Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explain this weird occurrence in Vegas 20 years ago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Explain this weird occurrence in Vegas 20 years ago

The scene:

It's 1996, and I'm with my then-girlfriend (no one anyone here knows) at the Las Vegas Hilton.

It's late at night, and she tells me she wants pizza. I am also in the mood for pizza, but the pizza place in the Hilton is closed, and no local places will deliver at that time.

I call around and find one down Las Vegas Blvd to the north which is open and will allow me to pick it up. I order a large pepperoni pizza, total is $11, and get in my car shortly thereafter to go pick it up. The area where the pizza place is located is pretty ghetto, but I throw caution to the wind. I think it's about 1am.

I get there and still have to wait about 5 minutes for my pizza to be ready. There are some weird and shady characters hanging out there, and I don't feel too comfortable, but I just keep to myself.

After about 5-10 minutes, they say my pizza is ready. I walk to the counter, check it, everything looks good, pay my $11, and am about to be on my way.

A druggy-looking white guy in his 30s approaches me while I'm still inside the pizza place. He asks if he can have a slice of my pizza.

I tell him that I need the entire pizza for the people I'm bringing it to, and politely tell him that I can't give any away.

He then says, "I'll buy the piece off you. I'm not asking for freebies. Just sell me a slice."

Again, I tell him that I can't give away any of the pizza, or some of the people I'm buying it for will not have enough. In reality, I just didn't feel like transacting with this guy, and the whole thing was weird in the first place.

By this point, the entire place is hearing the conversation and taking interest, as this dude is talking fairly loud.

He then counters, "Look, I really want that slice! I'll give you 10 bucks for it!"

At this point the guy behind the counter interrupts.

"That whole pizza is $11," he explainis. "I have slices right here I can sell you right now for much less than $10. If you want a slice, just come here and I'll sell you one."

The druggy responds, "No, I want that slice. Not the ones you have there. I want that pizza and only that pizza. So do we have a deal?"

I felt really weird taking the $10 for one slice of an $11 pizza, but it seemed this dude really wanted it, and I was definitely making out extremely well by the deal. I said, "Okay, if you really want to pay $10 for this, I'll sell you a slice, but again, maybe you should just go to the counter and buy a much cheaper one."

"No, I don't want those," he said. "Here's your $10." He handed me a $10 bill.

I then handed him a slice of pizza, and walked out.

Everyone in the place had a WTF look on their faces.

Explain what happened here.

Don't just say, "Cocaine, one hell of a drug." Explain what you think was going through this guy's head.

On a side note, I wasn't sure what my girlfriend was going to say about me returning with a pizza with a missing slice, but when I told her the story, she agreed we did the right thing.

Comments

Jayjami: So this is how you met Micon?

Load Metric
    it was neverwin

no really it was a fake $10

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    it was neverwin

no really it was a fake $10
    That's a good theory.

If it was, I passed it to the next chump without any problem.

Gold
    Load Metric
    A cheap Jew insults a druggie by insinuating he wanted a free slice of pizza. The druggie, embarrassed by the cheap Jew, makes an offer a cheap Jew couldn't resist to save face amongst his friends. My original guess was fake bill.

Load Metric
    I was drunk and walking dows the street in a college town whe I was 19 or so A girl was walking the otherway with a pizza, I asked her for a slice but she told me to no. Long story short I stole that fucker but dropped half of it during the struggle.

Comments

jacosta24: Lol

LegalizeMeth:

ThreeBet: lmao

Corrigan: hof

nunbeater: whoa

Load Metric

Probably just an aggressive mentally ill person. Most drugs that make you act strange in that manner don't leave you hungry.

In that same timeframe I was in Las Vegas for a wedding with my ex-wife(we weren't yet married) and walking down the strip with a large group of friends. Wall to wall people on sidewalk. This guy was also a 20 something dude walking with one other person coming up behind us, and for some reason as he was passing our group, leaned into me and shouted at the top of his lungs,"FOOTBALL" right into my ear. Only word he screamed. I must have jumped a foot away startled because he caught me so off guard. Embarassed at my reaction and all the people staring at me, I regained my composure and promptly beat the fuck out of him right there. My friends basically dragged me off him and got me out of dodge before the police came.

On reflection, it wasn't necessary. I was a pretty big cat at that time and the guy was clearly out of his mind. The sidewalk was packed full of little Asians and thousand easier marks if you wanted to start something. He simply embarassed and startled me and I overreacted. Crazy people just want to try you sometimes. Your guy sounds off and like he was trying you a bit, who knows why? You were a 6'2 young dude, so probably nuts. I assume you don't have an answer as to his behavior.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He didn't trust the cook, probably a schitzo.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Mostly just awkwardly got stubborn in proving to you and others that he wasn't a bum looking for handouts.

And partly that pizza looked dam good as they were boxing it up for you. Better than the slices that had been laid out for possibly hours. YOLO.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 11-01-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Load Metric
    Or he'd never tried non pork pepperoni pizza

Load Metric
    I suppose it could have been nefarious but I dobut it. Like stall you while his buddy cases your Chrysler Concorde or Accura Integra.

I think he might have been thinking back to his childhood. Maybe somebody you looked like once flipped him a slice and he was trying to repeat that experience. Money was no object. Maybe you looked like somebody he knew or .....

He fell out of a watchtower

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The scene:

It's 1996, and I'm with my then-girlfriend (no one anyone here knows) at the Las Vegas Hilton.

It's late at night, and she tells me she wants pizza. I am also in the mood for pizza, but the pizza place in the Hilton is closed, and no local places will deliver at that time.

I call around and find one down Las Vegas Blvd to the north which is open and will allow me to pick it up. I order a large pepperoni pizza, total is $11, and get in my car shortly thereafter to go pick it up. The area where the pizza place is located is pretty ghetto, but I throw caution to the wind. I think it's about 1am.

I get there and still have to wait about 5 minutes for my pizza to be ready. There are some weird and shady characters hanging out there, and I don't feel too comfortable, but I just keep to myself.

After about 5-10 minutes, they say my pizza is ready. I walk to the counter, check it, everything looks good, pay my $11, and am about to be on my way.

A druggy-looking white guy in his 30s approaches me while I'm still inside the pizza place. He asks if he can have a slice of my pizza.

I tell him that I need the entire pizza for the people I'm bringing it to, and politely tell him that I can't give any away.

He then says, "I'll buy the piece off you. I'm not asking for freebies. Just sell me a slice."

Again, I tell him that I can't give away any of the pizza, or some of the people I'm buying it for will not have enough. In reality, I just didn't feel like transacting with this guy, and the whole thing was weird in the first place.

By this point, the entire place is hearing the conversation and taking interest, as this dude is talking fairly loud.

He then counters, "Look, I really want that slice! I'll give you 10 bucks for it!"

At this point the guy behind the counter interrupts.

"That whole pizza is $11," he explainis. "I have slices right here I can sell you right now for much less than $10. If you want a slice, just come here and I'll sell you one."

The druggy responds, "No, I want that slice. Not the ones you have there. I want that pizza and only that pizza. So do we have a deal?"

I felt really weird taking the $10 for one slice of an $11 pizza, but it seemed this dude really wanted it, and I was definitely making out extremely well by the deal. I said, "Okay, if you really want to pay $10 for this, I'll sell you a slice, but again, maybe you should just go to the counter and buy a much cheaper one."

"No, I don't want those," he said. "Here's your $10." He handed me a $10 bill.

I then handed him a slice of pizza, and walked out.

Everyone in the place had a WTF look on their faces.

Explain what happened here.

Don't just say, "Cocaine, one hell of a drug." Explain what you think was going through this guy's head.

On a side note, I wasn't sure what my girlfriend was going to say about me returning with a pizza with a missing slice, but when I told her the story, she agreed we did the right thing.
    I can assure you that guy was NOT on cocaine at the time.

Load Metric
    Maybe he was a member of Choice Center and this was a workshop drill to get him in touch with his environment
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Schizophrenic behavior. Paranoid-delusional. Most likely off his meds. Typical democrat, life teat nurser.

Now on to you..

How do you not take his $10 and give it to the pizza guy and ask, 'Is this fake?' Followed by 'make me another pizza', because leaving with a slice missing pie just isn't kosher.

Load Metric
    If you didn't sell him one slice for $10 nobody would have believed the story.
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Load Metric
    Slices sit around forever. Guy wanted a fresh piece right at that moment and was prepared to pay for it.

Load Metric

Cool

Coulda been a prop bet or scavenger hunt.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: fucker got there first. had thread open ages before posting

Sanlmar: Allen Funt award winner rep. Somebody bought $10 of comedy.

Load Metric
    He done it for a bet or some kinda weird challenge.

Next question
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    "I walk to the counter, check it, everything looks good, pay my $11"

Quite frankly, this is the only thing I find weird about Druff's story
    PFA NFL Handicapping Champion

Load Metric
    This was a matter of principle and you sold yours for $10.

Didn't you feel humiliated by taking the money and handing him a slice of YOUR pizza, especially in a room full of people? Please don't tell me you let him reach into the box and take the slice with his own hands.

You lost this encounter badly.

Comments

Tegnation22: Exactly. He picked you and proved you would do whatever he said

Thread Information