Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie is Leaving the Ship in Singapore, and Just Got An Epic Beatdown in His Performance Evaluation

Banned
    Load Metric

Willie is Leaving the Ship in Singapore, and Just Got An Epic Beatdown in His Performance Evaluation

Well after debating whether or not to drop the hammer on our Honduran friend Willie, I thought about everything that has transpired over the last 8 weeks with this chimp, and decided 'screw it', submitting the following performance appraisal to the captain, as well as the director of personnel operations at the corporate office.

Willie is getting off the vessel in less than 48 hours, but I seriously doubt he'll be returning to this ship

Adios motherfucker

-------------------

December 20th 2016
    Attn: Captain XXXX XXXXX
    CC: Director, Operations Integrity
    RE: Assistant Cook/Utility 'Willie'

Dear Captain,

As per our conversation, I'm attaching this review of my assistant cook/utility Willie, in addition to his performance appraisal submitted that was provided by the company.

As I mentioned, its necessary to document several incidents I personally observed regarding Willie over the course of the last (8) weeks which aren't included in the aforementioned document.

The assessment I submitted on other various aspects of his job performance are accurate, fair, and unbiased, however the specific items I want to discuss concern his general demeanor and attitude, which have been noted on his performance appraisal as 'unsatisfactory'.

Before I proceed, I'd like to clarify for the record that Willie's overall performance in terms of his assigned duties, punctuality, food handling abilities etc as indicated on my review, were for the most part, 'satisfactory'. The main issue I had concern his volatile temper and multiple outbursts.

The motivating factor for deciding to submit this footnote was simply to illustrate certain instances where he demonstrated hostile, in subordinate, violent, and even threatening behavior. I harbor no personal grudge against Willie, and debated whether or not to even submit this letter, but after careful deliberation, ultimately decided it was necessary.

Despite his job performance, I found these episodes to be disturbing, and felt it was important to pass on the relevant details to yourself, and the appropriate channels at the corporate office.

1) On or about November 15th 2016 shortly after a very busy lunch, Willie flew into a rage and suddenly began throwing and kicking various items in the dry storeroom, apparently agitated because the galley floor had been scattered with a few food particles.

2) On Thanksgiving morning, during my holiday meal prep, I asked Willie to use a decorative leaf lettuce wrap on the serving bowl of a crab salad he was going to include on the salad bar. His response was simply, 'No, I'm not doing that'. I was surprised at his blatant refusal, not sure exactly how to respond, opting to complete the task myself without further comment.

3) On or about December 5th after being instructed not to use the garbage disposal by the Chief Engineer due to mechanical problems, the 'wet trash' bucket was full to the brim after breakfast and lunch. When Willie picked up the bucket realizing it was very heavy, he again flew into a rage screaming obscenities, and cursed me out directly for not instructing him to dump it earlier.

4) On December 17th while preparing for breakfast, I realized we were out of paper towels stored in the galley and asked him, 'Willie, do you know where the paper towels are ?' and he flat out ignored me. I repeated it a 2nd time, 'Willie, do you know where the paper towels are?' and again, he ignored my question. The 3rd time I asked him, he instantly charged into the end of the galley where I was working, putting his body and face within a foot of mine, and started literally screaming 'do not f**k with me !' at the top of his lungs pointing his finger within an inch of my face. I chose to walk away rather than to risk escalating the situation and risking physical injury.

Since the most recent episode (item 4), we have not exchanged a single word, primarily because I felt threatened by from what I can tell, are serious rage and anger management issues.

His reluctance to take direction, suggestions, or adhere to my requests made it impossible to communicate, and I decided it was best not to engage him at all.

As a department head, I chose not to bring these incidents to the forefront earlier simply because I knew Willie was scheduled to depart the vessel in Singapore on 12/24 and opted instead to focus my attention on meals, provisions, inventory, menu preparation, and other components that define my position and responsibilities aboard this vessel.

I completely understand that after several months on board a ship, crewmembers tempers can flare to a certain degree. But specifically in Willie's case after being threatened and cursed at on multiple occasions, I found his behavior, temper tantrums, and hostile attitude completely unacceptable, and felt compelled to relay my thoughts in detail for future consideration.

Regards,

MC

Chief Steward

Comments

Henry: ha

Gordman: HOF

cmoney: MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS WILLIE. NEXT TIME TAKE OUT THE TRASH YOU WORTHLESS SCUM BAG!!!!!

thesidedish: WILLIE GOT F'N CRUSHED

Load Metric
    Internet streaming boxing match obv
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    we may have different political views but you are still one of my favorite posters on pfa.
    Fuck willie
    oh wait you already did....

Load Metric
    People can say what they want about jewdonk but he lives an interesting fucking life. The stories and places he's been.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

4) On December 17th while preparing for breakfast, I realized we were out of paper towels stored in the galley and asked him, 'Willie, do you know where the paper towels are ?' and he flat out ignored me. I repeated it a 2nd time, 'Willie, do you know where the paper towels are?' and again, he ignored my question. The 3rd time I asked him, he instantly charged into the end of the galley where I was working, putting his body and face within a foot of mine, and started literally screaming 'do not f**k with me !' at the top of his lungs pointing his finger within an inch of my face. I chose to walk away rather than to risk escalating the situation and risking physical injury.

What about this question made him so mad?

He sounds like a hothead.

Comments

tyde: Didn't say a damn thing other than asking him where the paper towels were. Dude just snapped with rage in his eyes

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Feliz Navidad Muchacho!

Load Metric
    Lol. When the powerless get a little power!

Comments

Tellafriend: This. Reminds me of the receptionists whose only power is to turn away solicitors.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I think you should of linked all of the PFA threads about this to the captain .
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    SK I realize that Willie is your fellow hispanic and all, but let me make something perfectly clear so your brain can comprehend it.

I don't give a fuck about the 'power' element of being a supervisor and/or department head. In fact, as far as I'm concerned its a huge distraction from the ability to do my job successfully. Dealing with a total Muppet like Willie proves my point.

The idea that I'm some kind of power hungry asshole is comical. I just happen to take pride in my job and first and foremost, my #1 priority is to deliver a quality product.

I never provoked Willie...not even close. The guy was just a lowlife Honduran piece of shit with anger issues, who resented the fact that a skinny suburban white boy like me was his boss.

I was more than nice to him, always making an attempt to be friendly...not once did I ever try to throw my weight around. In fact, I never asked him to do shit, let alone order him around like my subordinate.

I almost didn't deliver that letter to the captain, but the more I thought about what a hostile, insubordinate asshole he was, the easier it was for me to follow through with it.

fuck Willie. I hope he never gets another job with this company ever again. He deserves every word I wrote in my evaluation.
    Last edited by tyde; 12-22-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Load Metric
    willie is god /thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    willie is god /thread

Willie

How could you?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Provided young Martin is telling us the full story here, I feel he is in the right in this situation.

Comments

LarryLaffer: FOUR:TWENTY A.M. POST REP

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Provided young Martin is telling us the full story here, I feel he is in the right in this situation.
    I could do without the condescending 'young Martin' part of this post considering I am your elder, but let me be clear.

I don't like the notion of drawing attention to myself via writing a scathing letter like that, and as I said, I considered not even delivering it to the captain. But after a lengthy conversation with him about the circumstances and nature of the episodes I mentioned, he urged me to follow through, and assured me my assessment of Willie would remain confidential between the captain, corporate office, and myself. Willie will never even see it.

But despite all that, last night I gave it a lot of thought, considering just dropping the whole thing and 'moving on'..but after remembering how belligerent and hostile Willie was toward me, I started to get pissed off, and arrived at the conclusion it was the prudent thing to do. I was very careful to be as professional as possible about every facet of this experience.

Also, I picked my brain trying to come up with a single example of how I may have provoked or agitated him in any way, and couldn't come up with anything.

Not once did I ever order him around or be rude to him in any way, which made it a lot easier to move forward delivering my assessment.

I assure you there is nothing I omitted from the sequence of events, and each one of the episodes itemized in my letter were written without malice or bias.

But this prick created a hostile environment in a controlled working space, and refused to take any kind of direction whatsoever making a very hard job that much harder for me.

Yes, I resent that very much.

fuck Willie

Comments

spennywins: respek your elders Todd

Load Metric
    I think you should tell druff to get fucked for talking down to you with that young martin shit

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I think you should tell druff to get fucked for talking down to you with that young martin shit
    Not surprising he makes a snide remark despite the fact I haven't trolled him a single time since being 'allowed' to post content on this shithole.

I've requested this thread be removed immediately

Load Metric
    Willie will never know. Unless he joins PFA.

Load Metric
    Dear Willie

Load Metric
    Young Martin has a nice ring to it.

Type can you get Jasep hired in the kitchen?

Load Metric
    As you suggest, there must be a lot of angry sailors. When I used to watch that crab boating show, the captains just pounded anyone who got out of line by yelling at them and throwing them off the boat. Is that the same on these bigger cargo boats with crew members? What would happen to a typical crew member if they acted like this?

As usual, you are a gifted writer. I don't think a single story you have ever posted isn't fascinating. Including HR issues with assistant cooks no less!
    Last edited by Charham; 12-22-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    SK I realize that Willie is your fellow hispanic and all, but let me make something perfectly clear so your brain can comprehend it.

I don't give a fuck about the 'power' element of being a supervisor and/or department head. In fact, as far as I'm concerned its a huge distraction from the ability to do my job successfully. Dealing with a total Muppet like Willie proves my point.

The idea that I'm some kind of power hungry asshole is comical. I just happen to take pride in my job and first and foremost, my #1 priority is to deliver a quality product.

I never provoked Willie...not even close. The guy was just a lowlife Honduran piece of shit with anger issues, who resented the fact that a skinny suburban white boy like me was his boss.

I was more than nice to him, always making an attempt to be friendly...not once did I ever try to throw my weight around. In fact, I never asked him to do shit, let alone order him around like my subordinate.

I almost didn't deliver that letter to the captain, but the more I thought about what a hostile, insubordinate asshole he was, the easier it was for me to follow through with it.

fuck Willie. I hope he never gets another job with this company ever again. He deserves every word I wrote in my evaluation.
    Didn't you guys hug it out and you felt like he was on board with what you're doing?

Thread Information