Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One benefit the world may see because of the Trump Presidency

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

One benefit the world may see because of the Trump Presidency

Artists tend to flourish when times are tough. They speak for those who have little influence individually.
    Quite a while since we've had a run of superstars.
    It can even affect young republicans as seen half way through this clip.

Load Metric
    That was at a time when artists sung/spoke for the voiceless people. Rebelled against the crooked establishment.

Today's modern handpicked artists speak for political parties. Huge difference.

Comments

YUUP: This man knows, fuck Madonna etc

LarryLaffer: god damn thats spot on
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    That was at a time when artists sung/spoke for the voiceless people. Rebelled against the crooked establishment.

Times have not been tough but are becoming so. No one handpicks a real artist.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Can't speak for North America. But can't remember the last British artist who made it 'big' while openly speaking out against the establishment.

Possibly Liam Gallagher?

During the 70's & 80's most gifted artists came from the street and that showed in their music AND views.. Today's gifted artists are often privately educated, or well educated at the very least.

Load Metric

Can't speak for North America. But can't remember the last British artist who made it 'big' while openly speaking out against the establishment.

Possibly Liam Gallagher?

During the 70's & 80's most gifted artists came from the street and that showed in their music AND views.. Today's gifted artists are often privately educated, or well educated at the very least.

bro.....Liam Gallagher is shit.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: johnny rotten wouldn't stand a chance in the today's 'filtered' music industry
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

A lot of this happened during a time when marijuana was legal in the US.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are an ignoramus! Mary Jane has been illegal in the US since before WW II!!!
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

A lot of this happened during a time when marijuana was legal in the US.

you mean LSD. back then LSD was not only legal, but you were still able to get Sandoz (the pharmaceutical firm responsible for the acid in the USA at the time) brand. It wasn't until that ran out, that the Owsely method became the method to make LSD and that's the method still used today. Owsley Stanley toured with the dead, and was responsible for about 95% of the LSD that circulated in SF during the height of the counter culture movement in the 1960-70s

(which is no doubt the type of acid that Janis Joplin etc took)

pot had always been illegal since the Tax Stamp act of the 1930's.

but it wasn't enforced.

LSD on the other hand was perfectly legal.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Possibly Liam Gallagher?

I think you're missing the point. The shitstorm is brewing. Near future. Soon. As far as a filtered medium, it's never been less so.

Load Metric

Possibly Liam Gallagher?

I think you're missing the point. The shitstorm is brewing. Near future. Soon. As far as a filtered medium, it's never been less so.

lol of course its filtered. The most 'influential' artists in the world are queuing up to stand behind career politicians.

What more evidence do you need?

Even if Trump was an uncontroversial moderate with no baggage. Those artists and actors would still have all lined up behind Hillary and the establishment.

You speak like you don't even remember the 80's.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

lol of course its filtered. The most 'influential' artists in the world are queuing up to stand behind career politicians.

Even if Trump was an uncontroversial moderate with no baggage. Those artists and actors would still have all lined up behind Hillary and the establishment.

Still not getting it. The times, they are a changin. My point is, when the publics opinion on the Vietnam war changed, muscians for one helped the cause through they're work. So I'm not talking about any previous generation of artists but those next in line.

Load Metric
    What youre forgetting is that NY, LA, and SF had artists colonies in those days. One could be literally flat broke and unemployably stoned in those cities and have shelter, food, and get laid. On top of which, there was a thriving arts market.

All that shit is done.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Still not getting it. The times, they are a changin. My point is, when the publics opinion on the Vietnam war changed, muscians for one helped the cause through they're work. So I'm not talking about any previous generation of artists but those next in line.

OK not sure where your optimism is coming from or what you're seeing, but I see a generation of people who stopped giving a fuck what privileged artists has to say long ago.

Those next off the conveyor belt may be able to rally a few teenagers, but the days of old ain't coming back anytime soon imo.

If anything the inspiration for change will come from social media, From normal ordinary, straightforward people.

Tomorrows musicians will be good for reminding you of your regrets, or why your heart aches.. But not much else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    What youre forgetting is that NY, LA, and SF had artists colonies in those days. One could be literally flat broke and unemployably stoned in those cities and have shelter, food, and get laid. On top of which, there was a thriving arts market.

All that shit is done.
    I'm not forgetting, just the opposite. Many influential artists in the past were making statements and the lyrics were strong because of the subject. It's stiil status quo for the majority but that is changing daily. The condition of your nation's welfare/police state is heading in the wrong directions with the current administration, and yes I have a crystal ball. One thing that never changes is change

Load Metric

All that shit is done.
    I'm not forgetting, just the opposite. Many influential artists in the past were making statements and the lyrics were strong because of the subject. It's stiil status quo for the majority but that is changing daily. The condition of your nation's welfare/police state is heading in the wrong directions with the current administration, and yes I have a crystal ball. One thing that never changes is change

im just saying, the assertion that fascist oppression somehow is a miracle fertilizer for art is both widespread and totally misguided imo.

Comments

OSA: if by fascist oppression you mean so much winning that my hamstrings are sore then yea

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    By limitles' logic I should be Van Gogh or Beethoven or some shit. I can't draw a stick figure and can barely compose myself, much less a symphony.

Load Metric
    Yea times are so shitty, i can't even decide what to watch on netflix. And it's so hard deciding which shitty tv show to watch, or which high def newly released pirated movie to screen from my phone to my Chromecast. Or deciding to indulge in hours of coonary on instagram or just browse worldstar hiphop.

Tough times indeed.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. "IM LEAVING TOO"
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    The majority of people in America are to distracted to give a fuck, this isn't the sixties you old geezers, get over it.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. "IM LEAVING TOO"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Yea times are so shitty, i can't even decide what to watch on netflix. And it's so hard deciding which shitty tv show to watch, or which high def newly released pirated movie to screen from my phone to my Chromecast. Or deciding to indulge in hours of coonary on instagram or just browse worldstar hiphop.

Tough times indeed.

The majority of people in America are to distracted to give a fuck, this isn't the sixties you old geezers, get over it.

Load Metric
    FYI janis joplin died homeless and destitute, that's how much people "cared" about her.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. time to hels yourself.

Load Metric

Dude you would love it in Sweden...

Name:  Sjw_fd9b9a_5904558.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  117.0 KB

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. time to hels yourself.

Thread Information