Thread: Watch video of people running away from American Airlines plane on fire at O'Hare Chicago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Watch video of people running away from American Airlines plane on fire at O'Hare Chicago

Imagine being stuck on that plane full of fuel (this was an aborted takeoff) and seeing those flames out the window.

Watch everyone run as soon as they get off the slide, then slow down when they're far enough away from the danger zone from a potential explosion.

Load Metric
    You see the Jennifer Anniston ad for Arab Emirates Airline? Annoying as shit but I had no idea how plush that ride is.

Gotta watch this video to the end. The best thing that happened in the Ravine this year.

Load Metric
    Somewhat reminds me of the Concorde crash over Paris. Pilot was too far down the runway to abort, forcing him to take a burning plane into the skies. GG

Interested to see how close this pilot got to the point of no return.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    I guarantee you I'd be running a lot faster than those folks

Comments

OSA: I agree
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Somewhat reminds me of the Concorde crash over Paris. Pilot was too far down the runway to abort, forcing him to take a burning plane into the skies. GG

Interested to see how close this pilot got to the point of no return.
    This is actually one of the scariest commercial aviation photos I've ever seen:

I wonder how long the Concorde would have been viable if it hadn't been for this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I wonder how long the Concorde would have been viable if it hadn't been for this.

Believe Concorde was always run at a loss and was only kept in service due to its high profile that benefited both British Airways & Air France.

The crash which finished it was super unlucky. During take off the tyre caught a strip of metal which somehow got left undetected on the runway. Tyre ripped to shreds and part of it got sucked up into the engine, but too late to abort.

Gave them the excuse to retire Concorde off for good even though it was a perfectly safe aircraft.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Believe Concorde was always run at a loss and was only kept in service due to its high profile that benefited both British Airways & Air France.

The crash which finished it was super unlucky. During take off the tyre caught a strip of metal which somehow got left undetected on the runway. Tyre ripped to shreds and part of it got sucked up into the engine, but too late to abort.

Gave them the excuse to retire Concorde off for good even though it was a perfectly safe aircraft.
    Yeah, it was bad luck. The strip had fallen off a Continental flight, which then caused the chain of events you described.

Still, I read that this incident actually exposed previously-unrealized safety issues with the Concorde, which is part of the reason it was shut down.

I hadn't heard it was losing money, but that also makes sense as to why they didn't give the whole thing another go-around.

Load Metric
    Wasn't aware they had underlying safety issues tbh.

But yeah it was deffo run at a loss as I remember BA never being shy in stating the aircraft was hurting them financially and was only kept in service for prestige reasons.

Was always fascinated by Concorde as a kid and beyond. Flew over my city once a year and it would literally bring traffic to a standstill. Such a majestic sight watching that bird roar slowly overhead.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The main reason Concorde was never commercially successful was because it could only take about 100 to 120 passengers maximum. A 767 could take 3 times as many pax.

Concorde fuel consumption was 16.7 litres /100 km / pax, by comparison the 767-400 was 2.42 litres / 100 km / pax.

If you ever saw Concorde take off, the immense noise is like no commercial aircraft you'd ever heard.

Comments

hongkonger: Knowledge rep
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    The main reason Concorde was never commercially successful was because it could only take about 100 to 120 passengers maximum. A 767 could take 3 times as many pax.

Concorde fuel consumption was 16.7 litres /100 km / pax, by comparison the 767-400 was 2.42 litres / 100 km / pax.

If you ever saw Concorde take off, the immense noise is like no commercial aircraft you'd ever heard.
    When I was younger used to live in Western Suburbs of Washington DC near Dulles Airport which was the DC hub for the Concorde. Was almost perfectly on time every day when it flew in.. You could damn near set your watch to it..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

When I was younger used to live in Western Suburbs of Washington DC near Dulles Airport which was the DC hub for the Concorde. Was almost perfectly on time every day when it flew in.. You could damn near set your watch to it..
    I always thought it only flew a very limited number of routes, like London-NYC and London-Dubai?
    BALLIN'!!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    We see it daily as Kids, or hear the SONIC BOOM as it broke the speed of sound....Never did get to fly it..almost a few times to London..man..would have been a thrill.. ticket was like 1100 in 1986?

Thread Information