Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse Racism Story

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If there's a white guy and a black guy who are identical in every way except the color of their skin, and a white guy attacks each of them with the exact same severity, we are looking at the case of the black guy being attacked being treated as more severe than the one where the white guy was attacked.
    The injuries are, in fact, more than just the physical injuries for some minorities. The demeaning nature of an attack can hurt worse and be more long lasting than any physical injury.

If there had never been systematic intimidation against certain groups in this country, there never would have been anything called a "hate crime".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    If there's a white guy and a black guy who are identical in every way except the color of their skin, and a white guy attacks each of them with the exact same severity, we are looking at the case of the black guy being attacked being treated as more severe than the one where the white guy was attacked.
    The injuries are, in fact, more than just the physical injuries for some minorities. The demeaning nature of an attack can hurt worse and be more long lasting than any physical injury.

If there had never been systematic intimidation against certain groups in this country, there never would have been anything called a "hate crime".
    Lol @ demeaning nature.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I am against the concept of any type of unjustified assault being placed above another. This includes hate crimes or anything else like it.
    Assault should be assault.
    So if I beat the shit out of 85 year old woman or a 5 year old child, it is no different than if I struck a 30 year old 300 pound man in the arm? After all, in your opinion, assault is assault.

By the way, you don't even know what the fuck assault means. The crime is you are describing is called battery. Assault is a threat to commit a battery or a failed attempt thereof.
    ya know, i agree....Druff's term, "unjustified assault" implies there are situations of "justified assault", really, the term justified assault for an ordinary citizen is an Oxymoron (that is, a term like "Military Intelligence" "Jumbo Shrimp" "Honest Politician" or "Fair Dealing Jewish Businessman")

to most people. assault would normally be thought of as the use or attempt to use force in an offensive manner...and in the normal course of civil living, using offensive force, particularly deadly force, is to be left to law enforcement peace officers....citizens normally may use force legally only for defensive purposes...according to recognized expert Masaad Ayoob, "Deadly force is justified only when undertaken to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent." At times, even use of mere fist may reach the level of deadly force, particularly when the combatants are mismatched as to size, age or fighting ability.

I would recommend Druff, and anyone, read material by Masaad Ayoob, (in particular his 1980 book "In the Gravest Extreme" & his follow up 2014 book "Deadly Force, Understanding Your Right to Self-Defense"). I invite anyone to post any other sources/authors of information on this topic
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    [x]race related story

[x]comments kinda racist (was to be expected).

[x]druff post with draconian views on the law

believability anyone is going to profit off any law suit from that story: 5/10

over all thread rating: solid 1/7

"Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Similarly, if some guy attacks me out of the blue, I don't care if the motivation was that he wanted to steal my wallet , if he read something I wrote on the internet and wanted to beat me up for it, or if it was because he hates Jews.

I want the same penalties in all cases. The guy's motivation to attack me shouldn't figure into it.
    Yea you are still saying that people shouldn't be penalized for attempted robbery. That's pretty much your entire argument and you've provided plenty of hilarious reasons for it.

But for arguments sake let's pick up simpler cases than someone getting punched in the face. Let's go with 3 simple cases of vandalism. Let's assume similar property damage and similar cleaning costs. On one night Harold the friendly neighborhood skinhead paints various things with red spray paint.

1) Harold starts with the door of a synagogue. Harold goes with the classics such as the heil-family, swastikas and a collection of demotivational slogans.

2) A shop door. Harold goes with his favorite slogan "Harold rules".

3) Your door. Harold goes with "die, Druff, die".

Are you saying the penalties for all 3 cases should be the same?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    This story is why Donald J Trump is going to be our President going forward.
    Name:  Wow-That39s-racist-meme-36282.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  33.2 KB

Thread Information