Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, Trump's tax plan just dropped, great news....

Load Metric

Hey guys, Trump's tax plan just dropped, great news....

....if you're earning over a million a year or are a corporation.

Those struggling to make ends meet with middle class salaries, say 75k a year, are going to be actually paying about $2400 a year MORE in taxes.

But hey at least you got rid of Obamacare right?

Comments

dwai: shut up fag

Krypt:

NaturalBornHustler: Hey look Tine is still fucking obsessed with Trump.
    Last edited by sonatine; 11-26-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    great news !!

Load Metric
    okay, so does the $2400 buy anything?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

oh yeah totally it offsets the estate tax that trump just repealed.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: oh, i was hoping of personal signage space on the Mexican border wall

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

which will be great news to the people who now save over $300k a year in federal income tax, also thanks to this tax plan.

Load Metric
    all good tho because these massive corporate tax breaks will surely be invested back into the middle class, not spent on robots and executive bonuses.

Comments

Krypt: Gotemm

Load Metric
    Trump’s tax plan will sock it to single mothers, by ending the ability to file as head of household and thus raising taxes on unmarried filers.

suck on that you nonchristian whore mothers

Comments

Gordman: Whores! ALL OF EM

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They should be taking more from that goddamn middle class. They got off easy

Stupid fuckers.

Load Metric

no, the estate tax has not been repealed, yet; Congress has to vote to do that

what is proposed by Trump is to replace the current system with something like a capital gains tax...heirs of estates would pay a capital gains tax (which can amount to 20%) on the difference between the fair market value of inherited property at date of death and the donor's basis...

the current system applies a transfer tax (estate tax) of 40% on all property exceeding $5.43 million transferred to non-charitable beneficiaries, 11.8 million transferred by a married couple.

thus, the tax rate would be lower, but what hasn't been worked out is how much wealth could be transferred before the capital gain tax would apply (that is, the tax threshold: would it be lowered? or raised?).

complete repeal of the estate tax is unlikely to pass--too divisive; some sort of compromise like the Trump proposal may

and, i still fancy the idea of a MySpace page on the Mexican Border wall

Comments

sonatine: thank you for coging it up

Load Metric

Those struggling to make ends meet with middle class salaries, say 75k a year, are going to be actually paying about $2400 a month MORE in taxes.

post link to source of data please, Sonatine

Comments

lewfather: http://www.google.com/

Tellafriend: offset - this isn't true

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'll never understand why the middle class and lower sheep vote republican.

Comments

GambleBotsSatire: Please lord, this boy needs jesus Heal this child, help us destroy these demons

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: to stick it to welfare n-words and handicapped kids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Your avatar should give a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Patriotism
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric

Those struggling to make ends meet with middle class salaries, say 75k a year, are going to be actually paying about $2400 a month MORE in taxes.

post link to source of data please, Sonatine
    posting a link would have been the obvious move, so we can assume that the failure to do so was quite deliberate. draw any conclusions you want from that

Load Metric
    Sonatine - this is all a bunch of bullshit. You must be bored or in angst over something. You are better than this. Get a breath of fresh air.

Load Metric
    Obviously if you're a single person with no kids making 75k a year, you're not struggling to make ends meet. And you're single with no kids making 75k a year you were already getting ass raped with payroll taxes, paying 35% of your check to income taxes alone.

I seriously am having a hard time trying to think of any policy that obama or any Democrat helped enact in the past 8 years that helped a sheep like me, please enlighten me lewfather.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. shit poster supreme. lying pos
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Obviously if you're a single person with no kids making 75k a year, you're not struggling to make ends meet. And you're single with no kids making 75k a year you were already getting ass raped with payroll taxes, paying 35% of your check to income taxes alone.

I seriously am having a hard time trying to think of any policy that obama or any Democrat helped enact in the past 8 years that helped a sheep like me, please enlighten me lewfather.
    I have a problem with this thought process. First of all, because kids are a choice and I don't think that somebody should be awarded or penalized for having them. Many of us "75k a year" people are also burdened by massive student loan debt, because the cost of education has increased so dramatically. I'm currently paying a small fortune evey month servicing student loan debt. It has been a major deciding factor to not even have children. I've pushed that privilege off in my mind for at least another decade. I'm paying enough a month so that it's just as much a burden to me as a child would be.

If they are going to increase the tax rate on the middle class, then student loan payments should be tax deductible. I would like to go to graduate school, but can't even fathom the idea of piling on the huge debt load that would cost. In fact, people paying for college as they go rather than taking loans should also be able to deduct those payments. That would make much more sense. It's basically a government investment, because if they made it more practical for people to get educated, then they would in turn make more money and down the road pay the higher tax rate for many more years into the future.

Ultimately, the government shouldn't even be encouraging people to have more kids. The country is already heavily in debt and jobs have disappeared overseas. Even if Trump were to start to bring manufacturing jobs back there wouldn't be as many due to automation. It will still certainly increase jobs though, because somebody still has to develop, build, program, install and maintain those robots. It would have a major impact on the economy in a positive way, but there will still be fewer jobs and there is no way to change that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    Patriotism
    Retardation

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

I have a problem with this thought process. First of all, because kids are a choice and I don't think that somebody should be awarded or penalized for having them. Many of us "75k a year" people are also burdened by massive student loan debt, because the cost of education has increased so dramatically. I'm currently paying a small fortune evey month servicing student loan debt. It has been a major deciding factor to not even have children. I've pushed that privilege off in my mind for at least another decade. I'm paying enough a month so that it's just as much a burden to me as a child would be.

If they are going to increase the tax rate on the middle class, then student loan payments should be tax deductible. I would like to go to graduate school, but can't even fathom the idea of piling on the huge debt load that would cost. In fact, people paying for college as they go rather than taking loans should also be able to deduct those payments. That would make much more sense. It's basically a government investment, because if they made it more practical for people to get educated, then they would in turn make more money and down the road pay the higher tax rate for many more years into the future.

Ultimately, the government shouldn't even be encouraging people to have more kids. The country is already heavily in debt and jobs have disappeared overseas. Even if Trump were to start to bring manufacturing jobs back there wouldn't be as many due to automation. It will still certainly increase jobs though, because somebody still has to develop, build, program, install and maintain those robots. It would have a major impact on the economy in a positive way, but there will still be fewer jobs and there is no way to change that.
    Literally you are wrong on just about every single thing you typed.

More kids equals more tax payers - Slowing growth and immigration is a 100% sure fire way to totally collapse as a country.

You should have worked while in school, gone to community college for two years or a million other options. I don't understand why you think you are entitled to some kind of break because you were terribly irresponsible.

Post reads like classic entitlement generation.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

Literally you are wrong on just about every single thing you typed.

More kids equals more tax payers - Slowing growth and immigration is a 100% sure fire way to totally collapse as a country.

You should have worked while in school, gone to community college for two years or a million other options. I don't understand why you think you are entitled to some kind of break because you were terribly irresponsible.

Post reads like classic entitlement generation.
    LOL you need more jobs that pay above minimum wage for those people to become tax payers and not tax leaches. It's very simple supply and demand.

Why do you think that companies manage their production rather than just producing as much as possible? Just because the product/people are there that doesn't mean it will generate revenue.

What would happen if a hundred million additional people magically appeared in this country tomorrow? Would they magically become revenue generators or would unemployment go up dramatically? I'll tell you what would happen. The tax base would remain relatively the same, but the tax burden would increase dramatically.

Post reads like a classic simple minded fool.

Thread Information