Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pooh is building a house

Load Metric
    more like mcribs

Comments

lol wow: raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacks

Belly Buster: :rimshot

Load Metric
    Having a hard time picking a powder bath vanity. Input is helpful and appreciated. I was thinking something like this

Name:  powder2.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  127.0 KB

Thoughts?

Comments

MumblesBadly: This I like. Tasteful.

LarryLaffer: still not modern like the outside of the house. but it's a step

Load Metric
    Shout out to some of my favorite people in the world doing god's work on a Saturday when they could be bangin Spring break beach bunnies.

Name:  FullSizeRender (9).jpg
Views: 356
Size:  2.56 MB

Load Metric
    Did you consider going the solar route for your roof?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Lookin good Willis,

If you're talkin about the roofers, yeah, those guys are animals. Run opposite Druff and have a couple of cold racks ready when they come off the roof at the end of the day.

I listen to contractors swap stories about working on some rich guy's house - "This guy always had Dunkin' Donuts coffee for us each morning". 5 figure contracts and these guys are impressed & thankful for a coffee.

Whatcha doin with the garage doors. Going oversize for the boat?

Also, love the way folks handle driveways on upscale homes in Florida. Strikes this northerner as amazing work compared to our crap blacktop. What is your plan?

Load Metric
    Have to call Pooh!

Could those guys be bangin beach bunnies on SB?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    We did not. Surprisingly there are very few homes in Florida with solar, except to heat pools. I read somewhere that solar doesn't work well in hot climates. Not sure if that's true but literally nobody in my area has it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Lookin good Willis,

If you're talkin about the roofers, yeah, those guys are animals. Run opposite Druff and have a couple of cold racks ready when they come off the roof at the end of the day.

I listen to contractors swap stories about working on some rich guy's house - "This guy always had Dunkin' Donuts coffee for us each morning". 5 figure contracts and these guys are impressed & thankful for a coffee.

Whatcha doin with the garage doors. Going oversize for the boat?

Also, love the way folks handle driveways on upscale homes in Florida. Strikes this northerner as amazing work compared to our crap blacktop. What is your plan?
    Those are guys doing stucco. The roof will sit like that for probably another month or so. That's how they do new builds down here. Let the tile sit there for a couple months.

We have two two car garages. Oversized. One has a pretty large storage area so it's almost the size of a three car garage (the one on the right) and my garage on the left is slightly detached from the house and it's primarily going to be used for my business "shit".

The driveway will be pavers. According to the proposal we are looking at roughly $24k for it. We haven't designed it yet so it could be a little more or less. We are strongly considering a driveway where we will have a fountain in the middle. There are a few houses next to me with that and we like the look.

They are trying to bang out the stucco so they can dig the pool next week. We're big time lazy weekend fucks who like to float so we are building a semi round pool with a water feature that will be behind the windows in the living room. The pool will be fairly large, unlike the bathtub sized piece of shit we have now. Round is "unique" according to my builder, lol, so not sure how it will look when done. Unique is a nice way of saying why you building that thing? That's the only "unique" comment we received from him.

Inspiration photo for pool.
    http://www.mcgarveycustomhomes.com/e...sa-vittoria-5/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    We did not. Surprisingly there are very few homes in Florida with solar, except to heat pools. I read somewhere that solar doesn't work well in hot climates. Not sure if that's true but literally nobody in my area has it.
    Ugh huh. You're all in with the lunar, why push it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Ugh huh. You're all in with the lunar, why push it
    I don't know what that means.

Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: This I like. Tasteful.

LarryLaffer: still not modern like the outside of the house. but it's a step

Guys, we're talking golf course house in Florida. Modern doesn't work, especially on the exterior. It would never sell because it would look so out of place. The last thing I need is a house for two million that I'm stuck with forever.

However, I did think about building something like this which would stick out like a sore thumb in this community but is all the rage in Naples, FL, about two hours south of me. West Indies style.

http://www.weberdesigngroup.com/plan...house-plan/478

My lot couldn't quite handle that house but there is one down the street that could. The house I'm building is exactly 100 feet wide which stretches the lot within 3 inches of max allowable. I'm sure the neighbor is happy about it.

Load Metric

However, I did think about building something like this which would stick out like a sore thumb in this community but is all the rage in Naples, FL, about two hours south of me. West Indies style.

You near Boca Grande? Grew up going there in the summers. Tight life.

Comments

Pooh: no. boca grande is boca bucks

Load Metric

Ugh, I got my answer, and you arent going to like it;

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/florid...-solar-energy/

The Florida electrical utilities will literally penalize you for installing solar, to pay for the 'upkeep and maintenance' of their existing grid while also refusing to allow you to be reimbursed for anything you pass back into said grid.

Thats... wow.....

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Yeah, solar for pools... I have an array of black tubing on the roof and a circulating pump. If you call that solar.

Most of these gated communities would have an uprising at the very thought of solar panels.

Even the pool solar had to be hidden in the back

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Yeah, solar for pools... I have an array of black tubing on the roof and a circulating pump. If you call that solar.

Most of these gated communities would have an uprising at the very thought of solar panels.

Even the pool solar had to be hidden in the back
    And yet Florida will be the first state to be underwater when sea levels rise. Maybe second after Louisiana. Brilliant strategery.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    AFAIK, you can lose up to 10-20% efficiency after some panels get to a certain temperature, but there are also panels that don't lose anywhere near that much. You would just choose your panels with that in mind, and your installer would also hopefully take into account ways to build in moving air currents over and under the panels.

edit: just saw tine's post about FL law. shitty as fuck when the utilities get to write the laws.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

edit: just saw tine's post about FL law. shitty as fuck when the utilities get to write the laws.

How did Jeb Bush make his money again? Ohhhh yeahhhhh...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good old Capitalism. You live in the Sunshine State and you're penalized for not buying your share of fossil fuel based energy. That's as bad
    as being fined for not buying health insurance that you can't afford. It's time to write a letter to your President.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Good old Capitalism. You live in the Sunshine State and you're penalized for not buying your share of fossil fuel based energy. That's as bad
    as being fined for not buying health insurance that you can't afford. It's time to write a letter to your President.
    You're thinking like a sensible person with his priorities straight. That sort of thing will not be tolerated in 'Murrica.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    The US is the worlds' Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Thread Information