Thread: Wal-Mart Busted Screwing Their Employees Again

Platinum
    Load Metric

Wal-Mart Busted Screwing Their Employees Again

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...123-story.html
    Wal-Mart loses minimum wage pay fight as jury awards California truck drivers $54 million
    That's peanuts for Wal-Mart.
    Top Reddit comment
    "The company has said its drivers are among the best-paid in the industry, with some making more than $100,000 a year."

Where's the criminal prosecution of the person or persons responsible?
    I wonder if the truck drivers got caught screwing the company would they remain nameless and just be forced to pay it back, hmmm.

Load Metric
    fuck walmart

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    fuck walmart
    Walmart employs an astounding 2.1 million people. In the United States alone, the company employs 1.4 million people. This is a staggering 1% of the U.S.'s 140 million working population.
    That is some sad shit. No doubt these folks are eating their turkey at 11am so they can punch the clock at 5pm.

Working poor selling crap to the working poor.

I can't even remember the last time I was in a Walmart. Depressing as all hell.

If our economy was healthier Walmart's large scale slave wage model might not survive. So yeah, you hope Walmart dies as America improves. Don't hold your breath.

Comments

jacosta24: You know nothing

big dick: You know A LOT

Tegnation22: Slave wage rep

Load Metric
    Im not but it would be nice.

Load Metric
    Make no mistake. Whatever the shitty retailer, at the store level the feeling is their biggest expense is labor. That's their perception.

The store might start looking messy but they are loath to hire another body. Margins are so thin. Every day that is the battle. Not enough labor and not enough money for more bodies.

The king of discount retailing is gonna murder that wage expense. Those decisions about living without the extra body are more ruthless. That decision to cheat the employee has more reward. These small savings are what keep Walmart on top.

Fuck Walmart. You walk in there and you are a selfish prick.

Wether you pay $5 for your Xmas lights at Walmart or $8 at the hardware store will not change your life one iota.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never been a Walmart fan.

Supposedly they're really cheap, but the few times I've gone there, I wasn't impressed with the prices. Like, it wasn't expensive, but it wasn't full of the great deals I would have expected.

Also just hated the general layout of the place, as well as the crowds and the trashy clientele.

I've only gone there a handful of times, and it's almost always when I'm in an unfamiliar area where I'm just happy to find any store.

Load Metric
    Wal-Mart is the cheapest than any other store, even those 99 cent only stores.

Target is worse because they don't change the sale prices on a lot of items most of the time.

Albertsons, Vons, Safeway, Smith's, Ralph's and Trader Joe's charge a lot more than Wal-Mart.

If you don't shop at Wal-Mart, if you spend $100 on groceries, you are paying $15 to $20 more than someone who shops at Wal-Mart.

The downside to shopping at Wal-Mart is that they're too many black, hispanic, white trash and super-fat people that are always there.

Comments

Jayjami: Nailed it.

Load Metric
    Last one. I am playing retail this season so I find this interesting.

Target knows this and is this is why food is important. They know on any particular item they are not the cheapest. But if I can get you to come in on a regular basis for food I'll nab non food sales along the way.

Short Amazon and long Target

Walmart's drive to online is a little scary

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not everything is cheapest at Walmart but are we really supposed to believe with Druff's cheap nature he has only walked into a Walmart a few times in his life?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Target knows this and is this is why food is important. They know on any particular item they are not the cheapest. But if I can get you to come in on a regular basis for food I'll nab non food sales along the way.

You may be right but I actually think the exact opposite. I would go long Amazon. I dont think Walmart has a chance against Amazon online, and I think they kind of know it. But they have no choice and have to at least try to compete online as that is where it is all going.

There will always be a place for Walmart in that they sell food and people still like to try on clothes before they buy them, but I think Amazon will win the online retail war in the end , and it wont even be close.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    I worked at a Walmart for 10 months when I was in college.

The number one company/management rule, never go over 40 hours in a week. They would literally pull you off the floor mid shift and force you to clock out if you were going to go over and get overtime pay.

I worked in the sporting goods/guns & ammo department. Fairly easy job but dealing with the scum customers was horrible.

I could not imagine working at a place like that as a source of main income to provide for myself at the store level. I'm sure the individuals that work in the corporate and mid level management do fairly well.

Slave Labor imo.

Comments

Sanlmar: Proving my labor point. One worker at a time
    Last edited by Tegnation22; 11-25-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You may be right but I actually think the exact opposite. I would go long Amazon. I dont think Walmart has a chance against Amazon online, and I think they kind of know it. But they have no choice and have to at least try to compete online as that is where it is all going.

There will always be a place for Walmart in that they sell food and people still like to try on clothes before they buy them, but I think Amazon will win the online retail war in the end , and it wont even be close.
    AMZN is the poster child for a bloated P/E going into the new post bubble Trump market.

It's Black Friday and nothing says Black Friday online like AMZN. The online numbers so far are 15% over last year.

Oh, look. Amazon is behaving like a sick dog today painting an ugly big red candle. What's wrong bunky? Not feeling well?

Walmart is no prize either as they (like everything else) has a high P/E. Heads up, I like the shipping distribution point in every town. I will throw in a brisket & broccoli with your order for dinner.

Will they beat AMZN for the title? No. The question is who is a better value. Pick a beaten down big box retailer.

Again, AMZN is just a proxy on the sell off with some opposite pick holiday irony

Load Metric
    Tegnation, have you set foot in a Walmart since you worked there?

Load Metric
    Tegnation, have you set foot in a Walmart since you worked there?
    A few times when I was out of state and needed some things and it was the only option. I never stepped foot in the one I worked at or any around my area and I never will honestly. While the prices are good the 20 year old me was disenfranchised enough to avoid.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Thread Information