Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB that will win a Super bowl

Load Metric

QB that will win a Super bowl

Had an interesting conversation today with a football sharp that I trust. Who in the NFL that had not already won a super bowl (Brady, Big Ben, Flaco, Wilson, Eli) will win one in his career.

Load Metric
    Prescott, Luck, Winston
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    a QB who hasn't won one? gimmie carr...think McKenzie has done a great job building that team up...carr has a legit #1 WR in cooper, crabtree is a great #2 if he can maintain his form that he is on right now...I think the run game could be good enough to win (Washington/Richard are two good dual threat guys and latavius is decent enough)...mack is obviously a stud and I think their two starting CBs grade out pretty well on PFF...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Prescott, Luck, Winston
    hasn't grigson fucked that team up beyond belief? know last year their O line almost got luck killed and don't know if they have gotten any better since last year...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    a QB who hasn't won one? gimmie carr...think McKenzie has done a great job building that team up...carr has a legit #1 WR in cooper, crabtree is a great #2 if he can maintain his form that he is on right now...I think the run game could be good enough to win (Washington/Richard are two good dual threat guys and latavius is decent enough)...mack is obviously a stud and I think their two starting CBs grade out pretty well on PFF...
    I would bet on Carr bringing a title to the Las Vegas Raiders. But we'll see how well they can keep that team together after Mack and Carr start making serious money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Had an interesting conversation today with a football sharp that I trust. Who in the NFL that had not already won a super bowl (Brady, Big Ben, Flaco, Wilson, Eli) will win one in his career.
    Brees should be on that list....I think Alex Smith, the guy finds a way to win. Definitely Carr after him.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Banned
    Load Metric
    Carr, Dak

Sorry Stafford.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Brees should be on that list....I think Alex Smith, the guy finds a way to win. Definitely Carr after him.
    Drew Brees played great in the 2009/2010 Super Bowl against the Colts and won. The game swung when the Saints opened the second half with the ballsiest onside kick ever, which hit Hank Baskett in the face and was recovered by the Saints.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I would bet on Carr bringing a title to the Las Vegas Raiders. But we'll see how well they can keep that team together after Mack and Carr start making serious money.
    good call on that one...add cooper to that list too...

they have a fairly small window to do all this shit in unless McKenzie finds more value through the draft...think carr and mack will be eligible for the big money in 2 years and cooper in 3...probably coincides with crabtree being towards his peak before he starts to decline...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All depends on the system. Even people like Kapernick and Rex Grossman got a chance to play for a ring but failed.

I can't put Dak up there with the greats yet and nobody should but he is in as good of a spot as it gets.

This is a different train of thought here to some extent but also can be relative so I will put it in here. Earlier today watching Brees just breeze on by the Cardinals I was thinking what if he actually had a team that played good defense over the years? Yes he did get a ring but probably should have more.

The Saints defense has been an embarrassment in the NFL for years now. They win some games here and there versus shitty offenses or because Brees puts up sick stats where they win the shootout.

In a different situation Brees might win 5 MVP awards and be competing with Brady for rings. I'm not saying Brees is better then Brady but what if he was the QB under the Belichick system instead of Brady? What if the Saints teams over the years actually had average to above average defenses where would that team be?

Load Metric
    Prescott for sure. I think Luck too. Mariota.

Load Metric
    Prescott, Luck, Winston
    hasn't grigson fucked that team up beyond belief? know last year their O line almost got luck killed and don't know if they have gotten any better since last year...
    Their line is an embarrassment but I am hoping they will bring in a better GM who can improve their line and their defense and finally let a Luck fulfill his potential.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    All depends on the system. Even people like Kapernick and Rex Grossman got a chance to play for a ring but failed.

I can't put Dak up there with the greats yet and nobody should but he is in as good of a spot as it gets.

This is a different train of thought here to some extent but also can be relative so I will put it in here. Earlier today watching Brees just breeze on by the Cardinals I was thinking what if he actually had a team that played good defense over the years? Yes he did get a ring but probably should have more.

The Saints defense has been an embarrassment in the NFL for years now. They win some games here and there versus shitty offenses or because Brees puts up sick stats where they win the shootout.

In a different situation Brees might win 5 MVP awards and be competing with Brady for rings. I'm not saying Brees is better then Brady but what if he was the QB under the Belichick system instead of Brady? What if the Saints teams over the years actually had average to above average defenses where would that team be?
    There is a lot of truth in your post. The Patriots are .700 when Brady has been out.

I like Pats & Cowboys in Super Bowl mostly for the hype and America's love/hate of both teams. Maybe Dak answers the question this season.

Jason Garrett always has the deer in the headlights look that makes him look stupid. Maybe it's the ginger look too. Between Garrett and the plastic surgery tycoon Jerry Jones you feel that the Cowboys will choke to the experience of Belichick.

It truly amazes me the Cowboys have succeeded as they have so far. In my mind it is a tribute to just how talented they are. Talent only gets you so far, lol.

Name:  IMG_0355.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  29.5 KB

Watching the Cowboys game last night the thing I enjoyed the most was finally learning that Dak Peterson relies on Mark Sanchez for advice. Walks right the fuck past Tony Romo and his useless clipboard of doodles. Absolutely priceless. All is not right there regardless of the words they speak. Something will crack. I would get Romo out of town ASAP.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-19-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Prescott, Luck, Winston
    endorse
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Prescott, Luck, Winston
    endorse
    If the Falcons can continue to improve on defense then have to throw Matt Ryan into the discussion as their offense is lethal this year.

Also even though they suck this year and most people hate him have to mention Cam Newton too. He played for one last year.

Comments

OSA: matt ryan will never win one just like rivers

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Prescott (+400) - The perfect window to win a SB is when your QB is on a rookie contract or in the first couple years of a new deal where cap number is still low. Problem for the Cowboys is their cap is a complete disaster and that "window" is probably 2 yrs instead of 5. No rookie QB has ever won a SB, so forget abut this year. BUT....he has the offensive pieces in place and if they can throw together an even average defense next few years he has a damn good shot.

Carr - (+550) Are the Raiders "back"? Who knows but it seems like they have a damn good QB. Once again the defense is a mess sans Mack, and the roster still has a long way to go to get a Lombardi if I had to guess. His ideal window on his rookie deal coincides with the Patriots doing everything possible to keep winning in Brady's last few years, so it is going to be an uphill battle. Another good draft of two could change things, but it needs to happen fast before he gets too expensive.

Mariota - (+650) - Looks to be a good young QB but plays for a franchise that just doesn't seem to have what it takes to put together a few deep runs so one pays off in next few years. They play in an atrocious division and while record is good, they would get smoked in playoffs. Roster pretty iffy, although they do have a bunch of high picks next year

Winston - (+750) - Another promising young QB that plays for a franchise that will do very little to help him out along the way. Tampa Bay is a notoriously poorly run franchise with shit owners, so he is probably a long shot. Their GM (who I have never fucking heard of in my life) decided to use a 2nd rd pick on a damn kicker, so he won't be there very ling I am guessing.

Cousins - (+900) - This is a tough one because I actually think the QB has the talent to do it at some point. But...Dan Snyder. No one can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and fuck up a situation like that guy. Counting on that midget to lead an organization to the promised land is like asking the Kardashians to stop fucking NBA players for a day.

Luck - (+950) - Ah the golden boy for all the rubes like monger who still think this guy in the next Peyton Manning. And his salary will be skyrocketing real soon on an absolutely ATROCIOUS roster. A complete upheaval is coming real fast with the head coach and Grigson gone, so it is going to be starting all over again. That said, he still has more talent than all the other guys mentioned but it seems like that potential could easily go to waste as not only will they have a roster to rebuild, they will have a massive QB salary to add in to the mix as another impediment.

Ryan - (+1000) - Probably the most talented QB of the group but it always seems like the Falcons find a way to fuck it up year after year. Haven't even been close in 8 years since he was drafted, so again the organizational structure and leadership is a problem apparently. All those regular season numbers don't mean shit if you can't bring it in January. It better happen soon though or pressure will be ratcheted up.

A. Smith (+2500) - Another guy getting u there in age and the question has always been can you really game manage your way to a championship? You can but literally every single thing has to go right around you, and the odds of that happening in today's NFL are pretty slim. Outside shot but not looking good.

Cam - (+3000) - History has shown that wile the "dual threat" QB gets on the highlight reels, gets the commercials, and dresses like a complete fool, that you neeed to be able to win from the pocket to win a SB. Cam has not shown that to date and may nver will. But there is a sliver of potential there if he can put it "all" together like he did recently. But that might have been his best shot.

Stafford (+4500) - The Lions winning a Super Bowl? Yeah right. They will have to pay Stafford 25m a year after this season, which makes it all the more difficult. He still has about 8 years of good football left so anything is possible, but I am not putting my money on the Loins building a SB winner in that span. Or maybe ever.

Tannehill - (+5500) - Again a decent QB but a guy who will need a lot of things around him to go right in order to win it all. With that ownership, lack of passion from fans down there......uphill battle IMO. Another really long shot.

Dalton (+6000) - Andy has shown that he folds like a cheap tent when it matters most and their owner is so fucking cheap he cares more about making money than winning championships. (See Lewis, Marvin). They actually had one of the most talented rosters the past 2 years but wasted it. They took some hits and now appear to be on the downside after that brief window of massive roster talent. Brutal division with not only 1 but 2 perennial contenders.

Rivers - (+8000)
    - He is living on borrowed time, and with management that is terrible in every way possible. If he hasn't sniffed one by now he never will.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Breakdown Rep

Tellafriend: Cam & Winston

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mariotta

Luck

Carr

Dak

EDIT- COUSINS possibly

Maybe Alex Smith this year or next

( NO ON WINSTON and CAM)

And 100 % Tebow/thread

Comments

Muck Ficon: Tebow rep

simpdog: Tebow rep

herbertstemple: Tebow truly is god rep.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Prescott (+400) - The perfect window to win a SB is when your QB is on a rookie contract or in the first couple years of a new deal where cap number is still low. Problem for the Cowboys is their cap is a complete disaster and that "window" is probably 2 yrs instead of 5. No rookie QB has ever won a SB, so forget abut this year. BUT....he has the offensive pieces in place and if they can throw together an even average defense next few years he has a damn good shot.
    hasn't the cowboys cap situation become a little bit better in recent years since jerry has stopped spending like a drunken sailor trying to fuck as many hookers as possible? or was it just that bad to begin with?

cousins should be further down the list...lol Snyder...the new jerry jones...

would love to see rivers win one...for some reason love his brand of crazy...

Load Metric
    Its gotta be Alex Smith.

The guy that was traded by SF to make way for Colin Kaepernick? That's an ugly trivia question to be the answer of. Pulling for this guy. And safety Eric Berry had cancer and came back to play.

Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    hasn't the cowboys cap situation become a little bit better in recent years since jerry has stopped spending like a drunken sailor trying to fuck as many hookers as possible? or was it just that bad to begin with?

cousins should be further down the list...lol Snyder...the new jerry jones...

would love to see rivers win one...for some reason love his brand of crazy...
    The cap situation is getting better but they are really still a year away from being able to operate like a normal franchise, and make the saavy FA moves you need to get you over the top. 2017 will see a glimmer of hope but 2018 is when they should be in a LOT better shape. That will give them that 2-3 year window to really put it all together while Dak is still cheap....but with more experience.

Thread Information