Thread: 2017 WSOP Full schedule released.

Load Metric

2017 WSOP Full schedule released.

Here is a link for the full schedule of events for this summer.

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Load Metric
    Jack Effel released it today in preparation of Todd Witteles's Poker Fraud Alert show. He was super depressed when he was told that the show, which is regularly scheduled on Wednesdays, was actually on Tuesday this week and it will be another 7+ days before it's talked about on PFA radio!

Comments

BeerAndPoker: lol
    Last edited by AhoosierA; 01-25-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will comment more later.

I should point out that I find it lame that they have two events this year for buyins of less than $400.

That cheapens the bracelet, which has already been somewhat cheapened over the past decade.

One of those two events is the $333 WSOP.com event, so I'll ignore that one, since it's not live.

However, event #19 is a live $365 buyin event. To show you how outrageously low that is, it equates to $59 in 1970 when the WSOP started. Imagine if they were giving out bracelets for $59 buyin events back in 1970. Everyone would have laughed.

At least I'm happy to see that they haven't killed any of the 3 limit holdem events for 2017. I was afraid the $3k 6-Max LHE would be removed because it was kind of a fail in 2016.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Will comment more later.

I should point out that I find it lame that they have two events this year for buyins of less than $400.

That cheapens the bracelet, which has already been somewhat cheapened over the past decade.

One of those two events is the $333 WSOP.com event, so I'll ignore that one, since it's not live.

However, event #19 is a live $365 buyin event. To show you how outrageously low that is, it equates to $59 in 1970 when the WSOP started. Imagine if they were giving out bracelets for $59 buyin events back in 1970. Everyone would have laughed.

At least I'm happy to see that they haven't killed any of the 3 limit holdem events for 2017. I was afraid the $3k 6-Max LHE would be removed because it was kind of a fail in 2016.
    I agree. The $365 buy-in should be kept at the circuit level only. Personally I think $1.5k should be the lowest buy-in bracelet event.

The $365 is going to be a shit show.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The $333 online event has unlimited reentry for what is an undisclosed time period at the moment unless someone else can find how long then please post it. The $1,000 and $3,333 online events are unlimited reentry too.

The $365 is spread over 5 starting days every Friday during the WSOP with unlimited reentry as well. I'm sure the player pool will get huge for this by the time it's over but it could steer away some players who are just showing up at the beginning of the WSOP to play an event or two not intending to return for other events. Keep in mind if you play on the very first flight on June 9th and make day 2 you won't be playing until July 8th. I haven't read up on anything but hopefully they will make this where if you survive day 1 you are in the money.

Too many events have cheapen the bracelet if anything has but the reality is someone might fire this event 5 times meaning it was really a $1,825 event for them and then have to beat out some minefield of entrants to win it so that is an accomplishment in itself deserving of a bracelet just as much as all these other 1k buyin events.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'd love to see something along the lines of this

For NL especially it would work and might bring a little bit of prestige for the bracelets..maybe you could do something with PLO with a few minor tweaks

Run 6 events at 1k 3k and 5k and instead of awarding a braclet + cash you take the winner from each event and run a 1 table SNG with a determined Amt of money that was taken from the first place prize pool as a winner take all + bracelet at each level. you can do the final tables just prior to the start of the ME...I understand there's some logistical issue with people who only come in to play an event or two but I'm sure with an additional winner take all option most people would make the time to come back for say 150k-200k winner take all single table tourney
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 01-28-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Poker Info Master
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The $333 online event has unlimited reentry for what is an undisclosed time period at the moment unless someone else can find how long then please post it. The $1,000 and $3,333 online events are unlimited reentry too.

The $365 is spread over 5 starting days every Friday during the WSOP with unlimited reentry as well. I'm sure the player pool will get huge for this by the time it's over but it could steer away some players who are just showing up at the beginning of the WSOP to play an event or two not intending to return for other events. Keep in mind if you play on the very first flight on June 9th and make day 2 you won't be playing until July 8th. I haven't read up on anything but hopefully they will make this where if you survive day 1 you are in the money.

Too many events have cheapen the bracelet if anything has but the reality is someone might fire this event 5 times meaning it was really a $1,825 event for them and then have to beat out some minefield of entrants to win it so that is an accomplishment in itself deserving of a bracelet just as much as all these other 1k buyin events.
    The $333 WSOP.com event has 3:45 of late reg/re-entry.

The $365 Giant will be playing well into the money, playing 18 levels or down to 10 players.

You can find almost all of the structures online at http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Kevmath rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It still perplexes me why they don't run the $1500 LHE shootout anymore.

Let me count the ways:

1) The players love it. Amateurs love it because it's something different and they see a clear goal in front of them (beat everyone on the table, cash in the tournament). Pros love it because the field is typically fish-heavy and it favors players who are good at shorthanded play.

2) It gets a fairly good turnout. Approximately 540 people showed up at the last one, from what I remember -- MUCH better numbers than the $3k 6-max they've been running for the past few years, and much better numbers than most non-NL-holdem tournaments at the WSOP.

3) The overhead for the WSOP is low. Each day ends quickly. Usually 6 hours or so, and each day is done. Full ring tables also means they can shove the event in the corner of the Brasilia room at 4pm, and everyone will be done in time for dinner.

I tried to get this across to Palansky last year in an e-mail. He said he would pass it along to Effel, but nothing changed.

I have a better relationship with Palansky than Effel, so I prefer communicating with him, but perhaps I will approach Jack myself this year and suggest this event returns for 2018.

There's literally no downside to it for anyone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are my preliminary plans for this WSOP. Sadly, as I enjoyed the O8 event in 2016 and looked forward to playing it again, it's poorly scheduled this time (at least for me), right before Colossus and several other tournaments I'm not interested in playing.

I will be replacing it with the $1500 Mixed Omaha tournament, which features PLO8, Limit O8, and Big O.

I will also miss the Millionaire Maker, an event I have enjoyed since it was created, because it takes place the day before the $1500 Limit Holdem. I will also miss the poorly-scheduled Marathon event (new name for Extended Play NL), which is the same day as the $1500 Limit.

In addition, I will miss the $1500 NL Bounty (which I both enjoyed AND cashed in last year, my first time playing) because it's the day before the $3k Limit Holdem 6-Max.

Horrible timing for these events this year for me.

As has been common for most of the past 5 years or so, I will be skipping the early portions of the WSOP, having a "middle heavy" schedule, and then playing the Main Event.

6/12 Event #24 $1500 Limit Holdem
    6/13 Event #25 $1000 PLO
    6/16 Event #32 $1500 Mixed Omaha 8 (PLO8/O8/Big O)
    6/17 Event #33 $1500 NL Holdem*
    6/19 Event #38 $10,000 Limit Holdem
    6/27 Event #53 $3000 Limit Holdem 6-Max
    6/30 Event #58 $1500 NL Holdem
    7/01 Event #60B $888 Crazy Eights NL Holdem 8-handed (will fire up to 2 bullets)*
    7/09 Event #73B $10,000 NL Holdem Main Event

Sadly because of the poor scheduling, I am only playing 9 events, and perhaps as few as six, because the asterisked events will be skipped if I make Day 2 of the prior event.

I may or may not sell pieces this year. If I do, I will separate the pieces into two categories:

Category 1: $10k Limit Holdem only
    Category 2: Everything else together (besides the Main Event, which is not for sale)

I am doing this to prevent an automatic loss for investors if I have moderate cashes elsewhere but brick the disproportionately large $10k LHE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    no millionaire maker sucks; although I think its a casualty of the Monster Stack.

The fact they basically made a daily deepstack event a bracelet event is #LOL
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    no millionaire maker sucks; although I think its a casualty of the Monster Stack.

The fact they basically made a daily deepstack event a bracelet event is #LOL

There is a Millionaire Maker. I just can't make it.

I feel that the order of the schedule is lousy this year. Last year's was good. They are putting high profile events too close to semi-popular niche events (like Limit Holdem and O8), whereas they should be placing those next to high-buyin events which are unlikely to cause many conflicts.

Thread Information