Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pooh is building a house

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What is the square footage going to be?

Load Metric
    How many bedrooms and bathrooms?

Congrats Pooh.

You've already put a million into this place? Wow, balling status. That's sweet you can build your own home to your style and taste. I dream of one day doing the same thing.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    4800 sq/ft

4bed 5 bath

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Seems like that other house is awfully damn close
    From a Florida perspective not really. Usually in these gated communities they pack them in like sardines. We have 10 foot setbacks here so the minimum distance would be 20 feet to the next house. Ours is 100ft wide but the neighbors is around 84ft wide so they didn't use their entire lot width wise. That house next door is a monster, don't get me wrong. At 4800 sq ft I have one of the smaller houses on the street. There are probably ten over 7000 and a few over 10k sq ft. I'd guess that house is around 25-30 ft away. Both of our guest wings face each other as well so until a house goes up next to mine it won't be an issue.

If you want an area where you don't see your neighbors then you have to move out into the back woods of Florida where there are no HOA's and your life may turn into a scene out of Deliverance.

Comments

Tegnation22: The pan handle....most KKK ancient white supremacy groups in America are in florida

Load Metric
    Congrats on the house. Please tell me why anybody would choose to live in Florida?

I only know FL from three xmas's and new years spent in Ft. Lauderdale and one xmas at walt disney world as a kid. While in the service I worked with a guy from Ocala, he hunted monkeys on the river. Now I hear the monkeys are carrying herpes and moving as far away as Jacksonville. Sailed around Marathon Key for a few days on friends 34 foot sailboat about two decades ago. Spent a few days in St. Augustine and Palm Coast.

I've read all or almost all of Carl Hiaasen's novels and now bizarre/funny scenes are in my mind whenever thinking about FL. As a Miami reporter he saw and wrote about the stuff in his books. Maybe you remember this bad flik from one of his books.

New and old news also paints a unique picture. Hurricanes, sinkholes, raising ocean level, zika, crocs or alligators, boas, pythons and other exotic imported species, wildfires, a guy trying to pay his water bill with cocaine, a seven year old stealing his grandmothers car to do hoodrat stuff, a teenager murdering his parents so he could throw a party, flo rida, seniors loudly playing the "I'm so sick my doctor sez I'm lucky to be alive" game in the restaurants.

Vegas has many downfalls but we can get out of flake town, be on a mountain or in a canyon and not put up with anybody for days.
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    I can testify that the close spacing is standard. There are places outside of Naples, for instance, that have huge set backs and spacing and it does feel like Deliverance.

People in these communities aren't playing touch football or running their dirt bikes in the yard.

The people in these photos look like ants.

Pooh needs to build a safe room for the apocalypse or the typhoon.

Load Metric
    $1M 4XXX sq/ft no basement block house not on the water.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  5.6 KB
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 11-25-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    $1M 4000 sq/ft no basement block house not on the water.

I don't know where you got this info. Luxury custom homes run $325 sq/ft. You do the math. This isn't a $1M house. Not even close.

Load Metric
    Name:  untitled.png
Views: 491
Size:  113.3 KB

Load Metric
    We're making a little more progress here. Currently framing inside for another week or so. Windows should go in shortly thereafter. Then we will slow to a crawl while HVAC, plumbing and electric rough ins occur. I'll be excited when dry wall goes up because then it will start looking like a house. Problem is that won't be until April. Move in date probably next November. I'll keep posting pics every now and then because Krypt has been constantly pming me about it.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  2.94 MB

Load Metric
    Not sure if I ever mentioned this but third day of construction a 35 yr old plumber had a heart attack and croaked just to the right of the house. I'm told by the super that 5 hour energy and cigs all day can be bad for your health.

Load Metric
    looks nice. congrats pooh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Not sure if I ever mentioned this but third day of construction a 35 yr old plumber had a heart attack and croaked just to the right of the house. I'm told by the super that 5 hour energy and cigs all day can be bad for your health.
    Do an exorcism before you move in.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    ranch reps.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You do realize with the house address clear in the picture and this story you just posted, you literally just posted your entire identity right?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    i like your McMansion

I bet you're fucking mortgaged to the gills. good luck keeping up with the bank payments.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    You do realize with the house address clear in the picture and this story you just posted, you literally just posted your entire identity right?
    bro I don't give a fuck. You should know that by now. I didn't kill the guy. Besides I'm pretty sure I've posted the address before anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    ranch reps.
    Technically it is a ranch. Hopefully it looks a little better when it's done lol.

Load Metric

bro I don't give a fuck. You should know that by now. I didn't kill the guy. Besides I'm pretty sure I've posted the address before anyway.
    Killed the guy? Who said anything about that? I mean I know thats how you came upon your money (killing a guy), but not sure why you felt necessary to drop that nugget in here?

Trust me, of all people, having your real life identity out there for all to know can never be a good idea
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    i like your McMansion

I bet you're fucking mortgaged to the gills. good luck keeping up with the bank payments.

You're probably right!

Comments

tommyt: lol

Thread Information