Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comcast truck blocks roads in Indianpolis, car crashes ensue

Load Metric

Comcast truck blocks roads in Indianpolis, car crashes ensue

http://fox59.com/2016/12/14/video-of...-about-safety/

NDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The commute quickly turned dangerous Tuesday as snow arrived later in the morning.

The poor visibility and snowfall made it difficult for drivers to get around, and there were several crashes reported on area roads and interstates.

A video making the rounds on the internet shows some of the problems around Indianapolis’ west side. Posted by user “Amish Hacker,” the video ended up on Reddit’s front page, where it has more than 6,500 comments. The video has more than 111,000 views on YouTube.

The problems started with a Comcast cable box in the 8300 block of West Morris Street that needed repairs after a vehicle slid off the road and hit it, according to the video description. A Comcast truck arrived to make repairs to the box and parked in the right lane. The repairman placed cones behind the truck.

However, the road is icy, and drivers swerved and slid off when they saw the truck. The man recording the video asked the worker if he could possibly place more cones behind the truck so drivers had more warning.

The worker said he had a couple more cones but never put them out. While slideoffs and crashes piled up, the worker didn’t change his procedures. A second worker then arrived at the scene and is asked about the problem.

From the video description:

He blew me off because he ‘had a job to do.’ Minutes later there was a crash because of the blocked lane. Multiple people were placed in danger. Even after the accident happened in front of them, they continued to work not changing any of their ‘safety’ procedures. They showed ZERO concern for the safety of people before or after the accidents.

Comcast received a slew of comments about the video on Facebook and Twitter, responding to those expressing their concerns with a message saying they were looking into it.

“Thank you for contacting us,” the company’s Twitter account replied to one user. “We’re aware of this issue and are currently working to address.”

Comcast responded to the video with a statement Wednesday from Ed Marchetti, SVP of Technical Operations:

When I watched this video I was very concerned by what I saw. Our employees should always protect people and treat them with respect no matter what the situation. Safety matters most – especially in dangerous weather conditions like this.

We are actively investigating what happened when our technicians were on site to restore services during an outage and we will reach out to those who were impacted by this incident.

Within the next 24-48 hours, my team leaders will meet with our technicians across our company to use this as an example of how important it is to make everyone’s safety a priority in everything we do.

And just as important, there’s no place for disrespect – treating people the right way is the only way to work.

the video is incredible. just cars going everywhere an a big surprise at the end.

edit:

what do ya know, the article linked the youtube, which i will as well

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: quit shit talking Indianapolis we won super bowl in 2007

SysOp: correction on my previous incorrect red rep in freeroll thread
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Thats's pretty fucked up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Rule #1 when driving in Ice and Snow- LEAVE EARLY FOR WORK ETC.. AND DRIVE SLOW WHEN GOING OVER HILLS

Most of these people did not do that. Unless Comcast guy broke protocol then I am taking his side and will put some blame on the town for not properly sanding the road.

Comments

SysOp: real breaking news advice here boys

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Rule #1 when driving in Ice and Snow- LEAVE EARLY FOR WORK ETC.. AND DRIVE SLOW WHEN GOING OVER HILLS

Most of these people did not do that. Unless Comcast guy broke protocol then I am taking his side and will put some blame on the town for not properly sanding the road.
    Agreed 100%. I don't care about this individual accident, but the larger point is many people simply don't slow down in snowy and icy weather. I drive quite a bit in snowbelt states, I can't tell you how many times I have seen people speed by at 70 mph, only to see them in a ditch with their front end caved in 20 miles up the road.

Another mystifying thing are mongs driving around on bald tires. That's just fucking nuts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Agreed 100%. I don't care about this individual accident, but the larger point is many people simply don't slow down in snowy and icy weather. I drive quite a bit in snowbelt states, I can't tell you how many times I have seen people speed by at 70 mph, only to see them in a ditch with their front end caved in 20 miles up the road.

Another mystifying thing are mongs driving around on bald tires. That's just fucking nuts.

LoL how can ANYONE not think the comcast guys are at fault here. now someone's blaming the town for not putting sand down? (i wish chicago used sand) No, blame the comcast idiots here.

Also, how safe can the guy think he is, when he just saw multiple cars hit the breaks and slide off the road. and while ALL of that is happening, the second idiot decides hes gonna get on a cherry picker and go fuck with the telephone pole all while it's one car away from ending his life, should one of them slide through those 4 lame ass cones and take out that truck he's on.

like i get it, dont go fast when driving and its snowy, and def dont go fast over a hill. but some of those cars werent going fast. And as soon as that accident happens, BOTH of these idiots should be moving for their own saftey.

I hope both those guys lose their jobs. Did they not think that video would not be on the internet before dinner? it's 2016. guy is filming you at your job? better not be a fucking punk asshole.

pretty simple.

oh and as for me the other night, I was going no more than 20mph and i still slid off the road.

Comments

SysOp: have another green
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    oh and as for me the other night, I was going no more than 20mph and i still slid off the road.
    You love to make every thread about yourself. Literally every one you post in.

For months we had to put up with "I'm on papers" but I have this unbelievable story about a rat and when I get off papers...

So, you seem to have a story PFA would want to read, something that happened to you that we'd be interested in.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

LoL how can ANYONE not think the comcast guys are at fault here. now someone's blaming the town for not putting sand down? (i wish chicago used sand) No, blame the comcast idiots here.

Also, how safe can the guy think he is, when he just saw multiple cars hit the breaks and slide off the road. and while ALL of that is happening, the second idiot decides hes gonna get on a cherry picker and go fuck with the telephone pole all while it's one car away from ending his life, should one of them slide through those 4 lame ass cones and take out that truck he's on.

like i get it, dont go fast when driving and its snowy, and def dont go fast over a hill. but some of those cars werent going fast. And as soon as that accident happens, BOTH of these idiots should be moving for their own saftey.

I hope both those guys lose their jobs. Did they not think that video would not be on the internet before dinner? it's 2016. guy is filming you at your job? better not be a fucking punk asshole.

pretty simple.

Also most importantly why did the moron filming not call the police?

Comments

simpdog: agreed. Call cops then start filming.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm guessing the pickup truck doing about 80 FUCKING MILES AN HOUR in the damn snow and ice might have had a bit more to do with it, than some Comcast truck there.

Oh, and if it is a fucking snowstorm and I am stuck in the house with no cable and internet, I am going outside to help them motherfuckers fix that shit if they need it. That dude filming can suck a dick. I would literally rather freeze to death than be completely disconnected from the outside world and not able to go anywhere really.

Those guys should get a raise, and they did the exact right thing by telling that asshat to fuck off they had a job to do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Those guys should get a raise, and they did the exact right thing by telling that asshat to fuck off they had a job to do.
    A raise? For putting out the basic four cones and doing the basic minimum? They're lucky they weren't killed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

A raise? For putting out the basic four cones and doing the basic minimum? They're lucky they weren't killed.
    very true......all those people out of their cars were in extreme danger as well. from the fat lady to that asshole lying down in front of his car trying to remove snow so he could get back on the road.
    Last edited by mulva; 12-15-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

very true......all those people out of their cars were in extreme danger as well. from the fat lady to that asshole lying down in front of his car trying to remove snow so he could get back on the road.

you're supposed to get out of your fucking car after it slides off the road.

same thing with interstates...if your car is immobile for any reason, get out of it, and go stand 20 or 30 yards behind it.

The comcast guys are at fault here, even Comcast seems to think so.

I agree calling the cops, but id assume after the first big slide off someone already did.

all in all, i hope these 2 dinguses lose their nice cushy jobs over this shit.

Comments

dwai: Jesus you're awful, why in the FUCK would you stand behind it ?

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: fixing wires on side of road in the snow is nice cushy job rep

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Fuck, you're a pussy.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Fuck, you're a pussy.
    I like how you pile on you faggot.

I tend to side with workers but these two guys are dickheads. Take a few minutes and put out a few more cones or spread the 4 cones they have out down the road.
    They could have just called their boss and told him what was up and went to a different location until the snow stopped or the streets were salted.
    And no I don't think they should lose their jobs nor do I think they have a cushy job.
    They work outside in the cold and that isn't easy especially as you get older. Even if they aren't busting their dicks just being outside in the winter working is a bitch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Fuck, you're a pussy.

I tend to side with workers but these two guys are dickheads. Take a few minutes and put out a few more cones or spread the 4 cones they have out down the road.
    They could have just called their boss and told him what was up and went to a different location until the snow stopped or the streets were salted.
    And no I don't think they should lose their jobs nor do I think they have a cushy job.
    They work outside in the cold and that isn't easy especially as you get older. Even if they aren't busting their dicks just being outside in the winter working is a bitch.
    & you're a fucking idiot.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

At least I don't pile on one guy like a pussy.
    Pussy

Load Metric
    listen, I don't think these guys should lose their jobs for nothing. look how they handled this situation. they probably broke a lot of protocol.

do you guys think people should keep their jobs even after they truly fuck them up?

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    vid needs more guns... is this not america?

Load Metric
    LOL at that moron in the truck. Indiana is the worst place in the country that I have ever lived, by far.

Don't be a fucking asshole if you're going out in snow/ice. The roads in Portland this Wednesday were treacherous mainly because of idiots speeding, passing people etc.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Pussy
    Yeah, I pile on Larry.

That's why I'm usually the first guy to offset unwarranted red reps given to him by fuckheads like you.

But you're right, I do this to pile on him like a pussy.

As for why I called him a pussy was the fact that he started a thread where he claims he almost died, seriously, he claims he was lucky to still be alive, after a high speed spin at the unbelievable, death defying speed of 20mph. Now he starts another thread where he's advocating people losing their "cushy" jobs because of idiots driving like morons. These people need to learn to fucking drive but this happens every time road conditions go from really good to shitty overnight because they don't change their driving habits to deal with it & I see it all the time where I live here in northern Canada. I call out Druff all the time when he says people should lose their jobs because he felt wronged over stupid shit & I always will because it's retarded.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Pussy
    Yeah, I pile on Larry.

That's why I'm usually the first guy to offset unwarranted red reps given to him by fuckheads like you.

But you're right, I do this to pile on him like a pussy.

As for why I called him a pussy was the fact that he started a thread where he claims he almost died, seriously, he claims he was lucky to still be alive, after a high speed spin at the unbelievable, death defying speed of 20mph. Now he starts another thread where he's advocating people losing their "cushy" jobs because of idiots driving like morons. These people need to learn to fucking drive but this happens every time road conditions go from really good to shitty overnight because they don't change their driving habits to deal with it & I see it all the time where I live here in northern Canada. I call out Druff all the time when he says people should lose their jobs because he felt wronged over stupid shit & I always will because it's retarded.
    actually Big Dick hasn't neg repped me in quite some time now. And they shouldn't lose their jobs because of the other motorists, no sir. They should lose their fucking jobs for continuing to operate in dangerous conditions. You see, you for some reason, don't understand this concept. FOUR (4) CONES is all these idiots thought to put out. They 100% caused all of this, not motorists driving like idiots.

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information