Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Science

Load Metric

Weird Science

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ird-right-now/

So the Arctic seems to be getting warmer at a more rapid pace than even the biggest doom merchants predicted.

Personally I believe our planet is doomed because we as a species are not wired to make personal sacrifices for the greater good. Our greed, selfishness and general stupidity means we have zero hope of taking a stand as one in order to halt the progression of global warming.

Everyone will point fingers of blame when we do reach the point of no return. But the simple truth is that we just aren't advanced enough as a race to avoid the inevitable.

Intelligent species on other planets throughout the universe will have suffered similar fates to our own oncoming catastrophe for the same reasons (greed, selfishness etc.)

It's not a criticism in any way. It's just how we roll.

While some species on other world's with be 'naturally' more intelligent than us/others and will have learnt that boom & bust is retarded. Those species will preserve their own planet infinitely longer than us and may of even become scientifically advanced enough to colonise other world's.

Not us though, we're fucked. And that's a shame because if we had more time, then we too could've gone on to colonise other fertile world's.

Steven Hawkins said recently we'd last no more than one thousand years on this planet. Like bad things will happen much sooner, but a thousand years and it's lights out for mankind.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Gold
    Load Metric
    Global Warming is just a bunch of political bullshit. It is not caused by humans. The carbon tax is the biggest scam in history.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are a bloody moron.

herbertstemple: Common sense off set

FPS_Russia: We got all these right wing suckers who think they're enlightened. They know more than the scientists smh.

blubbernuffle: LOL SCIENCE DENIER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Global Warming is just a bunch of political bullshit. It is not caused by humans. The carbon tax is the biggest scam in history.

Despite the overwhelming body of rock solid scientific data proving you wrong, do you believe we should ignore it because its not our fault?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You're could well be right.

But I think you, me are not qualified enough to come to that assumption.

But there are thousands of qualified scientists out there who all claim that it is us who is doing the most damage.

And I just can't get on board that they're all on the payroll.

Non of this shit will probably impact us in a terrible way anyway.

But it's our generation that could be turning us into a Venus like hell hole.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

But there are thousands of qualified scientists out there who all claim that it is us who is doing the most damage.

It won't be a Venus-like runaway greenhouse event, but likely a human-caused revisiting of Permian extinction-like conditions. Humankind won't be exterminated, but the stress on the global environment's ability to generate foodstuffs will likely lead to mass starvation and global political upheaval on a scale never seen before.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: seen, tis a good watch
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    jace tell em about that time you got your foot in the door a face to face with a young joel silver and mike shamberg you pitched them beard science and by next thursday you were djing at gay strip clubs

Comments

LarryLaffer:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

And there are 1000's of qualified scientists who say it is bullshit.

Comments

SantaCruz: Yeah, like Professor Rush Limbaugh.

herbertstemple: Professor Herbert Stempel also says its bullshit.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Despite the overwhelming body of rock solid scientific data proving you wrong, do you believe we should ignore it because its not our fault?
    Are you the dumbass who thought Trump had 0 chance to win? Same dumbass who said World War 3 was going to start a few months back?

Gold
    Load Metric

lol @ rock solid.

Load Metric
    Oh how fucking horrible, i DON'T get to freeze my ass off this winter.

Jesus fucking Christ, must be nice to wallow in misery all while in the comfort of your temperature controlled homes.

If you feel so compelled "to do something about global warming", why don't you let a polar bear live in your home and maybe that bear will do us all a favor and maul your ass to death. Or the polar bear will see how loving you are and will ignore every instinct in his body to rip your fucking face off.

Comments

herbertstemple: +1 for the promise of global warming winters.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Oh and no major hurricanes for another 10 years sounds pretty fucking spectacular.

Comments

hongkonger: My god you're dumb
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  544.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thing is the planet has nothing to worry about. You could drive
    a truck through this baby and it wouldn't matter. As for the people on it, they either figure it or die, or die anyway.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

I believe in global warming, but I think the right way to deal with it is to continue evolving. If we go back to the way we lived before industry/cars/electricity etc it would just suck. The progressive way of solving the global warming problem is to keep advancing technology and fucking the earth to death, and having faith that in 500 or 600 years from now people will be advanced enough to either get off this planet or reverse global warming with technology

Load Metric
    Global warming is happening, but is it because of humans, probably not. First off the amount of pollution today compared to the 60s/70s is negligible. Second when there are graphs that show the last couple hundred years of temps those are all bullshit.

All you have to do is look at truly historical tempature charts to realize man made global warming is bullshit.

Name:  IMG_0918.GIF
Views: 600
Size:  19.1 KB.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

I believe in global warming, but I think the right way to deal with it is to continue evolving. If we go back to the way we lived before industry/cars/electricity etc it would just suck. The progressive way of solving the global warming problem is to keep advancing technology and fucking the earth to death, and having faith that in 500 or 600 years from now people will be advanced enough to either get off this planet or reverse global warming with technology
    Nobody is suggesting a return to the preindustrial way of life. There is infinite free energy available from the sun, wind and tides. Harvest that instead of burning fossil fuels and problem solved. Nobody has to give up their air conditioning.
    HILLARY WON

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm sure she's getting more and more heated each day. No woman likes to get called flat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Global warming is happening, but is it because of humans, probably not. First off the amount of pollution today compared to the 60s/70s is negligible. Second when there are graphs that show the last couple hundred years of temps those are all bullshit.

All you have to do is look at truly historical tempature charts to realize man made global warming is bullshit.

Name:  IMG_0918.GIF
Views: 600
Size:  19.1 KB.
    That chart doesn't support your contention. Yes, earth has had many ice ages followed by spikes in temperature. Each of those historical spikes in temperature was caused by something, and their extent and duration varied. The extent of the current warming has been accelerated by humans beyond what would otherwise naturally occur and this will have massive consequences for humans. The earth will be fine. Humans won't.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: Such a loser, like Hillary. Who LOST.

gimmick:
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Comments

LarryLaffer: classic routine-good post sir

blubbernuffle: BEST CARLIN ROUTINE EVA

Thread Information