Thread: 'International Stadiums Poker Tour' new website

Bronze
    Load Metric

'International Stadiums Poker Tour' new website

http://www.ispt.com/en/

What do you guys make of this?

I understand Group Bernard Tapie are behind the event. It'll almost certainly fail in similar fashion to their Full Tilt buy-out in my opinion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post

I understand Group Bernard Tapie are behind the event. It'll almost certainly fail in similar fashion to their Full Tilt buy-out in my opinion.
    30,000 players?! And no internet qualifiers from the US. I just can't see it.

What has been the biggest WSOP field?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryQQQ View Post

30,000 players?! And no internet qualifiers from the US. I just can't see it.

What has been the biggest WSOP field?
    the buy-in is only like 700 Euros I believe, so it's not out of the question... still, the whole thing seems like a logistical nightmare to me
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    get people to register for something like this, and you have just farmed a shitload of poker players and their personal info, to which you can promote your other poker shit in the future.

Load Metric
    Tapei is a very shady character but the idea is interesting.

30000 people sitting in the stands at wembley stadium playing online poker would be crazy, i will play this if i am in the uk at the time for sure !

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It's a sick enterprise for degenerates to paticipate in.

Name:  ispt.png
Views: 423
Size:  21.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    It's a sick enterprise for degenerates to paticipate in.

Name:  ispt.png
Views: 423
Size:  21.2 KB

If that's not indicative of the success of this event, I don't know what is.

Load Metric
    I think that this is a worse idea than the prop final table idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This thread should be insta-shipped to the scams, scandals and shadiness forum.

Everything about the ISPT just smacks of total fail.

Firstly, the gig is being run by Bernard Tapie. It's hard to think of an outfit in the poker world on which so much expectation has heaped, for them to so spectacularly fail to deliver.

Tapie seems to think Wembley Stadium has a retractable roof. NO IT DOESN'T. It has a partly retractable roof that covers the seating area only. How is this going to work when they set the 3000 punters on the turf at Wembley and it starts raining? It doesn't rain in London in June right? That's one fucking big gazebo they will need!

I've played poker tourneys in London. Anything over a £25 buy-in and you'll struggle to see more than 60 runners at most venues. 30,000 runners at €700? I can't see it - they'll have to run a hell of a lot of satellites to get the planned number of runners.

The first event, running 31 May to 6 June will almost certainly coincide with the first 2 weeks of the WSOP, removing some of the potential player pool.

The website claims 2119 "registrated" players. But if you click to "paticipate", registration is "comming" soon. Maybe they use the Micon method of inflating visitor numbers.

Let's think about the 30,000 online players sat in the stands playing down to 3,000 on the "digital computers". How is this ever going to work? Do you bring your own laptop or do they provide the kit? Are they going to buy/rent 30,000 ipads or netbooks for the event? Last time I was at Wembley, were the stands brimming with power sockets and ethernet ports? Er, no. There's just plastic seats bolted to a concrete floor. 30,000 users on wireless or 3G? Ain't gonna happen.

And before any of this, the hire of Wembley stadium for a full week must be in the range of a £1m-£2m outlay.

So here's the clincher. It can't make money. It's the Epic Poker League all over again. Here's my prediction - they'll take everyone's money and pull the event around about 22nd May 2013. Think you'll see your €700 entry fee again? Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Name:  laptop-hoodie.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  64.2 KB

this might come in handy while playing since you have to play on your own laptop to start

Thread Information