Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Pooh is building a house

Load Metric
    IamGreek: Can't imagine you wanting to sell your masterpiece EVER! - The house costs us around $80k a year and we have A lOT in equity in the thing. $800k mortgage with close to $20k in taxes plus the nonsense it costs to cool the thing makes me think we could be done in a few years. Especially since I'm going to want to start working less in a couple years. We'll see. Right now I don't want to do it but I don't have the net worth it would require to hold that thing in semi retirement. Not even close.

Comments

IamGreek: What a shame. Are you old enuf for a reverse mortgage?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    This is almost an exact replica of that fireplace I posted a year ago that mumbles was all up in arms about. They literally hung that picture where the fireplace was going and built it exactly, with the exception of the columns. We went with corbels instead. They did try to fuck us by only building it 13 feet high which would've looked retarded considering those ceilings are 18 feet tall. The fireplace is 16 ft so the large crown moulding would fit.

mumbles-corinthian columns are out buddy. And those swirly ones are faggot as hell. Okay? With the ceiling height, columns were required and since this is a mediterranean house we couldn't go with the nice square wood columns (which are really nice by the way) and we wanted to stay somewhat neutral. Nothing in this house would be considered gaudy I hope as it wasn't intended to. We just wanted to build a nice house that someone would want to buy when we're ready to sell.
    This fireplace looks much more subdued than one from before. And the juxtaposition with the dark floor contributes to that effect...

Name:  AB972310-E98B-4595-9F25-9EBF8C63F327.jpeg
Views: 888
Size:  878.3 KB

...which looks fantastic, BTW. Especially with the natural lighting.

And I agree that anything about the columns that was more ornate would be distracting. And they look like they are necessary as load-bearing columns, so it was probably not a bad choice, given the Mediterr-theme.

So, despite my distaste for what I saw last year — and all kidding aside — the place looks excellent.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    did you pick out your lawn jockey yet?

there are many styles to choose from.

however, i don't think you can use this one

Name:  Cat-1102_288_0.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  41.2 KB

Comments

FPS_Russia: Had to google it hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    ROY

Silver
    Load Metric
    Pooh,

Love the paver driveway - do you know what brand of pavers (Belgarde, etc) and what the cost was per sq foot?

Also - the big palm trees - how slow do they grow? I would assume specimens that big would be super expensive - they look great as does the paved indoor patio. Surprised at the size of the palm trees but maybe that is standard where you are. Such a big tree to transplant it just seems like a lot can go wrong.

Do you know what kid of grass? Seems like a bitch to grow there but looks great.

I am a fan of the manufactured hardwoods that you have also - holds up way better than real hardwoods they sand and refinish and way more practical.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Pooh,

Love the paver driveway - do you know what brand of pavers (Belgarde, etc) and what the cost was per sq foot?

Also - the big palm trees - how slow do they grow? I would assume specimens that big would be super expensive - they look great as does the paved indoor patio. Surprised at the size of the palm trees but maybe that is standard where you are. Such a big tree to transplant it just seems like a lot can go wrong.

Do you know what kid of grass? Seems like a bitch to grow there but looks great.

I am a fan of the manufactured hardwoods that you have also - holds up way better than real hardwoods they sand and refinish and way more practical.
    Finally, I would pay a decorator to finish the place out once you by the furniture. Walls, finishings, etc. Def worth it if you do like 80% of it yourself and make then do 20%

Good shootin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Pooh,

Driveway - Temron pavers quoted at $5.90 sq/ft for 4k sq ft. I think those are standard pavers so that's the price.

I believe grass is Zoysia. Typically in Florida you'll see St. Augustine in most communities but that isn't allowed where we are.

Big palm trees like that haven't grown much if at all. Pretty much what you see is what we got. We actually went somewhat cheapskate with our landscaping for the community although we still spent close to $60k. We got away with what we could and those palms were on the less expensive side but I couldn't give you a price. It's Florida, palms aren't hard to come by.

Can't really speak to the floor but I can say that flooring was much more expensive than what we originally had picked out and was way above the proposed budget. Since Mumbles was a fan it was def worthwhile obv.
    Thanks for the compliments.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The floor was def worth it.

Load Metric
    I'm actually hurt that nobody commented on the ceiling in the living room. That thing cost me $12k over a regular ceiling but I was insistent on having it. I have the same ceiling in my office although the squares are smaller and it cost less. That fucking fireplace was $18k.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The fireplace was worth it. The ceiling, however, is a matter of taste.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    There's nothing special on that bar either. Top bottle middle is the best and it's https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...orge-v-whisky/

Top right is a nice whiskey, maybe $90. There's also some 19 yr old scotch in there as well although probably not more than $150ish.

That house turned out Great!

I gotta hand it to you Mr Pooh.. You got everything a man could want.

Load Metric
    Great Job Pooh love the pool and house design even tho i don't have a rancher style house i would prefer that style. the fake grass putting greens is very nice i have a few friends sick of lawn issues and went that route. you need air expensive up conditioning and here a lot of houses on the mountain have glycol heated drive ways snow turns to ice here very fast.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Pooh - could we get some more pictures of your wife in the new house seeing as how she will own it soon enough? TIA pal.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    did you pick out your lawn jockey yet?

there are many styles to choose from.

however, i don't think you can use this one

Name:  Cat-1102_288_0.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  41.2 KB

TBH: clever, but Pooh’s taste is much more subtle. Lawn jockey doesn’t really capture “Southern Charm,” as much ThisGuyIsWhat’s housewarming gift seems to- did you not see it hanging on the office wall?

Name:  EC69901A-2B48-4F86-89DF-53709287EBB5.jpeg
Views: 604
Size:  45.6 KB

Load Metric
    Keep the house, give me Roy.

Already told Mrs Daly she can fuck off with a Labrador and the next dog is going to be a Bassett

Comments

Pooh: bassett best dog ever

Load Metric
    Let’s raise a toast.

One year after Irma I finally got my lanai fixed today. Florida contractors just killing it

If I had a fireplace like that lovely couple Pooh and Mumbles I’d smash the glass in it.

Name:  B753C6E5-1E35-4272-B1F9-5D42716A03B0.jpeg
Views: 580
Size:  1.55 MB

Comments

duped_samaritan: cheers

Daly: Looks great

Load Metric
    I just got off the phone with Pooh’s brother. I cried.

Looks like -22% in a month

Name:  A53525DB-7DEA-4689-829B-D73C030CF6D3.png
Views: 499
Size:  329.1 KB

Oh, btw housing is next. Sell

Comments

MumblesBadly: Every time I drive by the LNG tanks in Louisiana next to the interstate, I think of Pooh.

Load Metric
    On the bright side though pooh and Garrett can now vote again

Comments

garrett: i'm not a felon and have always been allowed to vote

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    On the bright side though pooh and Garrett can now vote again

i'm not a felon and have always been allowed to vote

Load Metric
    UH OHHH

Silver
    Load Metric
    Pooh, how is the house? Any chance you've seen appreciation?

You still robbing people in South Florida doing whatever the fuck it is you do?

Load Metric
    nice living room with enough of space to park two Harleys
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 07-05-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information