Thread: Degenerate Days

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Degenerate Days

The betting industry over here in the uk has drastically changed and evolved into a different beast in recent years.

Since FOBT (fixed odds betting terminal) machines were introduced over a decade ago, the focus of high street betting shops has gradually centered more on these machines rather than over-the-counter betting (sports. horse and greyhound racing) due to the much higher margins.

Someone coined the name 'crack cocaine of gambling' for FOBT's, as they attract the lowest common denominator of today's society - especially in poverty stricken areas - where junkies, problem gamblers, and low-lifes in general, flock to punt whatever disposable income they can scrape together from their low paying jobs, government allowance, and in many cases their life savings. The type of people who have little to no personal resolve, as they lack the discipline or control to stop themselves from compulsively sticking another 20 into the note dispenser out of sheer desperation - let alone know what a stop-loss/win is - even if it means dipping into their food and rent money, consequently leaving them with crippling debts and depression to boot!

Standard roulette is the most popular choice as it gives the customer the best chance of winning (~97% average payout: categorised as a B2 game due to the relatively low house edge), besides blackjack (>99% payout according to correct strategy) which most people aren't interested in as they don't know how to play optimally and thus would lose much more at as a result. Slot machine games are also popular, and are categorised as a B3 game whereby the average payout tends to vary from 88-94% depending on stake and game: these games are marketed and pushed more aggressively, with many incentives offered to lure in the recreational gambler.

Gone are the days when a shrewd punter could walk into a bookies and place >£100 bet on sports or racing without being profiled and subjected to bet restrictions if they are deemed a profitable bettor. In the past a bookmaker would take the bet first, then decide if it needs laying off; nowadays bookmakers simply aren't interested in taking large bets because the average margin pales in comparison to what they make from the unknowledgeable, weak and vulnerable types shoveling tons into the roulette bandits and letting it all spin.

Comments

Sanlmar: FBOT rep Cool read

Load Metric
    CLIFFS:

LOL EURODONKS

Load Metric
    Regarding Roulette. It's quick and easy. It's the best gambling high on the planet bar none. There is no better high in the world then walking up to a Roulette tablet with ten $100 chips in hand and betting individual numbers, 1/3rds, black or reds. It goes quick or accumulates quickly. Mostly it goes quickly. Worst feeling in the world is debating which 1/3rd to put your chips on, talking yourself out of it and going elsewhere on the board and lose. It works on your mind.

I dropped $8K last year on Roulette and exotic card games in one day. It was a 24 hour cycle. I traded up and down for 22 hours within a $2,000 variance, the house came crashing down on roulette in like an hour towards the end. Along with a gruesome session on BJ. Yes, I was drunk probably a .03. I justify it now since when amortized its only like $700 a month a year later, but it hurt and hurt bad the next morning. I was in a funk for like week. You get over it, but the morning of shame hurts like none other the next day.

Load Metric
    Eurodonks?

Here in 'Merica the state governments pray on weak vulnerable types with lotteries and scratch tickets. FBOT returns are the stuff of dreams.

Regulation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Regarding Roulette. It's quick and easy. It's the best gambling high on the planet bar none. There is no better high in the world then walking up to a Roulette tablet with ten $100 chips in hand and betting individual numbers, 1/3rds, black or reds. It goes quick or accumulates quickly. Mostly it goes quickly. Worst feeling in the world is debating which 1/3rd to put your chips on, talking yourself out of it and going elsewhere on the board and lose. It works on your mind.

I dropped $8K last year on Roulette and exotic card games in one day. It was a 24 hour cycle. I traded up and down for 22 hours within a $2,000 variance, the house came crashing down on roulette in like an hour towards the end. Along with a gruesome session on BJ. Yes, I was drunk probably a .03. I justify it now since when amortized its only like $700 a month a year later, but it hurt and hurt bad the next morning. I was in a funk for like week. You get over it, but the morning of shame hurts like none other the next day.
    If your drunk at a .03 dude you need to seriously reevaluate how much of a light weight you are alcohol wise.. Considering the legal limit is .08 to be convicted of DWI/DUI

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

If your drunk at a .03 dude you need to seriously reevaluate how much of a light weight you are alcohol wise.. Considering the legal limit is .08 to be convicted of DWI/DUI
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, I meant I was probably 4x the legal limit at .3. Basically the equivalent of a 1/5th of vodka and some wine.

Thread Information