Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ****Official US Open Fantasy Contest****

Load Metric

****Official US Open Fantasy Contest****

Hopefully this isnt too late in the week to get this rolling. We are going to run another major golf championship contest. Drexel was kind enough to offer up $100 for the Masters contest that was won by Lewfather. For this US Open we will have an entry fee of $10 per person. Myself & TheTemplar will be holding money in escrow for this contest. I believe he can receive funds in a variety of ways, but he can clarify.

Payouts will be as follows based on entrants:
    0-10 entrants - First place scoops
    11-20- 1st- 2/3 prize pool, 2nd- 1/3 prize pool
    21-30- 1st- 55% prize pool, 2nd- 30%, 3rd-15%

Rules are simply copied and posted from the Masters contest:
    1) Pick 5 golfers in any order. The person who picks the 5 golfers with the combined lowest 4 rounds win.
    2) Read what others have picked before you. If you pick the EXACT five golfers someone else has picked, you will
    be ineligible to win
    3) If one of your picks or more does not make the cut, whatever he finished after 2 rounds will be added to the
    score, i.e. if Dustin Johnson is +10 after day 2, you will have 10 points automatically added.
    4) In the event of a tie, the prize will be equally distributed.
    4a) If any pick is DQ or DNF you will automatically take a +18 for his final score
    5) This contest is open to everyone, friend and foe.

Get your picks posted right away; there is an inherent advantage to getting in early as no teams can be replicated. We will go on the honor system about getting the money in. Please dont post your pics and then not follow through. Im sure Druff will back us on this if this was to occur. Myself or Templar are not responsible for any funds that are not shipped after picks are posted. Anyone who does not have their money in by early Thursday will be disqualified.

I will keep a tracking spreadsheet and update it daily.
    Last edited by jsearles22; 06-15-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Like anybody wants to enter any kind of betting pool involving money that you seem to be in charge of.

I'd be shocked if anybody enters this even with Templar involved & holding the money.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Like anybody wants to enter any kind of betting pool involving money that you seem to be in charge of.

I'd be shocked if anybody enters this even with Templar involved & holding the money.
    How am I in any way in charge of the money if it never is in my hands? Are you questioning TheTemplar's integrity along with mine?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

How am I in any way in charge of the money if it never is in my hands? Are you questioning TheTemplar's integrity along with mine?
    You must have reading comprehension problems.

You are the OP so you would SEEM to be in charge of the pool.

You are regarded as, at best, an angle-shooter or, or at worst, a scammer by basically everybody that posts here. Most people won't even bother reading to the part about The Templar holding the money.

I'm surprised that TheTemplar is letting you use his reputation to attempt to get back into the good graces here because your reputation is in need of some serious re-habbing.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

You must have reading comprehension problems.

You are the OP so you would SEEM to be in charge of the pool.

You are regarded as, at best, an angle-shooter or, or at worst, a scammer by basically everybody that posts here. Most people won't even bother reading to the part about The Templar holding the money.

I'm surprised that TheTemplar is letting you use his reputation to attempt to get back into the good graces here because your reputation is in need of some serious re-habbing.
    Well then I appreciate the publicity you are offering here. I understand if you arent interested Hockey Guy. I politely ask you to quit fagging up this thread now as you have made yourself perfectly clear.

Everyone, TheTemplar has agreed to be in charge of the funds for this contest. I am in no way responsible for the money involved and will have no access to it. I am merely offering to provide the spreadsheet, exactly like I did for the Masters free roll.

Load Metric
    I'd be happy to enter but not if the scammer is in charge of any aspect of it. Period.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I'd be happy to enter but not if the scammer is in charge of any aspect of it. Period.
    Word

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Faduniak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Word
    You guys are simply showing your stupidity. How am I in charge in any capactiy? TheTemplar is taking the money and will be paying out a winner. The rules were set by Drexel. How do I have anything to do with the potential outcome or operation?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can and will hold the pokersite transfers, and will forward them on to Druff via paypal like I did for the Hu tourney. If you want to pay by paypal ship directly to Druff. You can pm me for my details.

Searless is pretty good at making the spreadsheets and keeping track. That is all he will do. If you don't want him doing that, then its fine. But someone else is gonna have to do it, cause I'm not.

Btw when does this thing start?
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    I can and will hold the pokersite transfers, and will forward them on to Druff via paypal like I did for the Hu tourney. If you want to pay by paypal ship directly to Druff. You can pm me for my details.

Searless is pretty good at making the spreadsheets and keeping track. That is all he will do. If you don't want him doing that, then its fine. But someone else is gonna have to do it, cause I'm not.

Btw when does this thing start?
    The tournament starts early Thursday morning.
    Thanks for helping out Templar. If everyone doesnt want me involved whatsoever I would be happy to forward the spreadsheet i used for the Masters contest to whomever wants to take care of it.

Load Metric
    FUCK OFF SEARLES YOU SCAMMING GOOK FAGGOT EVERYONE HATES YOU

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Won't be associated with any contest involving jfaggot.

Ship spreadsheet to Templar and fuck off.

Also ruling you ineligible for said tournament, unless you escrow entry fee in full and all winnings go to Vegas for payment of debt.

Load Metric
    LOL!!! This went well for our resident angle shooting fucktard.

Hilarious to see this moron is too stupid to realize it's not about him holding any money, and all about not wanting to be involved with anything gambling related, especially when he could benefit.

Thank you for the support gentleman.

Last edited by vegas1369; 06-12-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Load Metric
    I too shall take a pass on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    I politely ask you to quit fagging up this thread now as you have made yourself perfectly clear.
    You fag up every thread you post in, now you're politely asking us not to fag up yours? FUCK YOURSELF SEARLES. No one wants anything to do with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    How many people are in on this?

Load Metric
    jsearles may win this one as the only entrant

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    jsearles may win this one as the only entrant
    He will probably scam himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    There seems to be some confusion regarding rule #3. To clarify, any player who misses the cut will have their score doubled. This only makes sense, especially in a US Open where the majority of the competitors will finish well over par.

Rules for my personal golf contest were taken directly from Drexel's Masters freeroll. There was actually discussion regarding this rule during that contest as well. http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-Contest/page5

Here are the 100% accurate scores for my own personal contest after 1 round.
    Name:  USOpenfriday.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  173.4 KB

Load Metric
    If "Hoagie" wins this, what is the prize?

Thread Information