Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oakland "crash pad" warehouse for artists burns down, at least 36 dead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Max Harris was acquitted. It was never clear to me what his role was in the whole thing, so I can't comment on that one.

Unfortunately, callous asshole Derrick Almena may also be heading to acquittal or relatively little prison time, as there was a hung jury in his situation. I have no idea how anyone could vote "not guilty" on this guy, given the long history of altercations he had with tenants complaining about the safety issues there (some of which were documented BEFORE the fire).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/us/gh...ict/index.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Max Harris was acquitted. It was never clear to me what his role was in the whole thing, so I can't comment on that one.

Unfortunately, callous asshole Derrick Almena may also be heading to acquittal or relatively little prison time, as there was a hung jury in his situation. I have no idea how anyone could vote "not guilty" on this guy, given the long history of altercations he had with tenants complaining about the safety issues there (some of which were documented BEFORE the fire).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/us/gh...ict/index.html
    We are talking aboiut the same general area and legal system that just decided it was ok for an illegal to gun down a young white girl at the SF waterfront.. And then decided the NRA was a Domestic Terrorist organization.. The city which is rapidly turning into a 3rd world country with massive explosion in rates of Cholera Typhoid and Hep A (all most often seen in shithole countries with horrible sanitation issues nad lack of clean water).. Finally the same area where they take better care of the illegals then they do the Veterans who are homeless. Guess it makes sense Cali especially SF and LA and San Jose all trying to secure votes for the Democrats they know the illegals will (as they work to figure out ways to get them to be allowed to vote) while the vets generally have no use for libtards like the idiots who run Cali

Comments

GrenadaRoger: also the home of Kam Harris

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Thankfully, Derrick Almena isn't getting off so easily.

A mistrial was declared in October, and a new trial is forthcoming. He remains in jail, where he's been for over 2 years. His bail is $750,000, which he can't afford. He attempted to get it reduced, and was...

Almena seems like a narcissist and somewhat of a sociopath, so I hope he gets a stiff sentence for what he did. It doesn't really bother me that his partner Max Harris got off. It appeared to me that Harris had little role in the whole thing, and just kind of got scooped up in the charges because technically he had a role in planning the party or whatever. Not saying he was 100% innocent, but I think he was just a young dumbass, whereas Almena was the real decision-maker and the one responsible for the tragedy.

Load Metric
    Fire guy just got released due to COVID-19 concerns. You can be responsible for 36 deaths, but you risk a fever in jail and you get out. LOL California.

Name:  777ced4c-6d47-4b6c-aede-16098c6856e2_750x422.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  42.3 KB

https://apnews.com/a3e9f7fd3695a6a5e1a988fa0cf76a73

Comments

Tellafriend: it's like that everywhere - fucking joke

Thread Information