Thread: An Ongoing Evaluation of the Donald Trump Presidency

Load Metric

An Ongoing Evaluation of the Donald Trump Presidency

Hopefully we can avoid speculation and hearsay itt and evaluate him on his actual decisions.

He has zero experience so it should be interesting haha.

First order of business is picking a cabinet.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Pretty sure there's another Trump thread already

Comments

Henry: yea and honestly man if gordo wasn't hanging out in there posting fresh prince of bel-air videos i'd be cool with that thread but he is so i'm not.

Load Metric
    I actually prefer him adding a Bannon to the staff. I look at that Paul Ryan/Pence wing as the typical GOP orthodoxy, and anyone that looks to settle internal grudges and cause friction in that circle is a positive.

Fuck it, he won. At this point I'd prefer CNN and MSNBC to quit pointing out that he's full of shit and unlikely to do anything he promised. If he decides to act like a populist or in a more moderate manner, let's shut the fuck up and he happy about it rather than point out the hypocrisy. At least save it up for 6 months before the next election. Let's not mock him into hugging the religious right. He hasn't wanted to spend a minute with those fucking stiffs his entire adult life living in NYC. Our best bet is he wants to be seen as some type of people's champ in the only city that matters to him.

I hope Ivanka and the two sons get security clearance. Sure, it's going to be corrupt as fuck and they'll make billions in graft. but that's politics and going to happen anyway. If Grandpa gets fired up on Twitter and wants to nuke North Korea at 3AM, I want Ivanka to be able to put her grandson on the phone and have him beg grandpa to chill out because he'd like to see 10. I don't think he gives a fuck what anyone else says.

Once he won, its pure pragmatism time. A less educated version of the W administration isn't good for anyone, and amongst establishment figures, the only supporters he had are lower rung guys.. Better for him to bring in his own crew of misfit toys. They'll kill a year just getting up to speed.

Edit-last half was mostly speculative, and I remembered after, not the focus of this thread.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Great post

ThreeBet: Well reasoned
    Last edited by BCR; 11-14-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Load Metric
    I'm with Her bumper stickers on our loved ones cars trying to avoid them being the next Reginald Denny after a wrong turn.

lolzzz ^^

I agree 100% with everything bcr just posted. The religious cooks are who I have issues with, fuck them.
    Idc that Trump is a bigot and a womanizer I am however shitting a brick about that maniac Pence being in power, that would be very bad.
    Hopefully Trump stays healthy

Comments

BCR: Sorry. I edited before your response because that was more speculative rather than whats going on currently

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Everyone but me thinks the TPP is dead.

Comments

Henry: speculating

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I actually prefer him adding a Bannon to the staff. I look at that Paul Ryan/Pence wing as the typical GOP orthodoxy, and anyone that looks to settle internal grudges and cause friction in that circle is a positive.

Fuck it, he won. At this point I'd prefer CNN and MSNBC to quit pointing out that he's full of shit and unlikely to do anything he promised. If he decides to act like a populist or in a more moderate manner, let's shut the fuck up and he happy about it rather than point out the hypocrisy. At least save it up for 6 months before the next election. Let's not mock him into hugging the religious right. He hasn't wanted to spend a minute with those fucking stiffs his entire adult life living in NYC. Our best bet is he wants to be seen as some type of people's champ in the only city that matters to him.

I hope Ivanka and the two sons get security clearance. Sure, it's going to be corrupt as fuck and they'll make billions in graft. but that's politics and going to happen anyway. If Grandpa gets fired up on Twitter and wants to nuke North Korea at 3AM, I want Ivanka to be able to put her grandson on the phone and have him beg grandpa to chill out because he'd like to see 10. I don't think he gives a fuck what anyone else says.

Once he won, its pure pragmatism time. A less educated version of the W administration isn't good for anyone, and amongst establishment figures, the only supporters he had are lower rung guys.. Better for him to bring in his own crew of misfit toys. They'll kill a year just getting up to speed.

Edit-last half was mostly speculative, and I remembered after, not the focus of this thread.
    Best bet is to just change the channel because that shit isn't ending any time soon. Fox did the same thing with Obama for past 8 years. Just the way of the world.

Great post.

Thread Information