Thread: INTERTOPS shady as fuck

Load Metric

INTERTOPS shady as fuck

Placed a bet last minute on Trump to win at +375. I checked this morning and it still showed pending. So I emailed them and get this shit canned answer. Sounds to me like they just don't want to pay off and are making excuses. Nowhere did it say bet can't be resolved till Jan 20th 2017. The bottom was my original short email to them.

Dear Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Intertops Customer Support!

The bet regarding ´US Elections 2016: Who will be the next President?´ will be graded in January 2017, after Presidential inauguration. Mr Trump has won the elections but he´s still not the President. Until he is not officially president of the USA, the bet won´t be graded.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Support.

Sincerely,

Dora

Intertops Customer Support

Chat: Live-Chat
    Your Feedback is important!
    E-Mail: bet@intertops.eu
    North America: 1-866-549-2437
    Regular line: +1-268-480-3100
    Fax: +1-268-480-3110/3111/3112
    cid:file0.png@EMBED

Bet was Trump to win +375.. Trump has won US Election so bet should be paid off as a win currently.
    Last edited by Dan Druff; 11-09-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Placed a bet last minute on Trump to win at +375. I checked this morning and it still showed pending. So I emailed them and get this shit canned answer. Sounds to me like they just don't want to pay off and are making excuses. Nowhere did it say bet can't be resolved till Jan 20th 2017. The bottom was my original short email to them.

Dear Xxxxxxx,

The bet regarding ´US Elections 2016: Who will be the next President?´ will be graded in January 2017, after Presidential inauguration. Mr Trump has won the elections but he´s still not the President. Until he is not officially president of the USA, the bet won´t be graded.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Support.

Sincerely,

Dora

Bet was Trump to win +375.. Trump has won US Election so bet should be paid off as a win currently.

I agree. Very shady.

Intertops has been around since the 90s, and has a good rep, but this is a really lousy (and non-standard) policy, and they should have made this really clear before taking bets from people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Dear Xxxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Dora

I agree. Very shady.

Intertops has been around since the 90s, and has a good rep, but this is a really lousy (and non-standard) policy, and they should have made this really clear before taking bets from people.
    When i was looking at this I could not find anywhere where it said when it would be paid off. I thus assumed it would be swearing in and not earlier.

Load Metric
    So, if he gets assassinated before inauguration you lose?

@ intertops.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They are using a word technicality since it says "Who will be the next president" instead of "Who will be elected the next US President" which they would have to pay on that one imo.

The terms should have been stated more clearly that the bet won't be settled until the next president takes office. While they are within the rules based on the wording it don't mean that it's not a shady way of doing things because it's likely an action killer for them if they stated after inauguration.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Colonel Fabersham called them on radio.

The rep obnoxiously said that Intertops "isn't allowed" to pay until January 20.

When asked who isn't allowing them, given that they control their own money, the rep conceded that this was an internal rule made by the betting manager.

When asked if we could speak to the betting manager, they said he doesn't take phone calls.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Most books don't do political bets this way (I know Bovada paid me out yesterday on all of my political bets), but I have heard of this practice before.

Also, very shady that INTERTOPS didn't put this in as a qualifier when you placed the bet (like for example, when you place a baseball bet on Bovada, a popup comes up after your wager requiring you to click on a box that says, "only valid if the starting pitcher begins the game", so that's there's a transparency there on the validity of the bet in relation to the books' rules caveat).

A bettor should have the right to know what qualifies as a ship and when they should expect to be paid out. The type of gonzo approach INTERTOPS did here is very shady and IMO, very un-customer friendly. But it just underscores the fact that the book makes the rules and most of the time, there's nothing you can do except bitch on sites like these and hope they resolve the situation appropriately.

Also, I will say, another reason why they (unfortunately) have every right to not pay out until President Trump is sworn in by a Supreme Court Justice: Hillary does still have one way to win:

For diehard Democrats holding out hope that they won’t have to live through a Donald Trump presidency, there is a last, incredibly long shot for them latch onto — a surprise twist in the Electoral College.

Though Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 200,000, Trump has won the minimum of 270 electoral votes necessary to be elected president. As of late Wednesday, he had 290 to Clinton’s 228.

According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”
    http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one...e-white-house/
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    So, if he gets assassinated before inauguration you lose?

@ intertops.
    Well given the options there.. I would assume it might go to No Action considering Hillary isn't being sworn in any more then Gary Johnson, Jill Stein or Evan whothefuckhewas.. But then again one could possibly think Intertops might just try to fuck everybody over at that point since the other ones were losses (You gotta believe that they already marked the other bets as losses for those who bet on Hillary or took flyers on the others)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Most books don't do political bets this way (I know Bovada paid me out yesterday on all of my political bets), but I have heard of this practice before.

Also, very shady that INTERTOPS didn't put this in as a qualifier when you placed the bet (like for example, when you place a baseball bet on Bovada, a popup comes up after your wager requiring you to click on a box that says, "only valid if the starting pitcher begins the game", so that's there's a transparency there on the validity of the bet in relation to the books' rules caveat).

A bettor should have the right to know what qualifies as a ship and when they should expect to be paid out. The type of gonzo approach INTERTOPS did here is very shady and IMO, very un-customer friendly. But it just underscores the fact that the book makes the rules and most of the time, there's nothing you can do except bitch on sites like these and hope they resolve the situation appropriately.

Also, I will say, another reason why they (unfortunately) have every right to not pay out until President Trump is sworn in by a Supreme Court Justice: Hillary does still have one way to win:

For diehard Democrats holding out hope that they won’t have to live through a Donald Trump presidency, there is a last, incredibly long shot for them latch onto — a surprise twist in the Electoral College.

Though Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 200,000, Trump has won the minimum of 270 electoral votes necessary to be elected president. As of late Wednesday, he had 290 to Clinton’s 228.

According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or abstaining from voting.

There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”
    http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one...e-white-house/
    Somebody needs to inform the NY Post that first off she hasn't won even the popular vote yet officially.. Its 200k.. (out of 125M+ votes) which so far remains as the tightest vote margin in US Presidential history I believe. As of last night AZ still have 1Million early,absentee ballots to count not to mention the military overseas ballots across this county likely haven't been counted except possibly in Oregon which does all mail balloting.. Its possible her slim 200k lead could widen or disappear totally with a small Trump win as well.. We wont really know until 10-14 days from now probably..

Load Metric
    Good News: They did pay the bet end of the week finally..

Bad News: I just had to email these clowns because it wont let me W/D telling me Ive exceeded the limit on BTC.. Problem is Ive never actually W/D from these clowns on BTC so this is a bullshit move.. I verified my account already so its not that.. Guessing they don't like people daring to take some profits off.. Will let you guys know where this goes but this bogus exceeded W/D limit on BTC is bullshit.

Comments

smiflorida:

Thread Information