Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got a prison riot hostage situation!

Platinum
    Load Metric

We got a prison riot hostage situation!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/01...cials-say.html

Inmates take guards hostage at Delaware maximum-security prison

A group of inmates took guards hostage at a maximum-security prison in Smyrna, Delaware, Wednesday in a brazen attack that forced corrections officials to lock down all of Delaware's state prisons.

“The inmates have taken over a building,” Rep. William Carson, a member of the Delaware House Corrections Committee, told the Wilmington News Journal.

“We’re hearing that three to five correctional officers have been taken hostage and the inmates have control of the building,” Geoff Klopp, the President of the Correctional Officers Association of Delaware, told the Delaware State News.

“Department of Correction Response Teams and the Delaware State Police are on scene responding to a hostage situation at James T. Vaughan Correction Center,” read a statement issued by the department.

The facility is the state's largest male correctional center and houses approximately 2,500 inmates, according to its website.

Dozens of police vehicles and ambulances arrived at the scene Wednesday as helicopters circled above, the Wilmington News Journal added.

It is standard protocol to lock down all state prisons when an emergency occurs at any of them, Department of Corrections spokeswoman Jayme Gravell said.

Gravell described the situation as an isolated incident, adding that there was no threat to the public.

She added that firefighters were called to the scene after reports of smoke and were being held on standby.

Video from above the prison shows uniformed officers gathered in two groups along fences near an entrance to the prison. Later, video showed several people surrounding a stretcher and running as they pushed it across the compound. It wasn't clear if a person was on the stretcher. People could be seen standing near a set of doors with an empty stretcher and wheelchair.

According to the department's website, the prison is Delaware's largest correctional facility for men, housing about 2,500 inmates. It houses minimum, medium, and maximum-security inmates, and also houses Kent County detainees awaiting trial. It is also the site of the state's death row and where executions were carried out. The prison opened in 1971.

In 2004, an inmate raped a counselor and took her hostage for nearly seven hours at the Smyrna prison, according to an Associated Press report at the time. A department sharpshooter later shot and killed 45-year-old Scott Miller, according to the report, ending the standoff.
    Update - Confirmed 5 guards taken hostage.

Update - There are prisoners taken hostage as well
    Last edited by NaturalBornHustler; 02-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Most dramatic thing ever to happen in Delaware.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Most dramatic thing ever to happen in Delaware.
    False. You've obviously never spent any time in Wilmington.

I feel very bad for these hostages, this is obv not going to end well for anyone in there.

Comments

BCR: As soon as I read Hongkonger's post, I would have laid -150 on the next response being from you repping Deleware.

hongkonger: Pardon my ignorance. Never been to Delaware.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If reports start coming out that they want a chopper I am ALL IN on this thing.

But I am struggling to see the end game here. Has to be lifers with nothing to lose.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...ughn/97342188/

I guess when the site is uncrashed they have some audio from one of the hostages. He says there are 126 inmates being held hostage.

Load Metric
    I can't imagine many scarier scenarios than if your wife or daughter was a corrections officer there hostage. I actually know a really attractive CO that works by me, but it's a medium security facility.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    If reports start coming out that they want a chopper I am ALL IN on this thing.

But I am struggling to see the end game here. Has to be lifers with nothing to lose.
    all fun and games until you are put into solitary in Colorado super max for the rest of your life.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I feel bad for the guards and other inmates too but when this happens it might be the inmates only way to bring attention some systemic abuse of inmates. It also could be internal politics and this is the actions of a small band of vigilantes. We'll see..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I can't imagine many scarier scenarios than if your wife or daughter was a corrections officer there hostage. I actually know a really attractive CO that works by me, but it's a medium security facility.
    Had to work in a prison for about a week. Got to know some of the guards. They all said the #1 quality for the job was the ability to get along with other people. All were really nice guys. Felt bad for them. They made next to nothing. Max security prison too. Scary looking fuckers in there.

So happy to walk away from that place.
    -
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    all i gotta say is...

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    i'm sure the private company that runs the prison will ultimately be found at fault in a civil court and will have to slow pay out millions over time to any victims

Comments

Tellafriend: wrong, per usual

NaturalBornHustler: state run you dumb fuck

Tegnation22: Smh
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    I feel bad for the guards and other inmates too but when this happens it might be the inmates only way to bring attention some systemic abuse of inmates. It also could be internal politics and this is the actions of a small band of vigilantes. We'll see..
    Jesus Christ dude... This is too much of a leftist position IMO. Smyrna is no joke. I've had a lot of people I've known over the years end up in there. These mother fuckers are usually the worst of the worst. Fuck them and their "conditions".

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This place has a death wing.

And they actually execute prisoners from time to time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This place has a death wing.

And they actually execute prisoners from time to time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...=NYDailyNewsTw

All but two hostages at a Delaware prison have been released after inmates took guards captive and demanded better treatment.

Four employees at James T. Vaugh Correctional Center had been held Wednesday morning, Delaware authorities said at an evening press conference.

Correctional Officers Association of Delaware counsel Bruce Rogers said that the prisoners had taken control of a building that houses at least 120 people, and that injuries were reported to both inmates and officers.

The extent of injuries was not immediately clear, though Delaware's Blood Bank of Delmarva said on Twitter that it was looking for more O blood type donations to go to the area.

Acting head of state prisons system boosts Cuomo jail visit plan
    By 8 p.m. two of the hostages had been released, including one with non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities said that they are trying to negotiate the release of the others.

An unidentified person at the prison spoke on the phone with The News Journal and said that he was being held hostage by inmates who had stabbed one officer and complained of problems at the prison.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hostage killed. Police just went in...stay tuned.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Jesus Christ dude... This is too much of a leftist position IMO. Smyrna is no joke. I've had a lot of people I've known over the years end up in there. These mother fuckers are usually the worst of the worst. Fuck them and their "conditions".
    They're all animals? I'm sure there's no victims of the war on drugs in there. Anyhow I'm almost done penning my letter to AG Session about these dispensaries selling devil weed to our children in violation of federal law, jk. But I imagine Druff might be firing off a few emails.
    Name:  devils_harvest_poster_01.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  134.1 KB
    See how easy it is to demonize people.
    If Delaware is filled w gang infested cities nm you're prob right.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-02-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Hostage killed. Police just went in...stay tuned.
    Attica their asses.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    If Delaware is filled w gang infested cities nm you're prob right.
    http://www.newsweek.com/2014/12/19/w...me-290232.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    i'm sure the private company that runs the prison will ultimately be found at fault in a civil court and will have to slow pay out millions over time to any victims

for the 3 who red repped....

I guess you guys don't know what SARCASM is.....

https://www.google.com/#q=saracsm

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information