Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman left with huge bill after Plenty of Fish date eats expensive meal - then flees restaurant and blocks her

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Woman left with huge bill after Plenty of Fish date eats expensive meal - then flees restaurant and blocks her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...locks-her.html

And women do this to men all the time, except women don't "flee" until after the date by ignoring the poor schmuck's calls after he bought her dinner

Comments

GrenadaRoger: revenge for any gys that's ever been made a chumps

Load Metric

^ profile pic

^ waddles into the restaurant.

sorry but even for online dating, thats a violation.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

^ profile pic

^ waddles into the restaurant.

sorry but even for online dating, thats a violation.
    Aside from the double chin, looks about the same to me. Facially, she's a 5 in both pictures. The kicker is that the double chin is a clue to her obesity.

Banned
    Load Metric
    didn't scalir have this happen to him by some insanely obese girl off POF? She invited like 3 black dudes to run the tab up too?

Load Metric
    I got burned by this technique SO many times as an online newbie......women are so incredibly good at this its amazing, there were times where I was convinced there was NO WAY this girl could be huge (even asked her straight up) and sure enough a good 2 bills plus. Obviously now I realize that any female who doesnt have a body shot in their profile is 100% huge, but it took a lot of awkward drinks at the bar to learn that lesson lol.

Comments

big dick: awkward drinks at the bar lolz

Load Metric
    I feel like now with Snapchat, there's no excuse for being fooled by mis-represented pics. I mean, yeah you can still filter it up and play with angles, but at least you know you're getting current pics. Not pics that are 10 years old.

It's a pretty dumb crime tho. The lady has all his person info (pics and presumably e-mail address/phone number). Gonna be pretty easy to catch the guy. The story says the woman was forced to pay the $163 bill. I feel like she could have fought this. I wonder what the legalities are. I would assume she's only legally responsible for what she ordered and ate. If somebody happened to be with her and ordered food/drink and didn't pay, that should be between the restaurant and the guy who skipped out. In any case, I'm sure $5k will be raised for this lady on GoFundMe
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Snapchat and instagram filters are literally putting lipsticks on pigs

kudos to the guy picking Morton's.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    didn't scalir have this happen to him by some insanely obese girl off POF? She invited like 3 black dudes to run the tab up too?
    Yes, a form of this happened to Scalir.

It was a weird story.

He went to some fat girl club. I have to stress that these fat clubs aren't just moderately fat women. It is rare to find one under 250 pounds there. I actually knew a girl who was 250 that went to these clubs, and she bragged that the guys were all over her because she was usually the smallest one there.

Anyway, Ken took some obese girl he met to a restaurant after the club. Keep in mind Ken doesn't even like fat girls, but just went to these things because it was the easiest way to get laid. Anyway, while they were there, two gay guys approached their table and one of them apparently knew the girl from high school. The girl was late 20s, so high school was at least 10 years ago.

They invited themselves to the table and sat with them. They ordered drink after drink, many of which were expensive, along with food. Ken said that the guys were even feeding each other dessert. Sweet, right?

Anyway, they "went to the bathroom" and vanished.

Ken was presented with a $600 bill, about 5/6 of which was run up by those two guys.

Ken swore that the girl seemed legitimately upset and was even crying at one point. He felt it was likely she wasn't in on it, but he wasn't 100% sure.

The owner of the restaurant threatened Ken that he'd go to jail if he didn't pay up. Ken gave every penny he had, but it wasn't nearly enough. The guy held Ken's ID hostage until he came back and paid the rest, which Ken did.

By the time I heard about this, Ken had already paid. I told Ken he should have insisted they call the police and let the police sort it out.

We called the girl on radio, who acted kinda sketchy, and swore she didn't even remember the guy's last name.

Her name was Nene.

Comments

lewfather: LOOOOOOOL NENE REP

simpdog: Turns out Ken did get fucked.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

It was a weird story.

He went to some fat girl club. I have to stress that these fat clubs aren't just moderately fat women. It is rare to find one under 250 pounds there. I actually knew a girl who was 250 that went to these clubs, and she bragged that the guys were all over her because she was usually the smallest one there.

Anyway, Ken took some obese girl he met to a restaurant after the club. Keep in mind Ken doesn't even like fat girls, but just went to these things because it was the easiest way to get laid. Anyway, while they were there, two gay guys approached their table and one of them apparently knew the girl from high school. The girl was late 20s, so high school was at least 10 years ago.

They invited themselves to the table and sat with them. They ordered drink after drink, many of which were expensive, along with food. Ken said that the guys were even feeding each other dessert. Sweet, right?

Ken was presented with a $600 bill, about 5/6 of which was run up by those two guys.

Ken swore that the girl seemed legitimately upset and was even crying at one point. He felt it was likely she wasn't in on it, but he wasn't 100% sure.

The owner of the restaurant threatened Ken that he'd go to jail if he didn't pay up. Ken gave every penny he had, but it wasn't nearly enough. The guy held Ken's ID hostage until he came back and paid the rest, which Ken did.

By the time I heard about this, Ken had already paid. I told Ken he should have insisted they call the police and let the police sort it out.

We called the girl on radio, who acted kinda sketchy, and swore she didn't even remember the guy's last name.

Her name was Nene.

The ensuing Alvin Finkelstein call was amazing.

place hold for archive link

edit: it starts at the 1:51:16 mark

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...highlight=nene

Comments

hongkonger: Larry in the spot with the chives
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 12-12-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The restaurant should've held Nene accountable too, but if I were in Ken's shoes I would've only paid for my share and told the restaurant to call the police to deal with the gay guys. Is Nene a black name?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It was a weird story.

Her name was Nene.

The ensuing Alvin Finkelstein call was amazing.

place hold for archive link

edit: it starts at the 1:51:16 mark

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...highlight=nene
    Good job, Larry.

Wow... it's been over 4 years. I didn't realize it was that long ago. I remember the call like it was yesterday.

Comments

Deal: Autism confirmation rep

Load Metric
    Didn't realize Larry was a Druff dupe until now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Didn't realize Larry was a Druff dupe until now.

are you really this stupid?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Meet Paul Guadalupe Gonzalez.

He's known as the "Dash-and-Dater".

From May 2016 through April 2018 -- a period of two years -- he was infamous for meeting women from Plenty of Fish and Bumble, setting up dates at expensive restaurants, ordering high priced food, and then disappearing when claiming to visit the restroom.

The woman would then be stuck with the high bill, and would have no choice but to pay the entire thing.

Some dudes wrongly lauded him as a hero, claiming he was giving female dinner leeches a taste of their own medicine, but they're missing the point.

This wasn't about who is expected to pay for a date.

The guy was a straight up criminal and scammer, who would set up these dates, get there early, scarf down super-expensive food, and then sneak out before the bill would arrive. These weren't real dates. He was scamming free meals from unsuspecting women.

Anyway, this Gonzalez guy finally got arrested. It's amazing that it took so long, because his picture was all over the place dating back to last year, and his story had gone viral on Facebook and other social media. Somehow he continued to evade any kind of law enforcement action until August 2018.

https://ktla.com/2018/09/07/new-char...nd-dash-dater/

Load Metric

RULE 1 OF THE INTERNET, NEVER TRUST A FACE PIC, IF SHE ONLY HAS FACE PICTURES RUNNN
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    I seem to remember some story where a girl did something similar to a guy and when he asked to billed her the internet blew up on him. I mean ya thew guy is a dick but women do this to men all the time. Man I hate to sound like a men's right supporter but how is this even news?

Load Metric
    Also LOL at this guy facing 16 years and 300k bail.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/ca...ges/index.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP again

Here's the full story of this guy and the detective who pursued him: https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-sc...and-dash-dater

The guy only ended up getting 120 days in county jail and $240 in restitution.

The story is amusing in that the police and DA were amazingly stupid.

The cop, who is hailed as a hero in this story, spent forever tracking down a guy whose name and face were well known. While it's true that he didn't have a permanent address, they missed a ton of opportunities to get him after his face was publicized and pretty much everyone found him in public and confronted him except for this cop.

Fail.

Finally this cop lucked into catching him when he saw him on the street selling unauthorized Lakers gear.

Then the DA took over and laughably tried to charge him with "felony extortion".

Extortion?

Yeah.

By their thinking, the women were "afraid not to pay" when left with the bill, and therefore they were extorted out of their money (??), and therefore he was guilty of extortion (???)

Of course, this legal maneuver failed miserably, and even Gonzales' court-appointed attorney beat it.

They finally got him to plead no contest to three counts of defrauding an inkeeper and one count of petty theft.

This is despite tracking down at least 13 women who got ripped off by this scammer.

Fail.

The extortion thing seemed to me like a bad idea before I even read the unfortunate results.

The problem with over-charging criminals is that it can fail, and then you are left with no conviction at all.

They could have easily made a case for defrauding an inkeeper and/or theft by deception.

The DA claimed that the problem was this case was that there was no theft, since the women ultimately paid, but that's a bunch of BS. The fact that a third party paid for the theft is irrelevant. If I am in Best Buy and run out with a cell phone without paying, and then my mother comes down and says she'll pay for the phone, that still doesn't necessarily keep me out of jail.

In a single case of this, there would be no way to charge him, as he could claim that the woman offered to pay for the meal, and he just didn't like her and left early. However, after serially doing this to many women, it's clear that he showed up pretending like he was going to pay (or at the very least, pay half), and then always ran out in the middle of the meal. If the woman had no money -- or only enough for half -- then the inkeeper indeed would have been defrauded. At the very least, the women themselves were defrauded.

In short, law enforcement and the DA let these women down. They attempted to go for the gold by over-charging him with this extortion crap, and then when that fizzled, they sheepishly accepted a slap-on-the-wrist plea bargain, and oddly restitution which didn't even reimburse 11 of the 13 identified victims.

Amazingly there are misogynistic idiots who hailed this guy a hero, claiming that he was the answer to women using men for free meals, or for women who lie about their looks on dating sites.

That's a bunch of crap. This guy was a straight up thief and scammer, and he mostly targeted dumpy-looking middle-aged women who were thrilled to get a date with what appeared to be a handsome, rich, respectable guy. Then they'd go to dinner, with him implying he's rich and is paying for the whole thing, he'd pig out, and skip out on the bill. Dude needed a prison sentence for like 2 years for this shit, not a lol 120 days in county.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a side note, if you're a dude doing online dating and you accept filtered pics as legitimate, then it's your own fault if you show up and the chick looks 20 years older than she did in the pics.

I have some friends who send me pics of "hot" chicks on dating sites, and all of these women are around our age, yet look 25-35 and really hot. The obvious filtering is obvious. I tell them to demand unfiltered pics or refuse to meet.

Women over 40 are particularly bad with doing this.

I've also spoken to female friends using dating apps, and apparently the men aren't big on using filters, but are pretty big with lying about their age and height, as well as using old pics. I told them to ask for a custom pic like with a certain hand gesture or whatever.

All I hear from people on these dating apps is that they're constantly meeting people who are misrepresenting themselves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's another LOL from the article about the cop pursuing this scammer.

They had an idea to set up a "honeypot", by putting a pretty, undercover officer on a dating app, and waiting for the dude to message her.

They planned to send the officer on a date with Gonzales, wearing a wire. They uploaded some photographs in the office and together they wrote her profile. She was in for a surprise.

“The experience for women online is vastly different than for men,” explained Cass. “An attractive woman can set up a dating site and instantly—like within 20 minutes—can have 50 contact requests or messages. Our officer was horrified at what these guys sent her.” Cass said the unnamed officer is gay, and was appalled at the wild messages she received from men. “Crazy statements, outrageous things,” said Cass. “Dick pics.”

The experiment was a failure.

Somehow nobody realized that a hot chick on a dating site would be inundated with messages from desperate dudes, including perverted ones.

And apparently the female officer was a lesbian and had no dating site experience with men, so she was "appalled" by the messages the account got.

Yes, they were the only 2 people in the world who don't realize that pretty girls get immediately swamped with hundreds (or even thousands) of messages from men on dating sites.

What a shock for all involved!

Somehow these geniuses didn't think about setting up a profile of a dumpy, middle-aged woman near Pasadena (where many of these crimes occurred), as the guy tended to victimize that type of woman, not hot chicks. Remember, he was looking for a free meal, not sex.

Thread Information