

Banned
    Load Metric
    Holy fuck can you please stop creating new worthless threads every day you insufferable moronic jerkoff

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: valid points raised here

gauchojake: seriously

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Holy fuck can you please stop creating new worthless threads every day you insufferable moronic jerkoff
    Name:  bleach.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  32.0 KB

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    aww poor tyde....

eat a cock. you fucking cock sucker.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Mighty Mouse is an attention whore and the lowest common denominator.

Let's just all put him on ignore and watch him crack

Comments

handicapme: +1 rep
    BALLIN'!!

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    water sucks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINLESSWON View Post
    Every time my girlfriend speaks to me, I develop a loud long yawn that annoys her to no end. I think she has misphonia.
    common problem...the cure: have you girlfriend get naked before talking to you
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    water sucks
    Water sucks...It really really sucks...

Diamond
    Load Metric

A gallon? 5 gallons?

Thread Information