Thread: Great risk/reward intermediate term equity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Great risk/reward intermediate term equity

Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA)

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell. My track record with regards to actively picking and choosing healthcare stocks is uncanny. I've tracked this particular company since it IPO'd a couple months back at ~18/ share in private placement. The technology this company is helping pioneer en masse is CRISPR/Cas-9 gene editing. This is potentially groundbreaking science we're talking about, and certainly not your run of the mill sandbox malarkey. Mind you, I've never dedicated a thread to a single investment thesis, so rest assured this is an extremely promising investment in a sector which should in theory flourish with no price controls/regulation in sight. Intellia's partnerships with Norvartis and Regeneron indicate to me that its management and team are very much capable of stellar R&D. The current pps of $14.80 presents an excellent entry point and I own ~ $23,000 worth of the company's stock at an avg price of 15.04.

Many of you will question my motivations in making this invaluable information public, but please bear in mind that the holidays are coming up and I'd like everyone to be able to get their loved ones a nice gift.

-Krypt

Comments

Henry: :popcorn

Gold
    Load Metric
    Good luck on your investment. I thought the CRISPR hype was fading away. I traded this stock earlier this year but haven't look at it since.

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    You'll learn the hard way that picking individual stocks as a method to make money is a certified failure. They only exception was probably from 1995-1999 when the Internet stock market bubble made some people rich right away, but a lot of people poor long term.

I have found picking individual stocks is dangerous. Even when you win on a stock, there are two more that go south on you. Then you have the whole tax issue with capital gains, blah, blah blah.

It's not worth it long term for a small investor. Like I said chances are you will learn the hard way as you get older, there are always an exception here and there. Good luck.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    You'll learn the hard way that picking individual stocks as a method to make money is a certified failure. They only exception was probably from 1995-1999 when the Internet stock market bubble made some people rich right away, but a lot of people poor long term.

I have found picking individual stocks is dangerous. Even when you win on a stock, there are two more that go south on you. Then you have the whole tax issue with capital gains, blah, blah blah.

It's not worth it long term for a small investor. Like I said chances are you will learn the hard way as you get older, there are always an exception here and there. Good luck.
    The hardest part about picking individual stocks is holding them. Too tempting to sell them, especially after a decent gain.

Load Metric
    Up 10% today

With great power comes great responsibility

Please clap.

Comments

Pooh: please clap....lol. made me chuckle.

Load Metric
    Krypt I thought you didn't like masturbation yet you make posts stroking yourself.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Up 10% today

With great power comes great responsibility

Please clap.
    You should thank TRUMP for that move. Biotech has been hot since he got into office.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell. My track record with regards to actively picking and choosing healthcare stocks is uncanny. I've tracked this particular company since it IPO'd a couple months back at ~18/ share in private placement. The technology this company is helping pioneer en masse is CRISPR/Cas-9 gene editing. This is potentially groundbreaking science we're talking about, and certainly not your run of the mill sandbox malarkey. Mind you, I've never dedicated a thread to a single investment thesis, so rest assured this is an extremely promising investment in a sector which should in theory flourish with no price controls/regulation in sight. Intellia's partnerships with Norvartis and Regeneron indicate to me that its management and team are very much capable of stellar R&D. The current pps of $14.80 presents an excellent entry point and I own ~ $23,000 worth of the company's stock at an avg price of 15.04.

Many of you will question my motivations in making this invaluable information public, but please bear in mind that the holidays are coming up and I'd like everyone to be able to get their loved ones a nice gift.

-Krypt
    Shitty stock bruh. I'd sell now

Load Metric

-Krypt
    Looking to pump the value of the stock up so you can sell at leas of a loss? Smart...
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Gold
    Load Metric

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell.
    Of all time? And sold 48 hours later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell.
    Of all time? And sold 48 hours later.
    Give the kid some credit. It's his first pick that's ever gone up. Quick trigger finger though I'll give you that, especially if it goes to the moon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I got almost 10k and I'm burnt on Poker where is a good place to start gathering info on picking the profitable stocks? Sounds like hit or miss but there has to be a science to this.
    Last edited by jacosta24; 11-15-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    I got almost 10k and I'm burnt on Poker and work what w
    If you have 10k to your name I'd skip gambling it away in the stock market. 10k is 10k. Money doesn't come easy. As for being burnt out on work...it's called life.

Load Metric
    There's no science to it. Krypt's stock could have been cut in half just as easily. All the crap you can read on the Internet about people building a few thousand into millions is pure crap.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The technology this company is helping pioneer en masse is CRISPR/Cas-9 gene editing. This is potentially groundbreaking science we're talking about, and certainly not your run of the mill sandbox malarkey.
    -Krypt
    15 November 2016
    CRISPR gene-editing tested in a person for the first time

The move by Chinese scientists could spark a biomedical duel between China and the United States.

A Chinese group has become the first to inject a person with cells that contain genes edited using the revolutionary CRISPR–Cas9 technique.

On 28 October, a team led by oncologist Lu You at Sichuan University in Chengdu delivered the modified cells into a patient with aggressive lung cancer as part of a clinical trial at the West China Hospital, also in Chengdu.http://www.nature.com/news/crispr-ge...t-time-1.20988

Load Metric
    please respect

Load Metric
    $30.55

Please clap

Load Metric
    Actively evaluating shorting this

Load Metric
    how many posters here can actually give you both a long/short pick yielding +150% on the long side and consequently +50% on the short side?

Thread Information