Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/18/2017 *** $112 FREEROLL *** Marc Klang special interview

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 01/18/2017 *** $112 FREEROLL *** Marc Klang special interview

Show begins at approximately 8:00pm PST, Thursday, January 18, 2017.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

"Call To Listen Line": Call (712) 775-8162 to listen to the show from ANY PHONE in the world! No smartphone or app required! If you do have a smartphone, this will NOT cost you any data.

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can also text Druff at any time before, during, or after the show, at (775) 372-8355 (our main phone number).

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a $112 freeroll tonight!

Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 8:40pm PST on 01/18/2017
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st: $50, 2nd: $37, 3rd: $13, 4th: $7, 5th: $5. I will send this to you by bank transfer, bitcoin, cash, check, or other methods. PM me after you win to claim your prize.

The following generous donations were received for this freeroll:
    cmoney $100
    Daly $12 (2nd place only - in honor of Matt Ryan #2 future MVP)

There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is now late registration allowed until 25 minutes after start time.

*** IMPORTANT ***

You must read the rules for the freeroll, as not everyone qualifies for the free money!

Freeroll rules can be found here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/freeroll

Agenda for tonight:

Poker/gambling topics:

- Druff makes contact with Brandi from RealGrinders controversy, update to last week's story

- Special interview: Degenerate Marc Klang accuses John Racener, others of scamming him out of $500k

- Tampa Bay Downs now part of PPC lawsuit

- Tom McEvoy selling WSOP Main Event Bracelet from 1983 -- is he broke?

- Another heads-up grudge match -- this time William Kassouf versus Stacy Matuson

- Antigua reiterates threat to pirate US music/software/movies in order to collect WTO gambling-related judgment

- PFA listener gives perspective on Pokerstars Bahamas PCA

- Borgata chip counterfeiter Christian Lusardi wasn't really released

General topics:

- TBA

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Gold
    Load Metric
    chicago joey and doug polk both backed out / declined an interview with this guy. speculation is that zima or some other party has influenced them not to. just curious if anyone has contacted you to discourage you from conducting this interview druff?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    chicago joey and doug polk both backed out / declined an interview with this guy. speculation is that zima or some other party has influenced them not to. just curious if anyone has contacted you to discourage you from conducting this interview druff?

I'd think that would be something Todd would address.

Load Metric
    thursday the 18th eh?

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    lol I can't believe so many people believe that retarded theory

Quote Originally Posted by WCGRider
    Lets put the tinfoil hats away for a moment.

1) I never tweeted and deleted saying I would do a podcast with Marc. I Pm'd him asking him if he would do it, and then scheduled it for yesterday. I never even said anything to the public about the interview. (I believe?)

The next day, I had a talk with my social media/editing team and I had not realized the potential negative effects for me in doing the interview. I had not realized Marc had already gone ahead and posted in here that we were doing it, and so I apoligize to Marc for making him look bad when I backed out. But I also did not think we were at a point yet where we were going to announce the podcast.
    Can confirm as I am on said team. After that trainwreck Limon interview, I cautioned against doing it.

Comments

sah_24: Need fired then lol . . .

nunbeater: offset the stupid. literally getting info from the source dunno how you could red rep that

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Good God you are a tool Srsly. Cool truth suppression team you are proud to be a part of lmao. Do you think one person believes your line of bull shit? Can you just stay the fuck off this forum for good? Please?

Comments

SrslySirius: sure

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    @srslysirius I used to like you and thought most of your music was tight but you're a huge sellout now and don't think for a minute that your new friends won't drop your ass in a minute for the next hot young graphic designer or whatever the fuck you are. Go back to making parody songs it's all you're good for. You've made your bed.

Comments

sah_24: +1

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I can't even tell if you work for Doug Polk or Vanessa selbst

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't listen to the Limon interview (though it seems to be disliked from what I hear).

However, I think our interview with Marc went pretty well. I believe it moved along well, never got boring, and was fairly clear to the listener.

At least that was my perspective as the main one conducting it.

Just curious, Srsly... what were the concerns on the part of Polk's crew regarding the "negatives" possibly coming from this interview?

Comments

sah_24: The negatives were racener and crew get butthurt . . . SS and Polk are a joke

MumblesBadly: Great interview. Klang seems totally believable and you did a good job bringing up past criticisms of him scamming a few folks. And Klang addressed them like a reformed man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just read the last few pages of the 2+2 thread. Mixed reviews on the PFA interview, though it's 2+2, so anything they say there has to be taken with a grain of salt.

The negative reviews called the interview "shit", "generic", and lots of criticism of the laugh track.

The positive reviews called it "solid", "informative", and that it had "good questions".

I guess this was the THIRD interview done with him. One was by Limon, the other by some guy named "Larry".

Oh well. Can't please everyone.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I didn't listen to the Limon interview (though it seems to be disliked from what I hear).

However, I think our interview with Marc went pretty well. I believe it moved along well, never got boring, and was fairly clear to the listener.

At least that was my perspective as the main one conducting it.

Just curious, Srsly... what were the concerns on the part of Polk's crew regarding the "negatives" possibly coming from this interview?
    The interview with Marc went swimmingly except for when you snapped him off before taking calls for him, which would have OBVIOUSLY been gold. He's a person of the people, everyone is on Marcs side except LarryLaffer (lol naturally, real recognize real right?) We need a Chainsaw check in type segment with Marc every week, except it will be about 1,000x better because Marc is a degen. I've talked to him privately about other games that I 100% believe he played/won/lost in and the shit is epic.

Comments

LarryLaffer: but then I came around. I'm on this guys side now. for real.

Baron Von Strucker: agree we need to talk to this guy more

Load Metric
    TomMcevoy was a sponsored pro for a subscription poker site named face up gaming a few of years ago. Bonnie from ub infamy was also there. Unsurprisingly the site went busto , never paid players money owed.

Really good job with the interview of Marc. Was nearing to the end and I was thinking, damn he isn't going to ask about racener calling boss and getting him fired from job. Covered the events really well from start to finish. I hope he gets paid. Entertaining from beginning to end, don't worry about nvgtards that didn't like it. NVG is national enquirer like in terms of intelligent life for the most part on the 2 plus 2.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 01-19-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Load Metric
    does this show actually have a scheduled time it's supposed to happen? ive kinda given up on trying to figure out on my own. so ill just come out and fucking ask. times appear random and i don't read this idiot shit show of a forum enough to keep up to date with your whimsy

Comments

simpdog: Whimsy what

handicapme: Then fuck you?

MumblesBadly: Figuring it out in your own... What??? Are you the Amazing Kreskin?

sah_24: no one cares that you are stupid . . .

Load Metric
    Marc Klang piece was god.

The fraud was kind of a footnote. For me, the show was a meditation on the fact that degens like this exist.

I remember hours of bliss reading a 2+2 thread where guys would post their degen exploits. Hearing Marc discuss on air was better yet.

Refreshing and inspiring

Tricky to pull this off in a winning way though. Hard to duplicate. Marc had no ego, he was unapologetic and matter of fact.

Flipping blackjack in a home game for 10 & 20k a hand. Keeping score with crayons. This isn't life in the residential neighborhood.

Show was good. Let's hope we as listeners fight variance and continue this PFA radio heater.

Comments

LarryLaffer: the degen stories thread is legendary.

Baron Von Strucker: MK is god

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blubbernuffle View Post
    does this show actually have a scheduled time it's supposed to happen? ive kinda given up on trying to figure out on my own. so ill just come out and fucking ask. times appear random and i don't read this idiot shit show of a forum enough to keep up to date with your whimsy
    so just subscribe to the feed and fuck off then. you won't have to visit this shitshow of a forum ever again and you'll still get the show.

Load Metric
    Got to be said: I usually find the technical fails of the show entertaining for the unintended drama and expressed angst, but this time... Ugh. Druff, given you considerable experience running the show from "a secret location", I was a bit surprised how quiet your sound was versus the co-hosts and callers. To hear you clearly, I had to jack my radio volume almost to the max. But then someone else would speak, and BOOM, the speakers would nearly rattle. But then again, I listened to the archive of the show using iTunes. Did anyone else experience this?

Comments

sah_24: Yes Todd's mic was low compared to the others

SysOp: this
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Why is Srsly taking shit for doing work for Polk, Selbst or whoever?

Is he not allowed to make a little money without scrutiny from people he doesn't even know.

What am I missing, who is he hurting?

Comments

sah_24: Hes taking shit for acting like a tool about Marc lol . . .
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blubbernuffle View Post
    i don't read this idiot shit show of a forum enough to keep up to date with your whimsy
    Just caught your post. I choose to focus on the positive. What a great line. It's a keeper. You have a lot in common with Druff it would appear.

Druff posted the notice for his 8:00pm show @ 7:52pm.

I love it so.

If what Crowe says is true - that Druff's twitter announced the show - then you begin to understand the low esteem he holds for the forum posters.

You need to be attentive but if you are you will detect a sigh when he picks up a forum caller. Posting at 7:52pm is like parents moving to a new state but not telling the children.

If you can't handle the disrespect then you clearly lack the fortitude to be part of the forum. You think you deserve better than us? Entitled biatch

Comments

LarryLaffer: lol
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why is Srsly taking shit for doing work for Polk, Selbst or whoever?

Is he not allowed to make a little money without scrutiny from people he doesn't even know.

What am I missing, who is he hurting?
    I think it's because he said he was part of the "team" that advised WGC not to interview Klang.

Hoping srsly explains his thinking here...what does WGC have to lose by interviewing this guy?

Thread Information