Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great news about the Obamacare disaster

Load Metric

Great news about the Obamacare disaster

Man awesome news folks! So FINALLY we are getting rid of Obamacare aka Affordable Care Act!

From now on, every single cent of your health care costs will come from ... wait for it... a Health Savings Account!

Now as if that sexy bitch right there wasnt enough, heres the really great part: all the money in that HSA... IS YOURS! Its all your money, every God blessed cent of it.

And to show you that President Ryan has your best interests at heart, hes going to even let you defer money into your HSA PRE-TAX!!!!1

So while total gomers like me end up putting pretty much every cent we want pre-tax into 401k's and suffering the indignity of total health coverage with like literally $30 copays or some pussy shit, you lucky winners not only get to do the same, but you get to spend it all on your own medical costs however your Christ fearing hearts desire.

Republicans of PFA, I salute you on this, the day of you finally being able to control YOUR medical care exactly how YOU want it!

L'CHAYIM!!!!!

Comments

FPS_Russia: Real death panels this time, maga!

big dick: God dam you are good
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Also this news being released on the eve of an ultra-trending report about Trump being a degenerate piss freak is totally coincidental. Lets get that clear right now.

Comments

Henry: that's about as clear as trump's early morning piss. which is to say, 'entirely murky'.

Shizzmoney: russian teen piss rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  images.png
Views: 617
Size:  7.6 KB

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. noose yourself.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    I think Trump made up the golden showers stuff and leaked it so nobody would pay attention to this.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Cue more medical cost-induced personal bankruptcies filings.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Only pussies go to the Doctor.

#MAGA

Comments

MumblesBadly: Are you an ignorant 20-something???

lewfather: i believe this dupe to be a parody

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. hang or shoot yourself.

Load Metric
    Trumptard doesn't understand that repealing 'Obamacare' means he will no longer have health insurance under the ACA.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 482
Size:  1,019.5 KB

Comments

sonatine: so you think /pol/ wrote the piss dox but think this is real. you sure youre not republican?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Cue more medical cost-induced personal bankruptcies filings.

And mortgage defaults, btw.

Sound familiar?

Comments

MumblesBadly: I never commented one way or another about the piss dox!

OSA: mortgage? real stretch

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pre-Affordable Care Act I paid $350/mo to cover me and my wife on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy. Quite happy.

When the ACA arrived, that policy was no longer offered and I had to select from the Marketplace. A similar plan was $880/mo. That increased to $990/mo and then $1,100/mo last year. The plan as not even accepted at most doctors/hospitals and those that did accept it had some of the lowest ratings in our area.

This year I decided to give the VA a try. It can't be worse and costs little to nothing as we're both Armed Forces veterans. Healthcare provider rates have gotten insane since the ACA was put into place. Anything has got to be better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    Pre-Affordable Care Act I paid $350/mo to cover me and my wife on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy. Quite happy.

When the ACA arrived, that policy was no longer offered and I had to select from the Marketplace. A similar plan was $880/mo. That increased to $990/mo and then $1,100/mo last year. The plan as not even accepted at most doctors/hospitals and those that did accept it had some of the lowest ratings in our area.

This year I decided to give the VA a try. It can't be worse and costs little to nothing as we're both Armed Forces veterans. Healthcare provider rates have gotten insane since the ACA was put into place. Anything has got to be better.
    This was my experience. as well.

At the end of 2013 I was paying $172 per month for health care. Now I am paying over $500 per month, and far fewer doctors accept my plan.

They have also been pricing me out of the lower plans. In 2014 and 2015 I had the lowest-tier "bronze" plans (mostly catastrophic), but by 2016 they degraded the benefits so badly (and raised the price) that I would have been foolish not to pay for the Silver plan. So I did.

Now in 2017, they raised the Silver plan's prices so much that, again, it's not cost-effective to keep. Now I'm on a Gold.

Well played.

BTW the doctor acceptance is not tied to which type of plan you have. Platinum (highest) has the same list of doctors as Bronze (lowest) for each insurance company on the ACA.

The common idiot response I get is, "Well, buy a more expensive plan so more doctors take it!"

That's not how it works. All you can do is switch companies and hope for a little bit better.

Load Metric
    I say this with total sincerity; I hope anyone fucked over by ACA is able to get the help they need under Ryancare.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Man awesome news folks! So FINALLY we are getting rid of Obamacare aka Affordable Care Act!

From now on, every single cent of your health care costs will come from ... wait for it... a Health Savings Account!

Now as if that sexy bitch right there wasnt enough, heres the really great part: all the money in that HSA... IS YOURS! Its all your money, every God blessed cent of it.

And to show you that President Ryan has your best interests at heart, hes going to even let you defer money into your HSA PRE-TAX!!!!1

So while total gomers like me end up putting pretty much every cent we want pre-tax into 401k's and suffering the indignity of total health coverage with like literally $30 copays or some pussy shit, you lucky winners not only get to do the same, but you get to spend it all on your own medical costs however your Christ fearing hearts desire.

Republicans of PFA, I salute you on this, the day of you finally being able to control YOUR medical care exactly how YOU want it!

L'CHAYIM!!!!!

Where are you getting this? Link please.

Load Metric

I was paying $100 a month, now im paying $245 a month, fucking ridiculous.

Comments

Load Metric
    Check your pms druff.

Comments

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

I was paying $100 a month, now im paying $245 a month, fucking ridiculous.
    the entire system needs to be overhauled

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am (and always have been) for subsidized coverage for people who can't afford or qualify for individual health care.

Any Republican who advocates just leaving these people out in the cold is an asshole.

With that said, Obamacare was a complete mess, and I say this as someone who actually came into it with an open mind, and then experienced the fiasco firsthand.

It was poorly implemented and fundamentally flawed.

One of the biggest problems is the fact that it's a shell game regarding cost. Coming into 2014, there were 3 major issues in US health care:

1) Extremely high cost
    2) "Black box" billing method -- nearly impossible to find out how much things cost before getting them done
    3) Many could not afford or qualify for individual health care

Obamacare fixed #3, but ignored #1 and #2. Then it also broke the existing individual health care system, creating new problems (poor doctor coverage, high premiums, high deductibles).

Sorry, but that's no achievement, as much as Obama and friends want you to believe it was.

The entire system needs to be overhauled and changed. Hopefully Trump and his associates won't simply find a different way to play the shell game.

The current medical billing system is a disaster in so many ways.

It needs to work more like traditional insurance. Right now it works more like an unlimited pass at an amusement park. You pay a fixed rate and can use it as much as you want (once you get past your deductible), and the bill is paid by someone else (the insurance company).

There is little-to-no incentive for the patient to control costs. And even when the patient tries to control costs (by understanding the costs of tests/procedures beforehand), he often can't, as it's difficult or impossible to find out what these things will cost until after they're done.

The "preferred provider" thing is BS, and should be illegal. It's outrageous that a doctor will charge as much as 20 times more for someone with a certain insurance company versus someone on another company (or one who isn't insured at all). That's not how insurance works in any other industry.

It should be far simpler.

Except in true emergencies, the patient should get an estimate of charges BEFORE having anything done, listing what his insurance will pay and what he will pay. This can easily be done in 2017, given our technological state. The auto repair industry has done this for decades.

Insurance should pay a certain amount for each type of test or procedure, and then it's up to each individual doctor what he will charge above that. This will create competition. If you want to go to one of the best doctors, he will charge more (above the insurance payment). Other doctors will charge less in an effort to attract more patients, just as there are cheap and expensive options in every other industry. There should be no more two-tiered pricing models. Everyone will pay the same price for the same doctor, and it will only be a matter of how much their insurance pays. They can still have in-network and out-of-network, but this will only affect the amount paid by insurance, not the actual price.

Furthermore, rates should be somewhat tied to your usage of your health insurance, similar to how your auto insurance rates go up from at-fault accidents. Right now, a sick billionaire will be the same rates as a healthy guy the same age who makes $85k/year, and that's bullshit. There needs to be some sort of system to where those who use their insurance more (i.e. the sick ones) pay more, at least up to a reasonable amount and perhaps tied to income, with again the government subsidizing the difference for people who can't afford it.

Deductibles should go away. They disproportionately punish those with minor/moderate health issues, in favor of those who have major issues. When I broke 3 ribs in 2014 and had the symptoms of a damaged spleen (which was tested via CT Scan but revealed to be okay), it cost me about $6000. That same $6000 would have been the bill for someone requiring millions of dollars worth of treatments or surgeries. That's ridiculous.

We need to get away from this idea that a sick person (even a rich one) should have essentially the same health care costs as a healthy person. We also need to provide some disincentive to run to the doctor for every little issue simply because insurance foots all or most of the bill.

And I say this as a guy who doesn't go to the doctor unless I really think it's necessary, because I think extraneous doctor visits are a poor use of time and money, and in fact often result in dangerous misdiagnoses or overtreatments.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Lots of interesting ponts, but disagree about deductibles.

Load Metric
    oh also a cornerstone of Ryancare is defunding Planned Parenthood.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Now that the reinsurance provided by the government to the insurance companies is going away obamacare was going to go basically bankrupt.

Why do you think so many health insurance companies bailed this year.

No idea how to fix it.

Load Metric
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politi...macare-repeal/

lol psyche they repealed it without even offering a replacement.

Load Metric
    Drink grape juice and eat raw garlic.

Avoid Obamacare.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Thread Information