Thread: Just finished my AR-15 custom build (illegal in my state)

Load Metric

Just finished my AR-15 custom build (illegal in my state)

I have owned bolt action rifles, shotguns and handguns. I have never owned a high power semi auto rifle before.

So I ended up buying the parts and pieces over a period of time to put together a custom AR-15 I finally finished it but.....in July our cunt attorney general Maura Healey banned all high powered assault rifles...so while I bought 90% of the parts before the ban I don't know if I can register it currently since I got the stock after the ban.

Name:  FB_IMG_1481306596521.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  27.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

Shizzmoney: COD gun rep

LarryLaffer: should be banned. go play call of duty or join the army. you cant hunt for food with that.

Gordman: Offset Larry the special snowflake

herbertstemple: +1

tommyt: --

sah_24: +1 fucking sweet and offset retard rep !

GrenadaRoger: really sweet!!! (counter Larry rep--i like you bro, but i don't agree re: firearms)

Mintjewlips: Awesomeness

Serial Fail: Sorry about your tiny penis, loser.
    Last edited by Tegnation22; 12-09-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Nice setup

Counterpoint larry:

No, they shouldnt be banned. There is no rational argument as to why they should be banned more than any other weapon.

2) if he joined the army, as you say, he wouldnt be using this weapon - because its simply not used in the military.

3) Yes, you CAN hunt for food with it. That aside, who said he was hunting for food with it? Your ridiculous gun arguments are once again invalid.

Comments

Tegnation22: M4A1 though

Load Metric
    Larry is a SJW faggot

Comments

sah_24: Ding Ding Ding

Tellafriend:

Tegnation22:

Gordman: this is true

Mintjewlips: Had to be said

Load Metric
    Maura Healey is in violation of the US Constitution and should be arrested.

Didn't we just have an election about this shit that her side lost?

Comments

Tegnation22: It's ridiculous...Massachusetts gun laws are already strict. Outright ban?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    nice gun.

and Larry of course he can hunt with that you fucking cunt.

Comments

Tegnation22: Ty and you could hunt with it.

Load Metric
    Nice AR-15..!! Envious....

funny, here in California that rifle would also be illegal, although Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30's are legal even though they are also semi-autos chambered for the same ammo as most AR-15s...(the Ruger's don't have the pistol & forward grips which make for rapid manipulation in close quarters as well as better staying on target for quick follow-up shots; but the Ruger 14 can be very effective in street combat as the 1980's FBI shootout in Miami showed)

Also noticed your semi-auto pistol, another nice looking firearm...is it a Glock compact of some kind?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 12-09-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    A dude I know did a bid in prison because he had a modified semi auto rifle in CA where he removed/altered the bullet button. Someone snitched him out. So Tegnation22, since everyone knows where you live and your real name, I am going to suggest that you beg Druff to remove the pics/info. Nice rig but not worth prison imo.

Comments

Tegnation22: I looked into it. Since I bought the actual firing parts pre ban, I can register it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

funny, here in California that rifle would also be illegal, although Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30's are legal even though they are also semi-autos chambered for the same ammo as most AR-15s...(the Ruger's don't have the pistol & forward grips which make for rapid manipulation in close quarters as well as better staying on target for quick follow-up shots; but the Ruger 14 can be very effective in street combat as the 1980's FBI shootout in Miami showed)

Also noticed your semi-auto pistol, another nice looking firearm...is it a Glock compact of some kind?
    I can only imagine California gun laws as here in Massachusetts they are beyond ridiculous.

The pistol is a Glock 23 which is the .40 variant but I did a lone wolf barrel conversion to a 19. So now it takes 9mm rounds.....with the 9mm, less recoil which helps with followup accuracy and more in the magazine.

Also, a dam fine handgun to conceal carry. It's never left it's holster.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post

I can only imagine California gun laws as here in Massachusetts they are beyond ridiculous.

The pistol is a Glock 23 which is the .40 variant but I did a lone wolf barrel conversion to a 19. So now it takes 9mm rounds.....with the 9mm, less recoil which helps with followup accuracy and more in the magazine.

23 is a good gun. i have a 19 and love it. you ever have any issues with the conversion barrel and malfunctions?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    A dude I know did a bid in prison because he had a modified semi auto rifle in CA where he removed/altered the bullet button. Someone snitched him out. So Tegnation22, since everyone knows where you live and your real name, I am going to suggest that you beg Druff to remove the pics/info. Nice rig but not worth prison imo.

I always laugh at the stupid "bullet button" nonsense which came about because of illogical Cali gun laws.

If im correct, Apparently they made it a law that you have to use a "tool" to remove a magazine rather than just hitting a button to release the mag like the rest of Planet Earth. How fucking dumb.

So what happened literally when the gun law was getting passed? Someone invented and brought to market a perfectly legal modification kit to attach to the bullet button and take the entire button nonsense out of the equation.

So yeah, with these couple of very simple and legal components, you can change a mag like normal. The product is backordered due to heavy demand and dumb Cali lawmakers are left shrugging their shoulders as to how this could have happened - but really...it isn't that hard to invent imo in the first place.

Here is the website i believe:

http://www.bulletbutton.com/

A perfect case example as to how braindead California lawmakers are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

I always laugh at the stupid "bullet button" nonsense which came about because of illogical Cali gun laws.

If im correct, Apparently they made it a law that you have to use a "tool" to remove a magazine rather than just hitting a button to release the mag like the rest of Planet Earth. How fucking dumb.

So what happened literally when the gun law was getting passed? Someone invented and brought to market a perfectly legal modification kit to attach to the bullet button and take the entire button nonsense out of the equation.

So yeah, with these couple of very simple and legal components, you can change a mag like normal. The product is backordered due to heavy demand and dumb Cali lawmakers are left shrugging their shoulders as to how this could have happened - but really...it isn't that hard to invent imo in the first place.

Here is the website i believe:

http://www.bulletbutton.com/

A perfect case example as to how braindead California lawmakers are.
    There are a lot of idiot law makers in this state for sure. My favorite was the banning of lead rounds only to have the unintended consequence of putting armor piercing bullets in the hands of anyone buying ammo.

Anyways Tegnation I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just don't want anyone to go down for something silly like that. Sounds like it's all kosher so cheers!

Comments

Tegnation22: I appreciate, trust me last thing I need is ATF kicking down my door.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

23 is a good gun. i have a 19 and love it. you ever have any issues with the conversion barrel and malfunctions?
    I haven't yet but going in I knew there good be a risk of a jam or malfunctioning. I bought the 23 and after awhile was tired of the .40 and instead of buying a 19, I just did the barrel conversion for financial reasons.

The Glock 19 is imo, the best conceal carry handgun and overall top quality piece. Even though i never really caught the handgun bug....I just have it for protection and occasionally fire it at the range to stay sharp incase the day comes I have to pull it to defend myself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

I haven't yet but going in I knew there good be a risk of a jam or malfunctioning. I bought the 23 and after awhile was tired of the .40 and instead of buying a 19, I just did the barrel conversion for financial reasons.

The Glock 19 is imo, the best conceal carry handgun and overall top quality piece. Even though i never really caught the handgun bug....I just have it for protection and occasionally fire it at the range to stay sharp incase the day comes I have to pull it to defend myself.
    Re concealed carry:

Comments

Tegnation22: Very good holster setup. I could be making a purchase...thanks for video.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

DIY tactical conversion kit. You're welcome.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...fType=&from=fn

Also, Larry has a point even if he doesn't know why. Would never hunt with a .223 unless it was for varmint or quick moving predators i.e. coyotes. Now a .308 AR-10 would be a deer slaying machine.

Comments

LarryLaffer: I'd take a mini ruger over an ar any day

GrenadaRoger: ty, did not know was capable...i am a better person now !

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

DIY tactical conversion kit. You're welcome.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...fType=&from=fn

Also, Larry has a point even if he doesn't know why. Would never hunt with a .223 unless it was for varmint or quick moving predators i.e. coyotes. Now a .308 AR-10 would be a deer slaying machine.

Yes, but that's still hunting though, so Larry is still wrong. And yes I definitely would be using my newly acquired AR for Coyote hunting if given the opportunity - those fuckers (and the wolves) are decimating the deer populations. Mine is chambered for the standard 5.56 and also fits .223 which is of course more for the varmint end of the spectrum. I have been looking at some .308 variations lately for something on the heavier end, but im not sure what route I want to go yet. There is just so much to learn about calibers, ballistics, variations...im just trying to absorb the info at this stage as much as i can before I shell out fat stacks for something that catches my eye.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Coyotes decimating deer population? Good! Those tick-carrying, jumping-in-front-of-vehicle forest-denuding rabbits-on-stilts need to be culled!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How Australia And Other Developed Nations Have Put A Stop To Gun Violence

The debate over gun control in the United States doesn't take place in a vacuum.
    Other countries all over the world play the same video games and have the same mental health problems as the United States, but manage to avoid a sky-high gun murder rate and frequent public shooting massacres.
    The differences are due, in part, to the way that the different countries regulate gun ownership.
    Here's how several other prosperous nations deal with the issue:
    The United Kingdom

In 2011, the U.K. had 0.07 gun homicides for every 100,000 people; the U.S., by contrast, had 3 gun homicides for every 100,000. In 2009 there were 138 gun deaths in the U.K, where there are 6.7 firearms for every 100 people.
    One reason contributing to this is the U.K.'s strict gun laws. According to an English rifle and gun club legal center, any person possessing a firearm in the U.K. must posses a Shotgun Certificate or a Firearm Certificate.
    Machine guns, pepper spray, semi-automatic, and pump-action rifles, and any firearm that has a barrel less than 30 centimeters in length are prohibited.
    The only firearms that can be owned legally are shotguns, black powder weapons, manually-loaded cartridge pistols and manually-loaded center-fire rifles, all termed "Section 1" firearms.
    To gain a firearm certificate, applicants must be over age 14, and must demonstrate they have satisfactory security and "good reason" to own a rifle. Applicants must declare all criminal convictions and name two references to support the application. Applications must be renewed every five years.
    The requirements are largely the same for a shotgun certificate, although the applicant doesn't need two references, only one counter-signatory — and there is no minimum age.
    Anyone convicted of a criminal offense can't even handle a gun for five years. If the sentence involved more than three years in prison, there is a lifetime ban.
    Canada

The U.S.'s neighbor to the north also has outstandingly low gun casualty statistics. In 2009, there were 0.5 deaths per 100,000 from gun homicide — only 173 people. Still, the ownership is comparatively high — there are 23.8 firearms per 100 people in the country.
    There is no legal right to possess arms in Canada. It takes sixty days to buy a gun there, and there is mandatory licensing for gun owners. Gun owners pursuing a license must have third-party references, take a safety training course and pass a background check with a focus on mental, criminal and addiction histories.
    Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license, and licenses are denied to applicants with any past history of domestic violence. Buyers in private sales of weapons must pass official background checks.
    Canadian civilians aren't allowed to possess automatic weapons, handguns with a barrel shorter than 10.5 cm or any modified handgun, rifle or shotgun. Most semi-automatic assault weapons are also banned. As a result of exemptions, several kinds of assault weapons are still legal in Canada, although this has been the source of some controversy.
    Japan

Japan's gun policies are notoriously strict. Civilians cannot possess handguns, automatic assault weapons, semi-automatic assault weapons, military rifles, or machine guns. Japanese civilians aren't even allowed to own swords.
    Without a license, a Japanese citizen isn't even permitted to touch a firearm. Failure to follow this law can result in up to 10 years in prison.
    Japanese civilians hold a mere 710,000 guns, with 0.6 firearms for every person. In 2008, there were 11 gun homicides. For perspective, there are 122,800,000 people in Japan. That year is not an anomaly. In 2006 there were 2 gun homicides and in 2007 there were 22, a national scandal.
    What is legal are hunting rifles and shotguns, but those can only be obtained after an exhaustive application process. An aspiring gun-toucher must first take an all-day class and pass both written and practical exams. Then, applicants are required to go to the hospital for a mental health test, and provide police with a medical certificate attesting their mental health and drug-free status.
    The police then investigate the applicants ;background, relatives and group affiliations. Involvement in some political or activist organizations is grounds for categorical denial of license application.
    Only after all that can a Japanese citizen buy a gun. Even then, gun-owners are required to store the gun in a locker, store ammunition in a separate locked safe, and provide for the police a map of the location of the locker,
    Gun owners must then submit to annual inspections of the rifle or shotguns and retake the shooting range class and written exam every three years.
    Australia

Australia had 30 gun homicides in 2010, which amounted to 0.13 gun deaths for each 100,000 people. Australians hold 3-3.5 million guns, a rate of 15 guns for every 100 people.
    Australia is a rare nation that has had a significant shift toward additional gun control in recent years. Following a 1996 shooting spree that left 35 Australians dead at the Port Arthur tourist location in Tasmania, the government launched a major overhaul of gun laws.
    In the decade before Port Arthur, Australia saw 11 mass shootings; since then, there has not been a single mass shooting and the gun murder rate has continued its steady decline.
    Here's what they did: Pro-gun Conservative John Howard pushed through an ambitious gun control program. The laws banned all automatic and semi-automatic weapons and instituted strict licensing rules involving background checks and waiting periods for purchases.
    The conservative government also instituted a buyback program, where people were paid for turning in newly illegal automatic and semi-automatic rifles; 650,000 weapons were voluntarily handed in and destroyed at a cost of roughly $359.6 million.
    Today, Australians must demonstrate a justifiable need to have a gun, such as being a farmer or sport shooter. Australia doesn't have a full semi-automatic handgun ban and doesn't have any laws designed to keep guns away from the mentally ill.

http://www.businessinsider.com/canad...control-2013-1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    How Australia And Other Developed Nations Have Put A Stop To Gun Violence

The debate over gun control in the United States doesn't take place in a vacuum.
    Other countries all over the world play the same video games and have the same mental health problems as the United States, but manage to avoid a sky-high gun murder rate and frequent public shooting massacres.
    The differences are due, in part, to the way that the different countries regulate gun ownership.
    Here's how several other prosperous nations deal with the issue:
    The United Kingdom

In 2011, the U.K. had 0.07 gun homicides for every 100,000 people; the U.S., by contrast, had 3 gun homicides for every 100,000. In 2009 there were 138 gun deaths in the U.K, where there are 6.7 firearms for every 100 people.
    One reason contributing to this is the U.K.'s strict gun laws. According to an English rifle and gun club legal center, any person possessing a firearm in the U.K. must posses a Shotgun Certificate or a Firearm Certificate.
    Machine guns, pepper spray, semi-automatic, and pump-action rifles, and any firearm that has a barrel less than 30 centimeters in length are prohibited.
    The only firearms that can be owned legally are shotguns, black powder weapons, manually-loaded cartridge pistols and manually-loaded center-fire rifles, all termed "Section 1" firearms.
    To gain a firearm certificate, applicants must be over age 14, and must demonstrate they have satisfactory security and "good reason" to own a rifle. Applicants must declare all criminal convictions and name two references to support the application. Applications must be renewed every five years.
    The requirements are largely the same for a shotgun certificate, although the applicant doesn't need two references, only one counter-signatory — and there is no minimum age.
    Anyone convicted of a criminal offense can't even handle a gun for five years. If the sentence involved more than three years in prison, there is a lifetime ban.
    Canada

The U.S.'s neighbor to the north also has outstandingly low gun casualty statistics. In 2009, there were 0.5 deaths per 100,000 from gun homicide — only 173 people. Still, the ownership is comparatively high — there are 23.8 firearms per 100 people in the country.
    There is no legal right to possess arms in Canada. It takes sixty days to buy a gun there, and there is mandatory licensing for gun owners. Gun owners pursuing a license must have third-party references, take a safety training course and pass a background check with a focus on mental, criminal and addiction histories.
    Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license, and licenses are denied to applicants with any past history of domestic violence. Buyers in private sales of weapons must pass official background checks.
    Canadian civilians aren't allowed to possess automatic weapons, handguns with a barrel shorter than 10.5 cm or any modified handgun, rifle or shotgun. Most semi-automatic assault weapons are also banned. As a result of exemptions, several kinds of assault weapons are still legal in Canada, although this has been the source of some controversy.
    Japan

Japan's gun policies are notoriously strict. Civilians cannot possess handguns, automatic assault weapons, semi-automatic assault weapons, military rifles, or machine guns. Japanese civilians aren't even allowed to own swords.
    Without a license, a Japanese citizen isn't even permitted to touch a firearm. Failure to follow this law can result in up to 10 years in prison.
    Japanese civilians hold a mere 710,000 guns, with 0.6 firearms for every person. In 2008, there were 11 gun homicides. For perspective, there are 122,800,000 people in Japan. That year is not an anomaly. In 2006 there were 2 gun homicides and in 2007 there were 22, a national scandal.
    What is legal are hunting rifles and shotguns, but those can only be obtained after an exhaustive application process. An aspiring gun-toucher must first take an all-day class and pass both written and practical exams. Then, applicants are required to go to the hospital for a mental health test, and provide police with a medical certificate attesting their mental health and drug-free status.
    The police then investigate the applicants ;background, relatives and group affiliations. Involvement in some political or activist organizations is grounds for categorical denial of license application.
    Only after all that can a Japanese citizen buy a gun. Even then, gun-owners are required to store the gun in a locker, store ammunition in a separate locked safe, and provide for the police a map of the location of the locker,
    Gun owners must then submit to annual inspections of the rifle or shotguns and retake the shooting range class and written exam every three years.
    Australia

Australia had 30 gun homicides in 2010, which amounted to 0.13 gun deaths for each 100,000 people. Australians hold 3-3.5 million guns, a rate of 15 guns for every 100 people.
    Australia is a rare nation that has had a significant shift toward additional gun control in recent years. Following a 1996 shooting spree that left 35 Australians dead at the Port Arthur tourist location in Tasmania, the government launched a major overhaul of gun laws.
    In the decade before Port Arthur, Australia saw 11 mass shootings; since then, there has not been a single mass shooting and the gun murder rate has continued its steady decline.
    Here's what they did: Pro-gun Conservative John Howard pushed through an ambitious gun control program. The laws banned all automatic and semi-automatic weapons and instituted strict licensing rules involving background checks and waiting periods for purchases.
    The conservative government also instituted a buyback program, where people were paid for turning in newly illegal automatic and semi-automatic rifles; 650,000 weapons were voluntarily handed in and destroyed at a cost of roughly $359.6 million.
    Today, Australians must demonstrate a justifiable need to have a gun, such as being a farmer or sport shooter. Australia doesn't have a full semi-automatic handgun ban and doesn't have any laws designed to keep guns away from the mentally ill.

http://www.businessinsider.com/canad...control-2013-1
    Apples to oranges. The problem is that those are all civilized countries. The United States is not.
    HILLARY WON

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Apples to oranges. The problem is that those are all civilized countries. The United States is not.
    then move back to Hong Kong you stupid delusional bitch.

Comments

hongkonger: Also not civilized

Tegnation22: Offset DongMonger

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    PM sent.

Comments

jsearles22: Hels

Thread Information