Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great news about the Obamacare disaster

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    Pre-Affordable Care Act I paid $350/mo to cover me and my wife on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy. Quite happy.

When the ACA arrived, that policy was no longer offered and I had to select from the Marketplace. A similar plan was $880/mo. That increased to $990/mo and then $1,100/mo last year. The plan as not even accepted at most doctors/hospitals and those that did accept it had some of the lowest ratings in our area.

This year I decided to give the VA a try. It can't be worse and costs little to nothing as we're both Armed Forces veterans. Healthcare provider rates have gotten insane since the ACA was put into place. Anything has got to be better.
    I had occasion in a former life to review low voltage systems in hospitals including the VA. Nurse Call, Security, Fire Alarm, etc. It was the government so initially the prospect of stealing money from bureaucrats was exciting.

Pretty quickly it became depressing. My schtick with folks was that I wouldn't take my car to be serviced there much less my body. Awful, inept, unresponsive and outdated. Filthy too.

We have created a large bureaucracy with thousands of hospitals, clinics, waiting rooms and employees to deliver medical care, and it needs to be abandoned. It makes no sense to have a parallel universe to take care of our veterans, separate doctors, separate facilities, equipment and even protocols. There is no reason that veterans who would otherwise wait for months to be seen at a VA health clinic can’t be seen by private doctors, the same doctors who treat everyone else. The procedure doesn’t need to be complicated: patient is seen by private doctor, private doctor treats patient, doctor sends bill to government, government pays doctor.

If doctors see veteran patients as big pay days and tuck it to the Feds that strikes me as a fine incentive system on behalf of veteran attention. It will be no more expensive than the current model.

We treat our Veterans like shit.

ACA is just an extension of the same. The one truth that is universal is that the government cannot manage any program of scale.

On behalf of all Americans I apologize to you Alpha for ACA costs and the VA. It's shameful.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-12-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politi...macare-repeal/

lol psyche they repealed it without even offering a replacement.
    so word is, after repealing completely, there's no replacement plan that will be passing thru the senate; in part because that would take sixty votes, but more in part because ryan hasn't thought about that.

druff will save hundreds a month, tens of thousands will die, trump will still get to draw lines/boxes with his hands, and, and his supporters will still be earning $10.75 not to think.

only now with the added personal benefit of no health insurance.

Comments

big dick: henry

vegas1369:
    Last edited by Henry; 01-12-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I got a great way to not have to pay out the ass.

1)Drink less soda and alcohol

2)Eat less fat food

3)Quit smoking

4)Exercise

I find it funny that you are bringing attention to the cost of healthcare and how much it costs to get sick and treated and not the consequence of poor choices that lead you there.

I mean really, who the fuck cares if you are paying 2k or 12k a year when you have a fucking tube coming out of your chest and your entire family by your bed as you writhe in pain?

Comments

big dick: oh god dude you got crushed FUCKING CRUSHED

vegas1369: You are an imbecile

Load Metric
    Haven't you Americans figured it out yet?

Insurance companies control your country.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I mean really, who the fuck cares if you are paying 2k or 12k a year
    I do.

Just finished off a 3/4 lb filet mignon with a nice glass of Beringer 2005 North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon. I don't know if this is true but I feel that I get a lot more drunk off red wine than white.
    Its great. First anal sex was with a drunk chick from Texas on a cruise. Her friend was throwing up in bathroom. Good Times.
    2)Eat less fat food
    Saturday:

Ate off the strip at Rollin Smoke. Highly recommend. My friend and I split these two meals. Came out to about 35 bucks.

Burger with onion rings.

4 ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. Sides were baled beans, mac and cheese and bacon potato salad
    3)Quit smoking
    I used to love working security Phish and GD shows. I would volunteer to do security checks as they came in just so I could be able to "confiscate" marijuana that they try to bring in. At the end of a night, I would get like 40 joints and a bunch of weed as well.

The black security guards would sell the weed back in the hood and I would smoke my stuff
    4)Exercise

Comments

sonatine: tour de force

big dick: DESTROYED

BCR:

blake: <slow clap>

nunbeater: lolololol sea of green

Kuntmissioner: en fuego

gimmick:

vegas1369: God-like

Load Metric
    This is your finest work yet Henry.

5stars
    A++++++++
    Two thumbs up

You crushed OSA and jewlips harder than I have ever seen anyone get crushed on the internet( Im dead serious too not just saying that cus I hate them both)

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I do.

Just finished off a 3/4 lb filet mignon with a nice glass of Beringer 2005 North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon. I don't know if this is true but I feel that I get a lot more drunk off red wine than white.
    Its great. First anal sex was with a drunk chick from Texas on a cruise. Her friend was throwing up in bathroom. Good Times.
    2)Eat less fat food
    Saturday:

Ate off the strip at Rollin Smoke. Highly recommend. My friend and I split these two meals. Came out to about 35 bucks.

Burger with onion rings.

4 ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. Sides were baled beans, mac and cheese and bacon potato salad
    3)Quit smoking
    I used to love working security Phish and GD shows. I would volunteer to do security checks as they came in just so I could be able to "confiscate" marijuana that they try to bring in. At the end of a night, I would get like 40 joints and a bunch of weed as well.

The black security guards would sell the weed back in the hood and I would smoke my stuff
    4)Exercise

4dragons fixed it

Name:  OSA.png
Views: 277
Size:  1.34 MB

Comments

sonatine: honestly had to be said

Load Metric
    hold on here, forgive me because i'm new here. But.......IS THAT GOONIE LOOKIN' MOTHERFUCKER UP THERE ONE STEP!? THE THING THAT MAKES FUN OF ME FOR RIDING A BIKE..........

DUDE, AT LEAST I CAN RIDE A FUCKING BIKE. YOU WOULD PROBABLY DROP DEAD AFTER THE FIRST PEDAL ROTATION. YOU LOOK LIKE THE RETARD FROM THE GOONIES. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. ARE YOU SURE THE MONEY YOU BEG US TO GIVE YOU FOR YOUR TRIPS ISN'T SO YOU CAN PAY PROS TO FUCK YOU BECAUSE THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO WAY ANY HUMAN BEING COULD EVER WANT TO GO NEAR YOU FOR LESS THAN 5 FIGURES.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    I do.

2)Eat less fat food
    Saturday:

Burger with onion rings.

3)Quit smoking

4)Exercise

1st ballot

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was reading that article tine posted about Putin and Trump's press conferences and it revealed the major flaw. Conservative voters have a mental block that doesn't allow them to recognize facts from opinion, fantasy and lies.

All these years it baffled me that right wing voters would vote and campaign for total nonsense. I've finally solved it, they're not bad people, in their minds what they hear repeated most often becomes fact to them. Holy shit!

Right wingers watch this ten times thx.
    Bernie breaks down healthcare in one his best speeches ever.

Comments

Tellafriend: Go away.

SysOp: seriously dude you have a problem, i rarely neg rep but seriously

Load Metric
    and OSA takes yet another ass pounding

Comments

big dick: one of many

Diamond
    Load Metric

2)Eat less fat food

3)Quit smoking

4)Exercise

I find it funny that you are bringing attention to the cost of healthcare and how much it costs to get sick and treated and not the consequence of poor choices that lead you there.

I mean really, who the fuck cares if you are paying 2k or 12k a year when you have a fucking tube coming out of your chest and your entire family by your bed as you writhe in pain?

You must be so proud searching through my posts from years ago and finding times where I indulged.

1) Having a glass of wine is hardly a bad thing. In fact, coupled with exercise, a glass a day helps with capillary functions. I don't drink beer/liquor during weekdays and I get drunk about once a month.

2) Indulging in barbeque on my first trip to Vegas isn't a big deal, again. You are assuming that I eat like this every day. Cheat days are there for a reason. l am obviously not going to post my carrot-apple juices that I make from scratch on a weekly basis cause that isn't exciting, imo.

3) We can talk about how smoking marijuana isn't the same as smoking cigarettes. I hope you understand this.

4) I exercise 4-5x a week. I am currently on a 5 x 5 Strong lifts regime and run a 7:15 mile, while you probably finished a 32oz Big Gulp in the time it took you to write and research your post.

While I do not have an aesthetically looking physique yet, I haven't been sick in 15+ years and I would argue that I am in the top 20% in terms of overall health for my age.

Oh, and you can suck it from behind. Thanks.

Load Metric

2)Eat less fat food

3)Quit smoking

4)Exercise

You must be so proud searching through my posts from years ago and finding times where I indulged.

1) Having a glass of wine is hardly a bad thing. In fact, coupled with exercise, a glass a day helps with capillary functions. I don't drink beer/liquor during weekdays and I get drunk about once a month.

2) Indulging in barbeque on my first trip to Vegas isn't a big deal, again. You are assuming that I eat like this every day. Cheat days are there for a reason. l am obviously not going to post my carrot-apple juices that I make from scratch on a weekly basis cause that isn't exciting, imo.

3) We can talk about how smoking marijuana isn't the same as smoking cigarettes. I hope you understand this.

4) I exercise 4-5x a week. I am currently on a 5 x 5 Strong lifts regime and run a 7:15 mile, while you probably finished a 32oz Big Gulp in the time it took you to write and research your post.

While I do not have an aesthetically looking physique yet, I haven't been sick in 15+ years and I would argue that I am in the top 20% in terms of overall health for my age.

Is that seriously a picture of you? Even if you got down to 4% body fat you would still be hideously ugly.

Comments

OSA: YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK FROM BEHIND TOO MOTHER FUCKER

vegas1369: Truth be told

Corrigan: lol

Load Metric
    Don't worry OSA. Once Trumpcare is in effect your gay sinning ass will no longer be supported by straight males. You are the reason Druff can't sleep at night because of his premiums.

According to the International Journal of Epidemiology, life expectancy at age 20 for homosexual and bisexual men is eight to 20 years less than for all men. That’s a lifestyle shortening of life expectancy greater than obesity and tobacco use. Yet one never hears of insurance companies advertising lower premiums for heterosexual men.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/profes...rance-premiums

Comments

big dick: lolz oh my

OSA: Just shitted on your face.

vegas1369: Ha

Load Metric

2)Eat less fat food

3)Quit smoking

4)Exercise

If you were 83 sure Id agree you look ok.

Gold
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=OSA;622447]

Keep lying to yourself. Anyone with a bulging gut has Type 2 diabetes or will have it shortly. Sperm has fructose (sugar) in it. I think that is the source of your big belly.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Don't worry OSA. Once Trumpcare is in effect your gay sinning ass will no longer be supported by straight males. You are the reason Druff can't sleep at night because of his premiums.

According to the International Journal of Epidemiology, life expectancy at age 20 for homosexual and bisexual men is eight to 20 years less than for all men. That’s a lifestyle shortening of life expectancy greater than obesity and tobacco use. Yet one never hears of insurance companies advertising lower premiums for heterosexual men.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/profes...rance-premiums

I have already surpassed so many statistics that could have been used against me. I suggest you look up what prEP is.

Oh and here you go...

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/6/1499.full

Over the past few months we have learnt of a number of reports regarding a paper we published in the International Journal of Epidemiology on the gay and bisexual life expectancy in Vancouver in the late 1980s and early 1990s.1 From these reports it appears that our research is being used by select groups in US2 and Finland3 to suggest that gay and bisexual men live an unhealthy lifestyle that is destructive to themselves and to others. These homophobic groups appear more interested in restricting the human rights of gay and bisexuals rather than promoting their health and well being.

In contrast, if we were to repeat this analysis today the life expectancy of gay and bisexual men would be greatly improved. Deaths from HIV infection have declined dramatically in this population since 1996. As we have previously reported there has been a threefold decrease in mortality in Vancouver as well as in other parts of British Columbia.4

Want to point out you are quoting a study from 20+ years ago based on data from 30 years ago, IN ANOTHER FUCKING COUNTRY. Awful. Just awful.

Medication is IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE right now with prEP and who knows what will happen in 20 years from now.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

If you had a little brother, I would fuck him in the corner and make you towel me off after.

Load Metric

If you had a little brother, I would fuck him in the corner and make you towel me off after.
    Even if he was gay he would not nail your ass that is for sure.
    Last edited by big dick; 01-13-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Even if he was gay he would not nail you're ass that is for sure.

Nah, he would be moaning 'Daddy' as I shoot my warm load.

Comments

vegas1369: Only in your dreams cock monger

Thread Information