Thread: Jimmer!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Jimmer!

The most exciting college basketball player I've ever seen is replicating his glory years. He's found a league that appreciates his skill in the CBA. There have been a long list of former NBA stars/journeymen/busts to play in their league such as Tracy McGrady, Gilbert Arenas, J.R. Smith and Kenyon Martin. All of those guys I listed were cut. About half of American players that sign for a Chinese team suffer the same fate. Each team usually has one or two ex NBA players attracted to go play there because the league pays very well.(Jimmer will make more this season than he did in five years in the NBA on salary alone, but also has a shoe deal) However they don't make any bones about it. The American players are expected to fill it up. If you aren't scoring they will cut your ass real quick. Usually right in the middle of the season. There is no better league for Jimmer who just plain shuts down for a coach if he gets told he's shooting too much. Jimmer was the league's player of the month for November. Jimmer was the league's player of the month for December. He is almost a shoe in for the leagues MVP as well. He averages almost 40 points per game.

In China there is Stephon Marbury who is a straight up God and every other American player that are disrespected by the Chinese. In just under three months Jimmer is number two. There has never been a number two before this. Will Jimmer embrace Chinese culture and become a Chinese citizen like Marbury? Or will he sign with the first NBA team that shows interest making a playoff run? We will see.

He's already earned a Chinese nickname. He's "The Lonely God" Lonliness is a huge compliment in China FWIW, similar to the way it's a compliment in the bible.

Here's some highlights.

BYU

Jimmer dropping 51 at beginning of Chinese season (shoutout Carlos Boozer on opposing team)

CBA 3 point contest with interview in English at CBA All-Star game

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

A post shared by on

https://instagram.com/p/BOdvREdhjdo/

In a league where the Americans are usually each teams star Jimmer is the only starter that got voted for by the fans that isn't a Chinese citizen.

Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 01-24-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Load Metric
    Last time I saw him playing it was in the D-League for Westchester Knicks I believe it was.. Ironic.. China dumps cheap products on our markets and we dump cheap basketball players on them .. Sounds fair.. What admittedly surprises me is as much as China is into Basketball and baseball they've had very very few players make it to America to play..

Load Metric
    He was so spectacular to watch at BYU. The kid would take the floor and you knew he could drop 50 in a game whenever.

Sadly some guys just can't make the transition to the league. The game is faster and sadly alot of white boys can't left in the dust.

J.J Reddick was a stud at Duke but it took him many years to develop himself into a serviceable and complete NBA baller. Gordon Hayward didn't take that long but took him a few years to figure out the NBA game.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Thread Information