Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby it's PC outside

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

A quick search shows that you re correct. This song's author referred to its subjects as the mouse (female) and the wolf (male). Certainly predatory.

Druff, where/how did you come up with your interpretation of this song? Obv no rape involved, but the woman wants out. And the author confirms.
    That's not how it reads or how the movie clip above plays.

Look at the points I raised and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And this feminist in 2010 agrees with me: http://persephonemagazine.com/2010/1...-cold-outside/
    There is a heated intra-feminist debate going related to the theme of this song as it applies to the competing notions of a woman’s agency regarding sex (the right to have it as they please) versus a woman’s right to not be taken advantage of sexually by men with power over them. For example, this debate applies to intepreting whether Monica Lewinsky was appropriately exercising her right as an empowered woman to have sexual relations with a powerful man she was attracted to (President *Bill Clinton*) or was sexually harassed by a man in position of great power over her as an employee of the organization he led (*President* Bill Clinton). It sounds like the feminist you referenced is solidly in the woman’s-sexual-agency camp.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

That's not how it reads or how the movie clip above plays.

Look at the points I raised and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And this feminist in 2010 agrees with me: http://persephonemagazine.com/2010/1...-cold-outside/
    There is a heated intra-feminist debate going related to the theme of this song as it applies to the competing notions of a woman’s agency regarding sex (the right to have it as they please) versus a woman’s right to not be taken advantage of sexually by men with power over them. For example, this debate applies to intepreting whether Monica Lewinsky was appropriately exercising her right as an empowered woman to have sexual relations with a powerful man she was attracted to (President *Bill Clinton*) or was sexually harassed by a man in position of great power over her as an employee of the organization he led (*President* Bill Clinton). It sounds like the feminist you referenced is solidly in the woman’s-sexual-agency camp.
    Maybe she is, but that's not really relevant here.

The song and movie it appears in, as seen/heard, clearly depict the woman as being very happy to stay the night, and her protests being for show.

I can understand revisiting some of the classics for racism, homophobia, and sexual harassment which wouldn't be considered appropriate today, but this isn't one of those situations.

In fact, this 1949 film clip is actually pretty forward-thinking, in that it depicts a woman staying over at a man's house in a positive light, and cleverly makes light of the fact that they need to go through the motions to where the woman has to be "convinced" it's in her best interests to stay, so she can still retain plausible deniability of actually having wanted to be there overnight.

SJWs just love to take offense at everything so they can continue virtual signaling, and often they end up looking incredibly stupid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of my closest relatives married an extreme feminist..

He has turned into a complete beta male. He works, pays the morgatge and watches the kids and cleans the house and even got a salad bowl for a gift from his wife who complains she does too much and does nothing.

These sjw will take offense at anything all the time, we all stopped going too his house couse of it.

Even when u try to defend yourself in the most humble and respectful of ways, THEY FIND IT OFFENSIVE THAT U WOULD EVEN "DARE" TRY TOO DEFEND YOURSELF.

We no longer go over the house, she has isolated my cousin too the point he has no friends and is always trying too accamodate her latest outrage.

We were all over the house one time watching reruns of the original star trek while BBQ,in and she complained too us that it wasn't appropriate for her daughter's becouse captain Kirk was too arogant for the daughters too watch.

We looked at my cousin and "he didn't say a word"..

Another time she was going on about Trump being a racist and i said nothing,!!! I was just ignoring her waiting for my cousin. there was four of us waiting.

As I was leaving , I just calmly asked her about rev wright. She just scowled and I got a call from my cousin becouse she went on and on and on how I disrespected her..

I can assure u I don't behave in real life as I do here. And I'm actually can be socially pleasant and nuetral in any environment.

She went on all day about Trump and I "literally" just mentioned rev wright in passing on the way out.

She told my cousin a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My cousin is above average looking and a good high position in the corporate world and is a liberal.

She is just a fat ugly angry Irish chick that looks like a lunch lady if she married money and is always offended and in rage..

We all feel sorry for my cousin, I just thought he was a liberal becouse of his high managerial position.

If he was a conservative , I'm sure they wouldn't have let him get that far he would of been "yellow  starred".

But there's no hope, she has completely isolated him from any family members or even any male friend period while she goes out all the time..

Sooo so sad .

Load Metric
    It's pretty funny seeing how triggered conservatives get when you take a song they didn't actually care about away from them.

Should be interesting when their guns get taken away.

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Maybe she is, but that's not really relevant here.

The song and movie it appears in, as seen/heard, clearly depict the woman as being very happy to stay the night, and her protests being for show.

I can understand revisiting some of the classics for racism, homophobia, and sexual harassment which wouldn't be considered appropriate today, but this isn't one of those situations.

In fact, this 1949 film clip is actually pretty forward-thinking, in that it depicts a woman staying over at a man's house in a positive light, and cleverly makes light of the fact that they need to go through the motions to where the woman has to be "convinced" it's in her best interests to stay, so she can still retain plausible deniability of actually having wanted to be there overnight.

SJWs just love to take offense at everything so they can continue virtual signaling, and often they end up looking incredibly stupid.
    It is completely relevant here because it highlights how the third-wave feminists have hijacked the movement with their exaggerated sense of woman victimhood. And the portion of the movie clip of that song that shows the roles reversed, with the woman being the one trying to convince the love interest to stay (and play) is conveniently ignored by those third-wave feminists. Read here how Monica Lewinsky is edging on the third-wave bandwagon by trying to retain her female agency while also claiming that Bill Clinton abused his power by taking her up on her agency.

Monica Lewinsky says MeToo has made her rethink whether she could consent to relationship with Bill Clinton
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8231046.html

It’s laughable because a person either has agency over a matter or doesn’t. They can’t have it both ways. And traditional feminists are rightfully upset that this exaggerated notion of female victimhood implicitly calls for a renewal of patriarchy-type special care of women in society that tradional feminism has long fought against.

100 French Women Pen Letter Saying #MeToo Movement Has Gone Too Far
    https://www.npr.org/2018/01/10/57716...s-gone-too-far
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Maybe this was an overkill reaction to the political correctness that at times has strangled political discussion and artistic expression, but I like it, and more importantly, Bing would have too.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/radi...220515962.html

Diamond
    Load Metric
    SONG IS CREEPY AF

Theres a line in there where she sings her drink may have been drugged even

Thread Information